Search Unity

Unity Remote 4 is not working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by terresquall, Oct 22, 2014.

1. terresquall

terresquall

Hello all,

I'm creating a game on Android using Unity, and I've heard that you can use Unity Remote 4 to test the game in the editor instead of having to export the game out onto an APK. However, Unity Remote is not working at all. It never goes beyond the screen that says "Select a device to use in: Edit > Project Settings > Editor". On my computer's end, the game continues to play in the editor. Occasionally, with Unity Remote 4 running, playing the game in the Editor will cause it to freeze.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S5, and I have done everything I could to try and make Unity Remote 4 work:
    1. I have a BAT file that performs adb kill-server and adb-devices.
    2. I installed JDK and the appropriate APKs. The game runs if I build it on Unity and install the APK on my phone.
    3. I run the BAT file before opening Unity Remote 4. After Unity Remote is up, I open Unity (seems to be the order people recommend).
    4. I've set Edit > Project Settings > Editor > Remote to Any Android Device.
    Is there anything else I can do to make Unity Remote run instead of crash my Unity?