Search Unity

Unity 5 Survival Shooter Animation Problems...

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Zoneo, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Zoneo

Zoneo

Hey guys, I recently started the Unity 5 Survival Shooter tutorial and ive run into a little bit of a snag. It seems my "walk" animation has some interesting things going on. when I look at the animation preview I notice that there is a full animation of the "Idle" stance and then 2 very short "walking" animations. The results of this is the character will stand "idly" while you are walking around the screen until the animation is complete "(if you hold the button long enough) and then will play the 2 short animations that make it look like a studder step.

Basically all I need to know, is how do I edit the animation to remove the idle and one walk and make the walking animation a littler longer?

2. narasu

narasu

I've had no such issue following the tutorial and have a hard time picturing what is wrong in your project. It might help to uncheck 'Has Exit Time' in all the animation transitions if you haven't already done so.

3. Zoneo

Zoneo

That definitely helped, however there is still a little bit of a lag between the idle and walk animations. He kind of hovers and then steps and then walks in place for a moment.