Search Unity

Unity Police Department

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ni98ck, May 20, 2014.

1. ni98ck

ni98ck

2. ni98ck

ni98ck

3. ni98ck

ni98ck

add main menu
    $unitypd 2014-05-20 17-52-31-07.png

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  4. Terminator75

Terminator75

Great work man!....Heres an idea.....Make the game multiplayer and Let players choose to be either a Policeman or a Thief/Bandit. The Bandits will run around town while the Police try to catch them and put them in jail xD.....That would be Pretty funny and awesome at the same time ;)

5. ni98ck

ni98ck

for swat what guns would u want see

6. carking1996

carking1996

Looks good. But the car camera is horrendous. Use the smoothfollow from the Standard Assets.

7. Terminator75

Terminator75

Hmmmm.... i dont see too much wrong with the camera, sure there are some bugs but he has put a lot of effort into the game to make it to where he is now and its only a minor issue. For your question, for all i know usually SWAT carries SMG's like MP5 or UMP45 and for pistols usually its a M9, but sure we would love to see guns like M16 too.

8. carking1996

carking1996

Nothing 'wrong' with the camera. But having to constantly move it all the time when driving is a bad idea. Just use the standard smooth follow.

9. AdamBu

AdamBu

Vehicle models Textures are from GTA SA, and originally from D:SF i believe.
    Character models from GTA IV. Come on man. Sirens too though. You will probably get into big trouble if you use them commercially.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  10. caseyatbric

caseyatbric

this

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  11. ni98ck

ni98ck

UPDATE 3 Coming to night

added
    swat
    swat suv
    mp5 ris w/ eotech
    select character

bugs
    swat suv
    suv engine sound

12. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

That performance. Those graphics. The sound. This lighting. Why?

Deleted User likes this.
  13. ni98ck

ni98ck

UPDATE 3

14. Samuel411

Samuel411

You should work on getting the mechanics to work a little better (aiming, shooting, muzzle flash, camera movement) then continue working on new things. Looks alright though.

15. jameos

jameos

have to agree core game play always comes first.

has potential i remember seeing another game quite similar about cops a bit back its a great idea though!

16. Terminator75

Terminator75

Agreed. The gameplay looks pretty good so far. The texture bugs along the road is pretty bad. So far there is no objective for the game than wandering around in a police car.....Please tell us what this games core concept is about? Like if this games a single-player mission based game or a Multi-player Cop vs Thief kinda game.

17. goat

goat

Good ideal, I have plans to do something like this later. I think your game needs Unity 5 or the at least Unity Beta Assets for the car controllers until then.

You UMA characters look OK. If you made those uniforms that is a pretty good job but why are county sheriff officer types attacking urban swat officer types?

As you know, 'Sheriff' types on vehicles (they don't drive cars!) and uniforms use brown / olive / black for their clothing, town city tend to use 'police blue', white, black and state is a bit more all over but tend to use grey, black, white or 'sheriff' colors.

The grass and streets are let's say, about as much effort was put in your use of them as there have been put in learning police procedure. I'd expect those to improve.

The models and environment need much improvement but already are probably more than my PC can handle. In contrast to another's opinion I like the change in the road textures as anyone that's driven in the US knows what a crap job is done on maintenance in order to 'encourage expenditure' in the right places. Uhhhh.

You need to learn police training to some degree to make your game effective though otherwise it's nothing more then a shoot-up.

I've been in a city / county combined jail for 3 days and it was much bigger that your jail which looks like a repurposed residential house. Traded picked boiled eggs and green bologna sandwiches for cigarettes. Spent most of the rest of the time pretending to sleep to avoid trolls. Yes, jails have them. Lied about not remembering my cell number and go to tour the jail with the police as they made their rounds for a few hours. Don't worry I'm not dangerous. I was thrown in jail for forgetting I was given a traffic ticket. Officers came and server a warrant. Strip search. Put in a holding cell with a guy that gave me cigarettes. Told me not to 'hot box the cigarette' I was smoking. What is 'hot boxing?' Smoking a cigarette so fast the tobacco inside is burned before the rice paper on the outside. Holding cells and regular prison cells are very 'unprivate'. Stayed the night in jail. Judge thought my (embarrassed) smile when I started to speak to her was 'oh, you think this is funny?' so through me in jail 2 more days. Boring.

I've also been on guard watch in a military jail and it was more like Mayberry's.

I once had an officer follow me for a hundred miles through the Florida Keys waiting for me to do something to give him an excuse to pull me over. He finally got his chance at dusk and one of my headlights blew as he was following me! Didn't find any drugs like he was expecting though even though I was driving a clunker all the way from Kentucky. No deal. No drugs.

'Bad boys, bad boy, what they gonna do, what they gonna do when they come for you?'

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  18. ni98ck

ni98ck

Small Update

19. ni98ck

ni98ck

UPDATE

20. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

Would like to see the scene get a little brighter. Looks like you have come so far in such a short period of time man

21. carking1996

carking1996

Better, but the roads are tiny. Most widths are between 3-4 car widths for two lanes. :)

22. ni98ck

ni98ck

unity 5 small update

23. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

You should remove Unity form your game name , you probably do not own the right to use the name of unity in your game name.
    Unity3D is not the name of the game engine, its just the URL for the website they picked.
    Are you sure you can post unity 5 Beta stuff in public?

Interesting project so far.