Search Unity

Unity crashing on specific CPU

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Alloc, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Alloc

Alloc

Hi,

looks like our Unity builds are crashing only on a very specific CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1245v2. This has been reported by at least three server companies by now, all getting the same result and the stacktrace always ending in
    000000013F6DEFEA (7DaysToDieServer) RegisterModule_Audio

Got at least one confirmation that another Unity 5.1.2 based server has the same issue with that hardware. As it's been three independent hosting company reports and the major similarity is the CPU it seems to be related to that.

Attached a crash-folder of one of those crashes. Would be nice if this could be fixed or if it is something on our end (though the trace suggests it's purely Unity code we can't influence?) a hint on what is wrong could be given :)

Regards,
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. Alloc

Alloc

Forgot this one ... this problem has only started with Unity 5, before our game was running fine on those servers.

Any input?

3. Alloc

Alloc

No one? UnityTech?

4. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Have you reported this crash?

5. Alloc

Alloc

Hi Aurore,

thanks for the reply.

So far I only reported it in here. Problem is that no one on our team has such a machine, it's only three hosting companies so far that have reported this error (but each one states it's only happening with a subset of their machines with the common part (at least looks like it) being the E3-1245v2 CPU).
    Where / how should I report this other than in here?

- Chris

6. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

From the editor go to help > Report a bug.

Include all the information you have here and any logs/dump files.

7. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Given that it's looking to initialize audio - does the server have a sound card configured or not?
    Can you give system info as the server OS sees it? (not by hardware, but what's actually configured with running drivers, etc)

8. Alloc

Alloc

I asked two of the providers that we're in contact with, suppose I might get the details within the next 24 hours :)

9. Alloc

Alloc

Only got one of them to respond so far. Stated that they upgraded from Win Server 2008 to 2012 and now it's working for them. They're trying to find a machine that still got the issue though.