Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

unity network communication problems.

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Deleted User, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I developed a demo using unity'c#.Client connect to server and send information,and i tested on windows Pc(start two app,one is server,another is client),and it works fine.

But when I use my z10 to test (app on windows as client,app on z10 as server),I can connect,but i can not send information.I use tcp socket.

When I use z10 as server ,app on windows as client,it can not connect.

How can I solve this?Is it the problem of my code or the problem of bb10 os.

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. In both scenarios the windows is the client and the z10 is the server but they have different behaviors?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

scenarios1: Windows is client and Windows is server,it's fine.
    scenarios2: Windows is client and Z10 is server,client can connect to server but can not transfer data.
    scenarios3: Windows is server ans Z10 is client,client cann't even connect to server.

I use tcp socket.First server create a tcp listen socket.And then client connect to server.After that they send data to each other.
    I searched the internet,maybe it's because unity does not support socket on BB10.BB10 can only use WWW.But i'm not sure about that.

4. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I hate to say it but you are doing something wrong. I have sockets working fine between bb10 and windows.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

OK,I will check the code.