Search Unity

Unity 5.1 Input delay when running in editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AngryMuppet, Jun 11, 2015.

1. AngryMuppet

AngryMuppet

Hi,

I've got a project that uses UGUI and takes input to manipulate a model in the scene through mouse and keyboard input. What I'm seeing is when I run in the editor, I can move the mouse cursor around fine but when I move over a GUI item, there is several seconds delay before it is highlighted (and selected if I click on it.) Similarly, there is the a delay on the keyboard input.

There isn't anything spamming in the console and if I build to the target webplayer output, the output build version works fine.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

2. AngryMuppet

AngryMuppet

Ah! I think I've found the issue and it seems to be a bug? If you have 'Virtual reality Supported' ticked in the standalone platform then it causes these issues if you're working in the webplayer platform in editor.

Switching to the standalone settings and unselecting the virtual reality support seemed to solve the input lag when running the webplayer platform in editor for me?

3. Michael-Glen-Montague

Michael-Glen-Montague

I don't have the virtual reality buttons ticked anywhere and it's still lagging in the editor for me. My platform is set to Android.

4. Michael-Glen-Montague

Michael-Glen-Montague

It's fixed now. I just had to install the new patch for the bug fix.

5. hoesterey

hoesterey

New patch did not fix the issue for me. Enabling virtual reality support causes the lag.