Search Unity

Unity Pro, "batchmode" and "nographics" in command line

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pitou, Jul 23, 2014.

1. pitou

pitou

Hi,

I have the free version of Unity and want to run a Unity game on a Linux Server which doesn't have a GPU.
    I tried to use -batchmode -nographics in command line, and it gave me the following message in the log file :

"-batchmode" command line argument is only available when publishing using Unity Pro.

My question is : Only the publishing part needs unity pro, or the running part to?

For example, if I purchase Unity for a month, publish my game with it during this period, will the command -batchmode -nographics will work only for this particular month, or will it works forever, because only the publishing part needs unity pro?

Thank you

2. Yukichu

Yukichu

If you compile it with batchmode, and you revert back to free version, you cannot compile it in batchmode again. You need Pro version to compile with batchmode. Existing compiles won't break, as they've already been compiled. So, just hope you don't have something that needs fixing once you revert to free version.

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

There is no way to purchase Unity for a month. You either buy Pro outright, or sign up for a 12-month subscription.

4. Yukichu

Yukichu

I believe we're all referring to the 30 day free Pro trial.

5. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The OP was talking about purchasing Unity for a month.