Search Unity

Unity 5 Makes USB network adapter stops working properly

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MattVer, Mar 6, 2015.

1. MattVer

MattVer

I use a network adapter plugged into an usb port to get internet through Wi-fi at my home, the moment I open unity 5 I can't acces the internet, troubleshooting just says that there is a problem with the adapter's driver or it is broken. When I close unity 5 it starts to work again. The icons on the bottom recognize the signal but it has the warning sign on top if it.

Anybody else having the same problem?

Cheers.

PS: It didn't happen during Beta

2. tswalk

tswalk

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

My network adapter stops working too and I'm not getting the HID error.

4. MattVer

MattVer

I don't get a single error in Unity, it just stops.

5. cheesejunkie

cheesejunkie

There's no good permanent solution for this other an Unity patching the issue. The problem is Unity opens too many TCP connections to try to connect to your mobile device (doesn't matter if the device is on or whether or not Unity Remote is running). After it opens too many connections, there aren't enough for your browser. To see this, when the problem occurs, open up Resource Monitor (a Windows component) and browse to the Network > TCP Connections. Close Unity and within a few seconds your browser will work.

Basically, if you need to use Unity remote or a mobile device, deal with the hassle of restarting Unity. If you do not need to use the device, UNPLUG IT!