Search Unity

Unity 5.2 crashes a lot

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RandomCharacters, Sep 9, 2015.

1. MrGky93

MrGky93

bugg.PNG hi
    I become a big crash mean when i import a asset that have more than 700mb and when my porject have more than 1gb it will crash.??
    I pup up 100 underprograms like nvidia etc.??
    And here are the pictures
    looks like it overflow unity3d ??

Attached Files:

• bugg.PNG
      bugg.PNG
      File size:
      25.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. pradeep_rangdhol

pradeep_rangdhol

When I started using Unity 5.2.1, I was rarely facing hang/crash issues in editor. Then migrated to 5.2.2f1 as my other team members were using this & they did not report any hang/crash issues. But, issues continued on my system. My team members were using Windows 10.
    Hence, I upgraded to Windows 10 & at the same time, Unity release new version 5.2.3f1. Its release notes had few fixes for Editor crash issue. Hence I upgraded to new version of Unity. After this, Editor stated continuously crashing on pressing play key & not giving popup for bug report also. On trying to debug using VS debugger, error pointed out to ntdll.dll.
    After this, I reverted the version to 5.2.2f1 as it was working at least for some time. But, no luck. Now same issue is seen in this version also :(
    Every-time I play, it hangs or crashes.
    As suggested in few forums, verified that "Enable Alpha Numeric Sorting" option is not enabled in my editor.
    I am using pro version.
    Also note that, this issue started after switching to android. Same code was working perfectly right in standalone mode.
    I have reported issue in bug tracker many times since Nov 2nd. 748320 is the latest which has editor logs attached.
    Can someone please help resolving this issue?

3. jerryjr261

jerryjr261

I believe a lot of these issues have something to do with Windows 10 and making folders read-only, Trying to find a solution this is what I did;

I had moved my "unity projects" folder out of public documents and into users/myname/documents folder and changed permissions to it to allow full control and made sure my account had control of sub folders and sub directories. I launched unity and changed something within my game project (like create something in the asset folder then delete it) then played the scene, then stopped the scene without a crash. it use to hang when I'd hit play or crash when I'd hit the play button to stop. I am running unity 5.2.2f1

Hope this helps others and not just me

4. Neo-Architect

Neo-Architect

I'm, curious...are your scripting files and program installed onto a removable storage? I see that your root directory is 'G' rather than 'C'. I would try a native install instead of a portable one.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. Neo-Architect

Neo-Architect

You can grant 'administrative access' to Unity simply by right-clicking the .exe (c:\program files\unity\editor\) select 'properties', go to the 'compatibility' and select 'run this program as administrator'. this should fix any errors you get in regards to 'access denied'.

6. Polkatuba

Polkatuba

No, it's regular hard drive. The building crash went away, but other instability still persists with the editor.

7. Neo-Architect

Neo-Architect

Just an observation. it seems that a lot of you are having troubles with the Unity 5.2.x install. From what I personally experienced, it seems to be a memory error. Normally when a blue screen, Unity crashes with no bug report or the editor freezes-its an external cause in memory execution/allocation. Few suggestions I have are (for advanced users) is to:
    • set your 'priority' in the task manager for Unity to 'real time' or 'high' CAUTION-Depending on your system this may cause instability. This will force your system to thread Unity at a higher than normal execution rate, so use at your own risk;
    • stop any unnecessary programs from starting up as this wastes resources ('windows+r', type 'msconfig' or task manager for Win8.1-WinX users;
    • Update your graphics card drivers and any other DirectX, Java or System resources needed as much of them access memory via GPU;
    • Replace your memory unit
    This is merely one of many things that could be the cause of your Unity crashes. So dont take what I write here as the 'tell all, be all' to resolve your particular problem. hope this helps...happy gaming.

8. pointcache

pointcache

crashes around 500 times this month. Im not kidding, around 20 crashes per day. Imported sprite while playin? Crash./
    Forgot to stop before compiling? Crash. Did some reflection thing that unity is just UNABLE to understand (no wonder, thank you for dinofecal that mono2.0 is) - crash. Its a crashfest.

9. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

If this happens again, would you be willing to submit a crashlog/bug report? When running Unity choose Help->Report a Bug in the menu. It should prompt you to submit a bug if Unity crashes, but just in case ;) Very curious about this one.

10. zapjonny

zapjonny

Sorry to bump this but Unity 5.3.5 is crashing/freezing/not responding on me like every second (or more) time I try to start it up. On OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31). I have to force quit it, then start it again, which usually always works to start it up. A side issue is that even though I usually am working with the iOS platform, the editor somehow often switches to PC platform or Web platform "by itself"... or at least I can't figure out what makes it switch platform. Is there a shortcut key for switching platforms, which I accidentally touched, or something?

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is old, I know, but I am using 2019. My last project crashed after I tried to play three animations on the same scene- and no coding was done yet. Now I'm onto a new project with far fewer items. Now, Unity is acting a bit weird, like it wants to crash and then doesn't. I'm almost done with this game and I don't want to abandon it like I did the last one. Please help? Basically, at times, my screen goes black, and then it is as if it's trying to reopen Unity for some reason.

12. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Have you filled any bug reports for the crashes?

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

I tried but it gave me an error after filling it out. Now, strangely, I get 125 errors from the PackageCache, whatever that is.