Search Unity

Unity Analytics and selling assets in the Unity Asset Store best practice. [Question solved]

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by AlanMattano, Sep 22, 2016.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

To Unity AnalyticsI Expert:
    I make research and there is a lot about other analytics and makes hard to find info about Unity Analytics setup for selling assets in the Unity Asset Store. In my particular case since I'm ignorant in the subject I wish to disable Unity Analytics or to know more about it. I wish to avoid conflicts with the user that purchase my asset.
    • Is recommended not to enable Unity Analytics when selling in the asset store?
    • Can I disable Unity Analytics?
    • Can I enable Unity Analytics if I'm making an asset for the asset store?
    • What problems the asset, the user or player can encounter enabling Unity Analytics into an asset sold in the Unity Asset Store.
    If you include links to other similar questions can be grateful.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @AlanMattano,

Settings for Services are not preserved when creating asset packages. So even if you enable Analytics for a project and then upload that project to the Asset Store, the Service will not be enabled for anyone that downloads that project.

This is for many technical reasons, but it is also to ensure that only the project owner has access to the Analytics dashboard for their project and not anyone that sold them an asset. Even if these settings were saved in an asset package, you would still not have permission to view the analytics for a project that you are not an owner of or a member of that organization.

3. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Thanks for the great answer and moral side!

ap-unity likes this.