Search Unity

Unity 5.2.0f no sound function AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint ????

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Irina-uk, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Irina-uk

Irina-uk

She worked on the 5.1 sound has been using the AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint, today moved to the 5.2 sound is missing? Tell me again where you can download 5.1 or how to fix it

2. Irina-uk

Irina-uk

Fix it, now you need to play 2D sound position of the camera, so that the sound of the volume, which is in reality.

retxab, dougbello and Ernestosaurio like this.
  3. Irina-uk

Irina-uk

Camera.main.transform.position

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Bruno85, uistudios and Ericthegreat like this.
  4. Ernestosaurio

Ernestosaurio

Thanks for the fix Irina uk. In my current project some sounds using AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint sounded very low, then I realized that one shoot audio gameobjects now have the Spatial Blend set to 3D.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  5. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat

Thank you very much for those wondering you do it like this:
    AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint(coin, Camera.main.transform.position);

Stoyan377 likes this.
  6. Agent_007

Agent_007

That doesn't work correctly (with correct I mean same as earlier 2D audio) if camera moves after sound has started to play.

7. kristianbauer

kristianbauer

I found another way to resolve this. Edit -> Project Settings -> Audio. Set Volume Rolloff Scale and Doppler Factor to 0.

8. Nifflas

Nifflas

I don't think you should use AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint, this feature should be deprecated as it lacks an argument for a template AudioSource, making the rolloff curves non-customizable and completely arbitrary (which things should never be in a development tool). The easiest solution is if you just set up your own static method replicates the functionality, but lets you pass an actual template AudioSource as an argument, or alternatively references one or multiple templates through a singleton manager. It takes beginner-immediate-ish programming skills, but you'll be happy you did if you realize you need to adjust the spatial blend, or change the rolloff.

9. cansit

cansit

10. Stoyan377

Stoyan377

Thanks a lot! It really works!

11. uistudios

uistudios

yay! thank you... this was driving me crazy for hours.... the sound was soooo quite until i used the camera position.