Search Unity

Unity Pro 4.6.1 + Android problem

Discussion in 'Android' started by DMONGS, Dec 14, 2014.

1. DMONGS

DMONGS

Hi
    I had used Unity Pro 4.6 and it works well.
    Yesterday I installed Unity Pro 4.6.1 and ... I feel I'm in the hell...
    It doesn't work on my android phones. (I have to update my android games now. hahaha)

When I build an apk file or a project, there isn't any issue.

But when I install the apk file on Nexus 4, it's just stopped. (after showing splash image)
    On my ZTE phone, I can't see splash image :p
    Android Studio says, "Failed looking up window" and blah blah ~

The problem is ... even if I make a new basic project, it's same.

Please let me know what I missed. thank you.

I'm using
    Mac OS 10.10.1(Yosemite)
    Unity Pro 4.6.1f1(Android Pro)
    Android Studio 1.0.1
    Unity Android SDK Location : Library - Android - sdk (Android SDK is installed with Android Studio 1.0.1)

2. haystack

haystack

I'm having a very similar problem.

Just installed 4.6.1. Went to build and run a project that I have tested on my android phone before and I knew worked. During build and run I was told I needed to update (download) my android sdk, that took a while but seemed to work. Then when publishing to my phone, upon launch, all I get it a black screen with the name of the app at the top. Eventually after a couple minutes I get the error: Sorry! Activity testFling (in application testFling) is not responding. Force Close or Wait.

I thought that maybe the SDK tools didn't download correctly, so I went into Eclipse to launch the SDK manager, the manager would not launch, got an error: 'reg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Looked around online until I found this fix: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command . I ended up adding "%SystemRoot%\system32;" to the "path" and "JAVA_HOME" environmental variables. Now I can run SDK manager fine. I launch SDK manager and I see Version 24.0.1 installed fine and doesn't need any update.

I try to play my app in Unity by pressing the play button, works fine. I try to build and run the app to my phone again, same problem. I decide to make a new Unity project, just a sphere and a point light, no code or any other assets. Plays fine in Unity, but get same problem on my phone after build and run, black screen with the name of the app at the top and eventually the "not responding" error.

I think maybe somehow the app is not installing through usb correctly, so I email the apk to myself in gmail and then download and install it to my phone over the internet, same problem.

After this I think, maybe the problem is with the last android update to my phone? I remember I have an older version of the apk I built before I updated Unity and android SDK saved to my email. So to test if it's a problem with my phone's latest android update, I download and install the older apk to my phone over the internet. That version still works just fine.

using:
    Unity 4.6.1
    Windows XP
    Android SDK 24.0.1
    Java: jdk1.7.0_67

phone:
    HTC Incredible ADR6300
    Android version 2.3.4, build # 4.08.605.15 (most recent update as of today)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  3. haystack

haystack

I reinstalled version 4.5.5f1 and now the app builds and runs fine. So this must be a problem with Unity 4.6.1

4. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

Having similar issues with 4.6.1 builds crashing outright, possibly related to native plugins. I will push a bug report but it will have to wait a little bit, currently in a bit of a rush, so just downgraded to 4.5.5p5.

5. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Discussed on the Android forums..Update to 4.6.1. patch1

6. Mosy

Mosy

I am using 4.6.1 now and I am able to get my APKs to run. The only problem I am having is with my Achievements and Leaderboards not showing up when I click on those buttons, but other than that my game builds and runs fine. Also I started to get that problem before I updated to 4.6.1.

7. Umresh

Umresh

I'm have the same issue. I have unity 4.6.1.f1 and while running the app it shows black screen and after sometime not responding. Is this issue solved in patch 4.6.1p2.

8. TLOZ

TLOZ

Had the same problem with 4.6.1f1, 4.6.1p2 resolved the issue for me.

9. DMONGS

DMONGS

Ye~ It works now.
    4.6.1p2

Thank you :)

10. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson

I have that exact problem. Gonna try 4.6.0 again as I don't know where to find the 2nd patch for 4.6.1 that is mentioned here :S

11. TLOZ

TLOZ

DMONGS likes this.
  12. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson

Ah nice one! Thanks TLOZ.

13. simingtu

simingtu

i met the same question, use 4.6.1 to pack the apk , but can't run on zte and amzon's kindle fire.
    solution: use 4.6.0 to pack

14. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Or 4.6.2p2

15. emiaj715

emiaj715

I'm having trouble installing an app on any Nexus device even with 4.6.3 :/

16. indie6

indie6

facing the same issue, using Unity 4.6.3p1 . I previously had 4.5.5p3 but had the same issue.

17. usmangillani

usmangillani

Hi
    I'm using Unity Unity4.6.1f1. it create a problem for me .
    Fps shoot down 25FPs to 3FPs automatically in device randomly in any level and after it all control F***ed up.

only exception generate
    Shader is using clip instruction (usually caused by alpha test). It might cause problems on some Qualcomm/Adreno drivers. UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

18. indie6

indie6

Happens in all the devices or just a specific?
    Is your game optimized? On average what is the draw call count?