Search Unity

[Unity 5.2.2] wrong UI text color (all black)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by henkjan, Nov 4, 2015.

1. henkjan

henkjan

I have a strange problem after upgrading to Unity 5.2.2:

My project has 3 scenes: Initializer; Navigation; Main
    In the editor it doesn't matter which scene I start. I will always load the Initializer first (using some code).
    When the editor's current scene is Navigation (before running) and I run the project the text color of all the text is correct (see correct.jpg).
    But when the editor's current scene is Main and I run the project, the text color for all the text is black! (see wrong.jpg)

I've googled it and someone suggested the create a new material with the UI/Default Font shader without touching the parameters, and assign it to all the text. I've tried this, but it didn't help.

UPDATE:
    Looks like it is only happening in the Unity Editor. I've tried building a stand alone version and there the text color was correct.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    CloudyVR likes this.
  2. henkjan

henkjan

Nobody has the same problems?

CloudyVR likes this.
  3. matt_relentless

matt_relentless

We have this same problem. The problem occurs on iOS, Android, Xbox One and PS4 builds too. Has it been fixed in 5.2.2 patches?

4. matt_relentless

matt_relentless

Henkjan, we found a solution to this. Check to see if you have a shader in your project called "UI/Default" or "UI/DefaultFont". This is now overriding the built in font shader. Rename this to something else "UI/DefaultInternal" and restart unity.

This should fix the problem

5. henkjan

henkjan

Matt, I've searched my project but I don't have a shader that is called UI/Default or UI/DefaultFont. Also I have tried to fix it by creating a new material and using the UI/Default Font shader (which Unity is providing) and add this to all my Text components. But this doesn't fix it either.
    By the way I'm running the newest patch 5.2.2p3 and tried a build for Android without the problem. So it looks like it's only happens in the editor.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  6. brendan-vance

brendan-vance

We've been having this issue with our project as well; I've tried a whole bunch of things (including the stuff in this thread from the beta forum) and thus far have been unable to resolve it.

It's worth noting that we brought our project over from 4.6, and developed all the UI stuff back then. Has anyone experienced this with a brand new Unity project?

7. henkjan

henkjan

I've also updated it from Unity 4.6 unfortunately

8. henkjan

henkjan

I found the problem. I'm using Advanced Additive Scenes that does this :-(