Search Unity

Unity 5 RPG Series

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by BurgZerg-Arcade, May 17, 2015.

1. BurgZerg-Arcade

BurgZerg-Arcade

Good morning everyone. Some time ago I created a tutorial series on how to create a RPG style game using Unity. Well with the release of Unity 5, I have decided to redo the series, but this time with an emphasis on tool creation.

This allows us to create our game in a modular way that will be easier to adapt parts to other game. I have already started the Item System on YouTube and would love to hear any feed back you have.

Petey

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurgZergArcade

knkg17, Hoonius, mgear and 1 other person like this.
  2. GTGD

GTGD

Very cool! Looking forward to studying your new tutorials.

3. BurgZerg-Arcade

BurgZerg-Arcade

Just uploaded video #4. Will try to get a 5th in later tonight. Creating tools in Unity can be so much fun :)

4. outtoplay

outtoplay

Monster Good!...you're tutorial work is singular. Thanks.

5. BurgZerg-Arcade

BurgZerg-Arcade

Why thank you :) I am going to try to get at least one video a day done until the Item System is complete.

Generally I will be releasing the new video around 5pm eastern time.

6. stevenh512

stevenh512

Very nice tutorials, as someone who is totally new to Unity (but I do know some C# and have a little experience with other engines) I've already learned quite a bit. I'm curious, since you mentioned a Git repository in the first video, is there a public repository or any other way to download the code? Not to take away from your tutorials at all because they're really well done, but I can't be the only person who has trouble following along with a video while simultaneously trying to type each line of code. For me at least, being able to download the sample code for each tutorial or (better yet) a Git repository where I can follow along with each commit would make it a lot easier to follow.

Teila likes this.
  7. BurgZerg-Arcade

BurgZerg-Arcade

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the series. At this time the repo is still private until I decide what I want to do with it.

8. Archania

Archania

Thank Petey for rebooting this. I watched most of the old series. Glad you are back at it!

9. BurgZerg-Arcade

BurgZerg-Arcade

It will be a fun time as we create stuff that actually helps up create games :)

10. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Very nice tutorial

11. BurgZerg-Arcade

BurgZerg-Arcade

Thank you :)

12. knkg17

knkg17

Heh, first time I actually understood how to use a generic class. Please keep up the good work.