Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity users in germany / Leipzig?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RandAlThor, May 16, 2012.

1. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Hi i am searching for Unity users in Leipzig to get in contact, exchange informations and more.

Hallo, ich bin auf der Suche nach Leuten die Unity in Leipzig benutzen um zum Beispiel Erfahrungen aus zu tauschen und was sich sonnst noch so ergeben kann.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    keyoz and Aran-Thalion like this.
  2. Baumkuchen

Baumkuchen

Ja, Hier! Bisschen späte Antwort...aber falls du nach Interesse hast schreib mir einfach

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    keyoz and Aran-Thalion like this.
  3. Aran-Thalion

Aran-Thalion

Same here. Any Unity users in Leipzig - I'd be happy to connect.

Der Thread ist zwar alt, aber wenn jeman darüber stolpert - ich suche ebenfalls Unity Users in Leipzig.

keyoz likes this.
  4. Martin_H

Martin_H

5. Aran-Thalion

Aran-Thalion

6. Aran-Thalion

Aran-Thalion

Not sure if meetup is gonna help after all. I'm basically just looking for someone who'd be interested to do a little game together rather than just working on it myself. Doing game development mainly in my free time I am yet to finish and release a game. It'd be great for learning new things and actually accomplishing something to have someone join in.

7. Suddoha

Suddoha

So why do you search for people from Leipzig in the first place? I can imagine that it would have some benefits, but
    Unity does already unite millions of game developers from all over the world and there are actually sections in this forum in which you can introduce your ideas to people who might have the same interests and who might join you.
    That's a great opportunity.

8. Aran-Thalion

Aran-Thalion

I do understand what your saying. Now this might be a very subject argument but I believe looking for some fellow Unity developers online and try to set up a project and maintain it just online is gonna fail in most cases. Of course that's also up to each team members motivation and endurance.
    Ever been on such a team where each weekly meeting starts like "Ähm, did anybody do anything? Cause I sure didn't..." Meeting people in the real world has lot's of benefits and every time I have project meetings (even if I do not like that particular project) I do come out of the meeting encouraged to do something. That's an experience a skype meeting is yet to give me. So again that's highly subjectiv but that's the reason I am looking for devs in Leipzig.

Suddoha likes this.
  9. Suddoha

Suddoha

I can relate to that, but I'm sure you wouldn't start a project with people who simply answer on a request, you'd rather ask for experience and projects that they have been working on in order to get an idea about their motivation and such.

Anyway, that was just an alternative because it might be hard to find someone from your area who shares your particular interests and visions. :)
    I'm not sure if you've already tried, but the non-commercial collab section might be a good place to post this as well.

Good luck :)

Aran-Thalion likes this.
  10. Martin_H

Martin_H

You should try going to a local school for design and pin somthing to their "Schwarzes Brett".
    http://leipzigschoolofdesign.de

It is far easier to learn how to use Unity than to learn how to be an artist, and you might find an artist who is willing to collaborate with you in return for you teaching him/her Unity basics. They might even be able to get some study credits (or whatever it's called these days) for their project, for added incentive to stick with it and justify the time investment.

Aran-Thalion likes this.
  11. Aran-Thalion

Aran-Thalion

@Suddoha you might be right ... it's probably gonna be hard to find someone who shares my interests close enough to be willing to join in a project. So I will check out this collab section. Thanks.
    As for the experience of potential team members ... if I was gonna make a living with developing games - sure, experience of co-workers would be crucial. But since this is not (yet ^^) the case I'd rather teach someone who knows less than I do but shares my motivation than working with someone who is a great dev but I cannot get along with.

@Martin_H I'm working for the LSOD on a different project right now (has nothing to do with students there) so I will try asking there. Thanks.

Martin_H likes this.
  12. relativ

relativ

Hi,

I'm a Computer Science Student from the Berufsakademie Leipzig (2nd term).

I wonder if someone is Interested in making a RTS. I already started the project but working together would be fund. I've also worked out a game concept, which is relatively different from common RTS games. It's set in the early 19th Century (Napoleonic era).

If someone's interested, feel free to contact me :)

@Aran-Thalion have you been at the LSOD this year?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  13. keyoz

keyoz

hello, i wonder if the thread is still active? other fellow unity users here in leipzig?