Search Unity

Unity 4.6 Freeze after launch game test

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Defcon44, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hi !

I have a probleme with my projet, i have download unity 4.6 yesterday but i don't launch the game test and today i want to test my game on " game " windows but Unity save my save and freeze after that !

I see on the task manager " not responding " but on the last version of unity all work's good and i don't are error in the console :s

I have create a new projet and import all asset i have on the other project and all work's good !

Update :

I have make a test and Unity freeze only with the canva on the scene :/

Thanck's

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

(I have no idea what you are asking. Can you explain more carefully?)

3. Defcon44

Defcon44

Yes sorry :)

Infact, every time I have a canvas in my sene I can not enter the test mode in the editor of unity.

4. yoonitee

yoonitee

I get crashes of Unity 4.6 if I leave out references in the inspector window. Maybe you left out some references? For example if you have:

myGameObject.GetComponent<Text>().text = "Hello World";

and don't set myGameObject in the inspector, the first time you run the scene it will crash. (It should normally just say "myGameObject has not been assigned). Unity 4.6 is still a bit unstable like this!

5. Defcon44

Defcon44

Yes but, i deleted nothing in my scene and i have any error on the console :s

6. goat

goat

When you a making a concept test using Unity Tech examples (which work fine in original context); in some cases when there is a null exception reference from a script attached to a game object in the hierarchy Unity will freeze searching for the game object before it returns a null exception.

For example, I have a pirate ship that is just a static model. If I attach it to the AeroJetAI prefab and delete the mesh / colliders for the Jet model you'll get that behavior.

A similar situation is probably the problem you are having but it should be expected I suppose, though not very nice. You'll need to adjust your models or adjust the scripts Unity provides as examples.

If I remember right a null reference in a Canvas acts very similarly. I'm not sure what Unity Engine is searching for before it finally through the exception as I have only Unity Free 4.6

7. yoonitee

yoonitee

Defcon44 submit your project as a bug report if you are able to! It's definitely a bug on Unity's side as it shouldn't be freezing.

I'm hoping they will release a patch to fix these issues before Christmas. Well you can dream...

8. Defcon44

Defcon44

I have send a report bug to unity yesterday :)

9. FerdieQO

FerdieQO

I have been experiencing the same problem since I've been using the release version of Unity 4.6! It completely freezes and won't respond whenever I hit the 'Play' button in the Unity Editor. Like Defcon44 says, it's only when there's a canvas in the hierarchy... This is really bad for a supposed to be stable version! I'll fill in a bug report in a minute, hopefully Unity comes with a fix.
    Btw: I'm working on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 operating sytem, in case that's relevant.

EDIT: For some reason I tried the same thing like eight times (yes, definition of insanity, I know) and since the fifth time pressing the play button and waiting for Unity to freeze.. things started working. Until so far it suddenly works whenever I hit play, so.. thanks for the magic :p

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Defcon44 likes this.