Search Unity

Unity 4.6 GUI menu setup without changing scene?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Studio_Akiba, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Studio_Akiba

Studio_Akiba

In the new Unity 4.6 UI, is it possible to switch to another menu on a button click, I tried coding this myself but the new UI doesn’t seem to accept it at all, any help?
    Essentially what I need is a system to switch between UI windows, so from main menu to options when you click the button for example, I have had a little experience before but as a designer, I am not used to coding much.

2. LadyAth

LadyAth

There are better ways, but what I did was make a canvas with two child canvas objects. I added a button on each canvas (along with my other content) and anchored them on the canvas as I wanted the scene to look. What the buttons do is simply to activate or deactivate my panels. It works, but the better way is to play with the alpha levels. The children will inherent the changes. 3DBuzz has released a free part1 series on the new UI which is pretty good and might help you.

3. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Possibly my asset MenuPage would be of interest to you?

Josh-Naylor likes this.
  4. Studio_Akiba

Studio_Akiba

I have watched the video from 3DBuzz a few times, Im not trying to switch scenes, I have graphics running in the background that I don't want to freeze when switching menu items, I am just trying to switch between canvases, like having several menus childed under one main gameobject and switching between them on button clicks.