Search Unity

Unity Roadshow - Columbus Oh - who's going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MD_Reptile, Apr 18, 2015.

1. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hey guys, so the unity roadshow is coming to my city on may 2nd, and I was lucky enough to snipe a few tickets on day one (before they quickly ran out) and I'm hyped to be going!

So... who else is gonna show? Who is presenting? And of course - will there be some cool unity swag gear I can snatch if I show up early enough? Haha.

2. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Oh another thing - they say bring a pc with windows 8 or 8.1 and visual studio... are those really required or can I get by on windows 7 with monodevelop? Not that I'm particularly fond of monodevelop but do I absolutely require visual studio instead? Plus I hate frigging win 8 and 8.1... the interface changes put me into slow mode.

Heres a link:
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/unity-5-roadshow-columbus-registration-15905679315

3. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Bump - nobody but me going huh? Lol

4. Stuard_

Stuard_

dude i wish i could get a ticket and i have no idea but i wouldn't get windows 8 just for this

5. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

They provide windows 8.1 and visual studio...

At least that's what the event organizer told me

PS I had the tickets you get that are sold out, but I'm about to cancel that ticket and I got a porting lab tickets, I feel the beginner tutorials gonna be, idk to beginner'ey

6. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

So the roadshow went pretty good! I published my old android game "asteroid buster" to windows phone store, and Microsoft picked up the bill, and gave me a free windows phone as well! @Mike Geig did a great job doing the first track and cracked me up a few good times, and a bunch of the local teams seemed to have had somebody there.

I had fun, hope to see you unity guys doing more stuff like this in Columbus soon! Thanks to the hosts and food bringers at microsoft/unity, haha.