Search Unity

Unity Samsung Smart TV Publishing & Monetization

Discussion in 'Samsung Smart TV' started by FreebordMAD, Nov 26, 2014.

1. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

I have recently bough a Samsung Smart TV so now all this Unity and Smart TV thing gets interesting for me. I will surely play around and try to run my games on this new platform, but now to the business side of the deal: How Does It Work?

1. How do I monetize my games on Samsung Smart TV? I have not seen any in app purchases in any game I tried yet? Also I could download all the games for free? Does Samsung buy the apps? Or do they pay based on downloads/plays?

2. How does the publishing work? Samsung is not going to take every game for sure, but are they very picky? Is there any guideline sumup?

2. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

BUMP
    I have tried to google a little more and found this:
    http://www.samsungdforum.com/Features/SmartGame

But still I see only 22 games in my Smart TV and I have tried four of them they all are free of ads and in-app purchases. If there is someone out there who has more information about this topic please do not hesitate to post here ;)

3. Sabec

Sabec

The only way you can generate income is via Samsung's Advertising portal, the fill rates are really poor as is the eCPM.. Also I've heard they are planning to drop hosting Adverts and they don't let you use a third party advertiser? Basically your games are promoting the sale of their TV's.

4. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Great thanks for the reply!!! Sounds bad... did you hear anything about In App Purchases?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  5. shopguy

shopguy

You could always do your own IAP system... although I know nothing about their legal/terms, but "technically" it would be possible. In other words, when you want to sale something in your game, send the info to your own server and do the processing/etc.

Or require them to purchase the game on your own website before they can use it on the TV. I'd assume that part is allowed, since that's not unlike the Netflix app I use daily on my Samsung TV... I had to purchase Netflix before I could use it.

Ads are likely to be super limited, until/unless their platform gains market share/interest.

6. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

FreebordMAD likes this.
  7. lolmaster2

lolmaster2

Does anyone here actually have an app up in he store? Do you earn any money from it? How? Any info would be very appreciated, We're thinking about entering this market but it's very hard to get a picture of what we can expect, both in terms of getting the app approved, and monetization.