Search Unity

Unity 5 Mesh collider issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by roka, Sep 17, 2015.

1. roka

roka

Hello,

I have updated my game to unity 5 (Unity 5.1.0f3).

For some of my players (around 5%), when they join a map for the first time, they can go through a wall or they fall through the floor (only 1 or 2 game object are affected and on all maps that i have).

I was able to reproduce the same in the editor by playing my game but only one time, i explain :

When i was able to go through a wall, i have checked the game object (wall) and everything was fine on it, it have a mesh collider and when i select it, i can see the green line of the collider.

So i have tested to add a second mesh collider and then i was not able to go through a wall anymore, sound like the mesh collider loaded first was badly loaded or i don't know.

Another thing, if i leave the map and join it again, this bug do not happen again (it's why it's hard to reproduce).

I have never got this bug in unity 4.x.x

If an unity staff can check it.

Thank you.

2. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

@roka
    If you are using one of the character controllers provided by Unity's standard assets:
    Have you tried using Unity 5.2 for your project?
    Because I had issues using the character controller in scenes that used mesh colliders, too, and the problems were resolved in 5.2.

3. roka

roka

4. roka

roka

In the 5.1.2 release note i can see :
    • (685107) - Physics: Fixed an issue in PhysX where a capsule would fail to collide with a triangle mesh.
    • (441764) - Physics: Fixed an issue in PhysX where capsule-capsule collision detection would erroneously fail when the capsules' axes were almost aligned.
    Maybe because of that, not sure.