Search Unity

Unity 5.1 UNetWeaver errors.

Discussion in 'UNet' started by derkoi, Jun 10, 2015.

1. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, I've just upgraded my project to Unity 5.1 and I'm getting the following errors:

Anyone know of a fix? I can't submit a bug report as my project is too big.

2. seanr

seanr

Unity Technologies

This is a bug (701313) caused by UNetWeaver processing Editor scripts when it should not be. The fix for this will be in an upcoming patch release (probably 5.1p2 as 5.1p1 is in 2 days).

3. tobiass

tobiass

@Meceka found a way to work around this bug. Until the patch release, please

4. derkoi

derkoi

5. derkoi

derkoi

@tobiass I don't have Photon in my project. If you look, my error is not a null reference.

6. tobiass

tobiass

@derkoi: Sorry, my fault. I thought it's related but I mixed up topics, apparently.

7. super-cypher

super-cypher

hi
    im getting same errors after upgrading to unity 5.1.0f3 today. No photon in my project either...

UNetWeaver error: Exception :System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt32,System.UInt32].Add (UInt32 key, UInt32 value) [0x0007e] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404
    at Mono.Cecil.MetadataSystem.SetReverseNestedTypeMapping (UInt32 nested, UInt32 declaring) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.AddNestedMapping (UInt32 declaring, UInt32 nested) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.InitializeNestedTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.InitializeTypeDefinitions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.<get_Types>b__8 (Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition _, Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[ModuleDefinition,TypeDefinitionCollection] (Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition item, System.Func`3 read) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.get_Types () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver.Weave (System.String assName, IEnumerable`1 dependencies, System.String unityEngineDLLPath, System.String unityUNetDLLPath, System.String outputDir) [0x00049] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1455
    at Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver.WeaveAssemblies (IEnumerable`1 assemblies, IEnumerable`1 dependencies, System.String outputDir, System.String unityEngineDLLPath, System.String unityUNetDLLPath) [0x00060] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1531
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Log:Error(String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:19)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:WeaveAssemblies(IEnumerable`1, IEnumerable`1, String, String, String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1538)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Program:process(String, String, String, String[], String[], Action`1, Action`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:33)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Serialization.Weaver:WeaveUnetFromEditor(String, String, String, String, Boolean)

Failure generating network code.
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Serialization.Weaver:WeaveUnetFromEditor(String, String, String, String, Boolean)

This happens when i import a package (seems any package) from the asset store, i tried with 'master audio' and 'skele' so far both with same errors. if i delete packages errors go.

any fix for this?

cheers.

8. Arberk

Arberk

Try to remove (rename/move) folder with networking extension (if you don't use this new feature)
    <PathToUnity>\Editor\Data\UnityExtensions\Unity\Networking

Or wait upcoming patch :)

nife and radimoto like this.
  9. radimoto

radimoto

I upgraded to 5.1.1f1 today and still get the following error:

UNetWeaver error: Exception :System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Following @Arberk above (on Mac OS X 10.10.3), I went into Unity.app > Contents > UnityExtensions > Unity and moved the Networking folder onto my Desktop. I now get the following error when Unity starts up:

Exception generating network code: System.Exception: dll could not be located at /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/Networking/UnityEngine.Networking.dll!

All is good though - my project now compiles and I can play the game again. I'm not using UNET yet so happy to just be able to work on this project again. Cheers! :)

10. super-cypher

super-cypher

same here, i upgraded to 5.1.1f1 today but im still getting the errors as well. I also used the above solution and still get the errors, but can now compile my game.

looking forward to the fix for this.

11. derkoi

derkoi

I tried Unity v5.1.1 p1 and completely reimported my project.

I'm getting a new error now but my old one hasn't appeared yet..

If I delete the Networking folder as suggested above I can play my game in the editor but I can't build it. :(

12. Rave-TZ

Rave-TZ

I updated to 5.1.1p2 and just got this error. Stopped my project cold. Anyone have luck?

13. derkoi

derkoi

What I ended up doing was deleting a lot of packages from my project that I wasn't using whilst Unity was closed and reimported everything & the error went away. I have no idea which package was causing the issue.

14. Itchy-Games

Itchy-Games

I'm Using Unity 5.1.21f and de issue still there... any news about it? (it happens on Mac OSX 10.9.5).

15. meat5000

meat5000

5.1.2f1

I take the SyncVar off my List temporarily to help it compile then this happens :

This new version is throwing out lots of errors on things it was perfectly happy with in 5.1.1f1. There's even an error in the error....

"You cannot pass a Compent to a Command".

I fixed the second error by not passing a transform in to my @Command function but grabbed it from a global variable instead.

EDIT: Damned smileys in the quote! Bit annoying.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  16. Anubis75

Anubis75

i had the same problem in 5.1.2f1.
    In My case change a variable from private Text text; to [SyncVar] private Text text;, after change back, the problem was no more exist

PS:
    using System;
    using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.UI;
    using System.Collections;
    using UnityEngine.Networking;

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  17. Chrispins

Chrispins

I am on version 5.3.1f1 and I also have a similar error on my UNet multiplayer enabled game. This error occurs randomly after 5 or so minutes when playing in a matchmaker hosted game, and causes the match to completely timeout.

Error message:
    ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.Networking.Types.NetworkID,UnityEngine.Networking.Types.NetworkAccessToken].Add (NetworkID key, UnityEngine.Networking.Types.NetworkAccessToken value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:453)
    UnityEngine.Networking.Utility.SetAccessTokenForNetwork (NetworkID netId, UnityEngine.Networking.Types.NetworkAccessToken accessToken) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Networking/Managed/UNETTypes.cs:119)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager.OnMatchJoined (UnityEngine.Networking.Match.JoinMatchResponse matchInfo) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkManager.cs:1209)
    UnityEngine.Networking.Match.NetworkMatch+<ProcessMatchResponse>c__Iterator0`1[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.JoinMatchResponse].MoveNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Networking/Managed/MatchMakingClient.cs:302)

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I really hope they are going to address this problem soon!

18. bitbiome_llc

bitbiome_llc

Just moved from 5.2.3f1 to 5.3.1f1 and my project throws the following error in the editor. Can't launch my game and monodevelop shows no errors.

I just installed 5.3.1p3 and still get the same errors.

Update and Solution
    Again, it was my own problem. I was somehow passing a custom argument type for a remote action. Not sure how this didn't throw an error before. If you do happen to have a similar error check your remote action Cmd and Rpc methods for unsupported argument types.

Relevant Documentation
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UNetActions.html

UNetWeaver error: WriteReadFunc for itemRefs [System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.String>/System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.String>]. Cannot have generic parameters.
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Log:Error(String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:20)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:GenerateWriterFunction(TypeReference) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:587)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:GetWriteFunc(TypeReference) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:290)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:WriteArguments(ILProcessor, MethodDefinition, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:136)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:processCommandCall(MethodDefinition, CustomAttribute) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:1074)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:processMethods() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:1297)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:process() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:54)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:processNetworkBehaviourType(TypeDefinition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1074)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:CheckNetworkBehaviour(TypeDefinition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1558)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:Weave(String, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1667)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:WeaveAssemblies(IEnumerable`1, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1757)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Program:process(String, String, String, String[], String[], IAssemblyResolver, Action`1, Action`1) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:34)

UNetWeaver error: WriteArguments for CmdAddPlayerToServer type Character not supported
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Log:Error(String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:20)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:WriteArguments(ILProcessor, MethodDefinition, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:139)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:processCommandCall(MethodDefinition, CustomAttribute) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:1074)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:processMethods() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:1297)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:process() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:54)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:processNetworkBehaviourType(TypeDefinition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1074)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:CheckNetworkBehaviour(TypeDefinition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1558)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:Weave(String, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1667)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:WeaveAssemblies(IEnumerable`1, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1757)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Program:process(String, String, String, String[], String[], IAssemblyResolver, Action`1, Action`1) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:34)

Failure generating network code.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Thoiar likes this.
  19. timothyallan

timothyallan

I'm getting this as well with the new 5.3.1p4 on a brand new project after importing Grids Pro 1.14.2 :S

20. Grislymanor

Grislymanor

I downloaded 5.1.2f1 and it allowed me to not include "networking" libraries in the plug-in I couldn't get to compile and no error! It appears that any version new than 5.1.2 f1 doesn't give you the opportunity to un-select networking. Try it!

21. IndieGa

IndieGa

We had the same error, and it is really a compiler error. We found that if the Assembly-CSharp.dll larger than 1 MB is not possible to read it. That is, when the amount of code that is greater than a threshold, the library is compiled crooked. So now we use this https://bitbucket.org/alexzzzz/unity-c-5.0-and-6.0-integration/overview. Eeverything works fine. I hope this helps someone. Good luck!

22. donmetapod

donmetapod

I did find a really simple solution that works every time, I don't know exactly why this problem happens but it is caused by a script that gets "damage" in some way, in my case I found that a script called UIManager was causing the error (this was the last script I worked on before the error appear) so the only thing I needed to do is create a new script called MyUIManager, copy-paste the contents of UIManager into this script and delete the UIManager script.

I found the issue on unity version 5.3.2 and version 5.3.3.

DmitryDzz likes this.
  23. El_boy

El_boy

I got this error after I added Jean Moreno's Cartoon FX Pack. It asked me it needed to update some scripts and prompted me to make a back up. It worked for a while after the update, then at some point I got this error. Got rid of the assets and it went away. Hope it helps someone.

24. appvillas

appvillas

HEY GUYS !!!! i solved this error by uninstall unity and install again same version. cheeeeeeeeers