Search Unity

Unity Talks at Ohio Game Developer Expo this weekend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MD_Reptile, Oct 21, 2014.

1. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hey guys, don't know if everybody's heard or not but I couldn't find threads about it...

So yeah, @Mike Geig will be speaking at the OGDE in columbus ohio this weekend, and I am dyingggg to go because I live here in columbus and well... freakin love unity!

I guess he will be talking about some features of Unity 5, as well as some "Introduction to Unity Workshop" thingy deal jobby.

Anyway that all happens this Saturday, and I am seriously considering buying the saturday ticket to go see it, but I have to work at 4 PM that day and might have to.... be a little sick that day hahahaha

Anybody planning on going? @Mike Geig is there gonna be juicy info coming out in your time on stage? Should I endanger my financial stability in order to come see it? Will you sign my flyer? Hahaha

Reference:

https://www.ohiogamedevexpo.com/agenda/

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. StarManta

StarManta

I somehow managed to not know about this!

I might go for part of the weekend if I can.

3. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I'm really psyched actually, planning on begging a co worker to trade me shifts so I avoid ticking off my work to go see it. I'm surprised no big announcements were telling us about this, or at least if there was I missed it.

4. carking1996

carking1996

I'm am exhibitor there! :D

5. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Awesome carking! If your there Saturday I'll have to check it out!

carking1996 likes this.
  6. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Yes.
    No.
    Yes.

Hopefully I'll see you there!

AndrewGrayGames and carking1996 like this.
  7. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Also, I believe the workshop is all booked. I can see if I can sneak you in though.

MD_Reptile and carking1996 like this.
  8. karl_

karl_

Hey, I'll be there too! I'll be the guy at the ProBuilder booth.

carking1996 likes this.
  9. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Awesome, I will try to find you there!

carking1996 likes this.
  10. Yukichu

Yukichu

I live in Columbus and wish I knew about this a bit sooner... though after reading more, it sounds like standing in line only to find out there is no space left sounds... unhappy... like I'd have to decide on something to attend and skip something else just to make sure I'm in line. Maybe I'm being a pessimist.

11. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I'm still juggling trying to get out of work Saturday. I'm begging my boss and coworkers tonight at work to trade me out so I can make it without getting fired haha. I figure lines or not, I'll wait to hear the unity news. The first workshop sounds cool but I'm really wondering what will be discussed at the unity 5 features thing. I'm afraid delaying is going to cost me a seat... Might have to get all splinter cell with it to get in :D

12. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Well guys I couldnt go, work was swamped this weekend. It's too bad, would have liked to see the exhibits and everything... Bummer

So now that it's said and done, anybody get video of the unity talks? I'd love to have a YouTube link if somebody got it! Wish i could have made it.

13. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Howdy, sorry you couldn't attend. It was pretty impressive this year.

As a side note, the Probuilder stuff is no joke. Very cool indeed.

MD_Reptile and karl_ like this.
  14. carking1996

carking1996

The probuilder booth was neat. I liked everyone's.

15. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Yeah it's a bummer I couldn't go. I wish I had known further in advance but I hadn't even realized when it was being held until I was checking out at a gamestop and noticed a flyer with a unity symbol on the counter. I picked it up - amazed by seeing a unity symbol in a game store lol - and saw that it was the ogde coming up in only a few days. Next year I'll try to plan further ahead, at least if some unity talks and booths will be there! Heck maybe the project I'm working on now might be ready to show off to you guys!

Edit: oh btw I was in the probuilder early testing phases. I thought it seemed pretty powerful even then. I didn't ever get ahold of the released versions. I bet it turned out pretty solid though!