Search Unity

Unity camera help?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Wasiim, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Wasiim

Wasiim

i find the Unity camera extremely annoying to work with is there anyway to make my life easier if i want a certain view? because rotating a camera is such a pain and takes too much time if i want a top view i expect it to just flip to top view and i can slide it over my GameObjects.

2. topherbwell

topherbwell

Just use the gizmo in the top right of the scene view (click on the little arrows to snap to views). This combined with pressing F to focus on the selected object is extremely user friendly.

3. Wasiim

Wasiim

good tip but i am trying to rotate the camera.

4. topherbwell

topherbwell

hold down right mouse while in the scene view.

5. Wasiim

Wasiim

You don't understand i am trying to rotate the camera itself the thing you see in the game view not the scene.

6. topherbwell

topherbwell

So you are referring to a gameobject, not the unity scene camera; you could have multiple gameobject cameras in a scene.

Well that would be moved just like any old game object, using the transform.

How are you using a gameobject camera that you are needing to move it in the scene view so frequently that it becomes an inconvenience?

7. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

you want it to snap to a specific rotation in the scene during edit... type the value into the transform for the camera in the inspector, just like any other gameobject

8. Wasiim

Wasiim

But i don't know the specific rotations of the camera.

9. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

you want top down, thats 90 around x