Search Unity

Unity 5 Crash on Every Start

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by wilhelmscream, Aug 28, 2016.

1. wilhelmscream

wilhelmscream

I've been using Unity (currently 5.0.0f2) for a couple years now. My OS is Windows 10 (upgraded around 8 months ago). Until last week, everything was beautiful. And then..... things went wrong.

For the past week, any attempt to open my project (or create a new one) resulted in an "Importing small assets" progress bar, which would inevitably crash (though not always at the same point). I found various suggestions, and the ones I could try I did. I emptied, then deleted entirely, the Library and Temp folders. I uninstalled Unity and reinstalled (and again, and again, trying every possible combo, including completely deleting all Unity-related files, projects, etc from my computer). I even tried downgrading from Pro to Personal. Nothing at all has worked. It looks like my 2-year-worked-on, 80% complete project is killed.

If anyone has any new suggestions, I'm desperate for an answer.

2. shawn

shawn

Unity Technologies

For crashes, always good to post your Editor.Log, otherwise it's difficult to see where the crash is coming from. Most likely there's a specific asset that's giving you problems.

Also, I would recommend trying with the newest version of Unity (backup your project first because importing will need to upgrade some of your files).