Search Unity

Unity pro and add ons structure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redeemer86, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Redeemer86

Redeemer86

Good day,

I have tried unity personal and admit it is indeed a wonderful platform for games development.
    I am interested in using it in making applications for many platforms. I have seen that unity pro is offered for $1500/= only and I am fine with that. But I want to make applications for IOS and Android.
    Now given that there is additional $1500/= for both which comes up to $4500/=, I can't seem to figure out even if I consider subscriptions that what the suitable structure of my purchase should be like.
    An additional $3000/= in addition to the pro purchase while I am not sure of my target platforms before developing specific applications but require a flexible blend of these platforms, leaves me without any clear understanding of how I should plan this.
    I need to see the requirements that may or may not plausibly include development on iOS or android or maybe make one or two apps for iOS or android and then for a good period concentrate on high end pc game and then might need either again. So I can't find a flexible structure to suit my needs. Could you kindly assist me in the matter.
    Can you please also tell me if there are extra upgrade costs after the purchase of unity pro.
    Thank you

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Are you making more then 100k annually? If not forget pro and go personal. 4500 is not with it for just the splash screen and dark skin. Not likely you need the professional services for low revenue ventures.

Your post sounds like you missed the 5.0 release notes. All pro features are included in the free version of the engine.

3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

It is all free sub <100k sales, will all the same toolset. Use personal edition. Don't worry about the rest now. When you are ready to launch upgrade your addons as needed.

4. Redeemer86

Redeemer86

Thanks for the quick response...
    So can I launch on App Store for iOS devices and Google play for android apps if I require... What are my limitations could you please let me know as the release notes do not seem clear on this.

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Splash screen. Dark skin. 100k yearly revenue.

That's it. Unity really did go nuts and make everything else free.