Search Unity

Unity Answers not working properly

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fred_gds, Aug 28, 2014.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hey,

I have a few problems with Unity answers.

First of all for the moment I am not able to submit any Question (see first image attached) :/

And secondly I am unable to find any buttons to format my text in Unity Answers (see second image) nor to comment on any question or answer :/

While the formatting does not work on Unity Answers it works great in the Forum.

So at least for the formatting question I can say that it has nothing to do with my computer or browser as I tried it on mac with safari and on windows with firefox and explorer and on non of those configuration I was able to get it working.
    I think that the problem might actually accrue due to the ' in my username, but I can't change that so it would be great if somebody could provide me a solution :) Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-28 um 14.43.36.png Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-28 um 14.43.08.png

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Hi,

You contacted support about this, it seems like you've posted questions since you posted this, are you still experiencing errors?

3. fred_gds

fred_gds

Yes I still experience this.

I found a workaround by logging out of my Account. Then writing the answer and then press answer. Which will then just ask me to sign in and post it.

I use the same procedure for posting answers. But the workaround doesn't work for comments and it is quiet annoying.

I can reproduce that error on any device I have :/

4. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Just so I have this right, it's not when asking questions, just posting answers and comments?

5. fred_gds

fred_gds

No.

The problem is that when I am logged in, I'm unable to do anything.

If I log out, I can write the question or answer. So then when you want to post the question/answer the system will ask you to log-in and if the log-in is successful, it will post the question/answer. <--- that's the workaround I found, which is really annoying.

So that workaround works for questions and answers but not for comments.

Also when I am logged in I am unable to see my "last activity" or so.

So logging in with my account seems to cause trouble to the system. If you want to reproduce the problem just log in with my account (in case you need the passcode just pm me). But my guess would be that the error is caused by the ' in my account name.

6. fred_gds

fred_gds

So am I going to get any answers/suggestions on here anytime soon?

7. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Can you take a small video showing what you see. Post it somewhere, and let us know where the video is. We'll work with dZone who host/manage the site for us to get you sorted. Sorry you've had to wait, and not had a solution. (dZone are in the US, and it's Thanksgiving, else I'll ping them right now for you.)

8. fred_gds

fred_gds

I'll post a video or screenshot collections as soon as possible. I'm currently finalizing a project so I need to find some time to make that ;) thanks for your help.

9. fred_gds

fred_gds

10. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Hi there, just letting you know we're looking into this. I'll write back if I need any additional info. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope to have this fixed soon.

11. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Hi!
    The issue is still being looked into, but could you provide me with screenshots of your JS console every time you are trying to access the specific sites/performing the actions?

12. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hi,
    Sure I'll just have to figure out how to show it :)