Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity for PSM - Error creating master package for application update on the store

Discussion in 'PSM' started by mehulshukla, Jul 17, 2014.

1. mehulshukla

mehulshukla

SCEE Dev Support PSM

There is currently an issue with the Publishing Utility for Unity whereby users are unable to submit updates for applications existing on the store.

This is in relation to the error received when trying to create a master package for an update.

We are currently working on the fix and will release an updated version of the Publishing Utility to resolve this. Please note that as it is a severe bug, the fix may take longer than expected but we will release the update as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

2. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Thank you :) Hopefully not too too long, i feel like you guys will have a huge amount of apps to review once its fixed haha.
    Is this also stopping new games from being published or just updates?

3. PeteD

PeteD

:( I did wonder (in the other thread) how the publish utility had any clue we were submitting updates for existing apps. There seems to be a lot of stuff I take for granted on other mobile platforms that is just plain missing like being able to set up an update on the portal and then upload it's master files. If it's going by name and version number, then there may be a lot of accidental uploads in the future. All it's going to take is accidentally building a master package with a new version number to have a new version update upload itself and publish!

4. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Haha You'd still need to do a few things wrong in order to get an accidentally published version, its not going to happen.
    First, if your just building to test and change the version number, its fine, thats not submitting the package, to do that you need to change build settings, and click yes twice i think to uploading and submitting, then logging into your Sony account etc, then you have to add all the updated meta data on the dev portal, which will have a few accepts to say yes to too.

Its a funny thought though :) 3 games published, 782 accidental master packages uploaded and displayed in dev portal haha

@mehulshukla Keep us updated, want to know whether i can sit back, relax and developer these new games and updates slowly or whether i need to get off my arse and get everything ready ! ^_^

Edit: Added English to what i wrote haha

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    PeterD likes this.
  5. PeterD

PeterD

I
    I mentioned the accidental update because it's easy if you forget to unselect master for the build type. Most people just click through the dialogs because so may pop up.

6. SeveneduS

SeveneduS

18 Nov. 2014 - The problem is not solved yet.