Search Unity

Unity Ads not showing any data in Statistics

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Retruate, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retruate

Retruate

Hi,

My game, Bomb Dodge, has Unity Ads enabled on it, and I've tested it; it's fully functional. Yet I'm not showing any Ad Starts on my Unity Ads Dashboard in the Statistics section. This can't be true, because I have played multiple ads on my device myself, so it should show those ads even if nobody else has started an ad (which is unlikely). This could be an issue on Unity's side, but I assume I'm doing something wrong. Help?

Thanks tons :).

Attached Files:

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Are you using the correct game ID to initialize ads?

Are you seeing test ads or regular ads?

Note that we had a brief service outage today that might also have affected what you see on your dashboard.

Kind regards,

3. Retruate

Retruate

Hello,

Just checked, yep.

I'm seeing regular ads.

Possibly, thanks for letting me know. I'll post any updates on this thread.

Thanks for your help.

Gareth-Tech likes this.
  4. Gareth-Tech

Gareth-Tech

I have the same problem. The ads do work. There should be some stats showing for ad starts but there is nothing.

5. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Keep in mind that test ads do not generate any stats. If test ads are disabled, please try clearing your browser cache or using an incognito window when viewing the Unity Ads dashboard. There was an issue earlier last week with our stats view that caused stats to be cached and not updated with the latest stats.

You can also generate a CSV report to view the latest stats. Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 3.37.43 PM.png

6. Gareth-Tech

Gareth-Tech

I'm using the new dashboard.
    I've set Testmode to :
    Force test mode OFF (i.e. use production ads) for all devices
    to ensure there is no doubt over testmode being on.
    I'm just using the Unity Ads that's built into Unity 5.3

I have used the plugin from the appstore in the project prior to this but have removed all assets associated with the plugin.
    I have updated the scripting and removed the Initialise line.
    I was using the older dashboard but I moved onto the newer dashboard.

The game is linked through my unity project, in Unity itself and everything works fine in the app itself.

I will look through the project folder and see if there is anything there from the plugin again.
    If not I'm lost. Could there be a delay in stats being shown?

And the CSV report has nothing.

7. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Check the Advanced section of Ads in the Services window (click to expand the drawer). Make sure the game IDs are the same as what you see for each platform in the dashboard. You may be looking at a different project than what you have currently linked to through the Services window. If so, the IDs will be different.

You can double check the current linked project settings under the Settings tab of the Services window.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 12.03.38 PM.png

8. Gareth-Tech

Gareth-Tech

Everything is as it should be.
    I used the same project I just removed the plugin and went with the inbuilt system instead, As well as moving to the new dashboard.

Do you think it's because I have access to both dashboards?

9. Retruate

Retruate

I've switched to AdMob, so this doesn't pertain to me anymore, but for the record, test ads were not enabled and the dashboard still wasn't updating.

10. Gareth-Tech

Gareth-Tech

Did you have this problem with the plugin or Ads through Services in Unity?
    I'm going to try the plugin with another app on the old dashboard to see what happens.

11. Retruate

Retruate

Through the built-in editor integration.

Good luck!

12. Gareth-Tech

Gareth-Tech

I'm getting something in the CSV file but the data is incomplete, still no stats on ad starts etc. The new test will hopefully shed a light on where the issue is. But I am looking at other Ad services incase this matter can't be resolved by the end of the week.

13. Retruate

Retruate

I don't remember checking the CSV file, so that was a smart idea of yours. I really liked how multiplatform and easy Unity Ads is. What drove me away were the lack of banners and this reoccuring issue. Google AdMob is fairly easy to integrate and I just take the Google folders out of the project temporarily when I make a Windows 10 build.

14. Awesomeo9000

Awesomeo9000

Was this resolved? I am currently having the same issue, although there is no data in the CSV file. The ads are popping up in the game (Inertia) but I am not even getting any ad starts.

15. Retruate

Retruate

No, the issue was never resolved with me, and apparently not with anyone else. I switched (there wasn't much switching) over to Google AdMob, but I'm considering switching back to Unity Ads. I guess I'll have this problem to tackle again.

16. Awesomeo9000

Awesomeo9000

Thanks for the quick response. If and when this gets resolved I will

17. Awesomeo9000

Awesomeo9000

It was my mistake, apparently I had 2 accounts and the one I was using inside visual studio was not the one I was using to check the ads. Everything appears to be working correctly

Retruate likes this.
  18. Retruate

Retruate

Two Unity accounts? I look into that and see if I have the same problem, but I don't think that was my problem.

19. SshockwaveGames

SshockwaveGames

We are facing the same issue. Test ads are off but still the stats in the dashboard are not being updated. I have read everything above but still it doesn't help resolving the issue

20. MrtnGame

MrtnGame

Same as Ticklishgames, test and regular ads are showing up. But there are no stats update on the dashboard. (with more than 1k ads displayed...)

21. BlazingrStudio

BlazingrStudio

How about today, still no report?!

22. jeffweber

jeffweber

I think I'm having the same issue here. I have unity ads hooked up, I can play my game on a device and I see the ads when I expect to see them.

When I look at the Unity statistics for my game, Just Ski, Impression come up Zero even though I have 500+ user now... Just launched on June 5th.

I downloaded a cvs report and it shows this:

On the 6th, I expected to see a fair amount of impressions in my statistics report. This cvs report shows 322 ad requests, but nothing for started or views. How can this happen? I feel like I'm losing out on potential revenue and would REALLY like to get this fixed.

-Jeff

23. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi Jeff - please reach unityads-support@unity3d.com with the following details:
    - your game ID
    - your code responsible for handling ads
    - your Ads SDK version

Also note that some events might appear later to your stats - they're not always immediate as some data may also depend on callbacks from third parties.

If you're seeing views after testing it with live ads a couple of times (you may call this the smoke test) - things should be running as usual.

24. jeffweber

jeffweber

25. ahilabs

ahilabs

26. jeffweber

jeffweber

I think my issue was with using Cloud Build to create my APK. When I did a build from my own PC instead of using the one from Cloud Build it worked. The only other think I changed that could have made it work was I explicitly called Initialize on the Ad sdk and passed in the Id rather than assuming the Ad service would do all that for me like it is suppose to.

27. bhavitashah

bhavitashah

Hi guys
    i integrate unity ads in my project before 10 days but when i open my dash board i show every thing is 0
    eCPM 0
    Impressions 0
    Fill Rate 0
    Ad Requests 0
    Ads Revenue 0
    what is wrong with my unity game ?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  28. ina

ina

Yes, same problem.

29. DBarlok

DBarlok

Same problem here.

30. israr987

israr987

Does Anyone got any solution? I am Getting the same Error No Data At this time period :/

31. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@israr987

Could you open a new thread and provide as much detail as possible about your issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.