Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 4.5: 2D Colliders + Rotation Change

Discussion in '2D' started by Yukichu, May 30, 2014.

1. cparki3

cparki3

I've been following this thread very closely and honestly I'm still a bit confused. We have a 2-D character that flips. We have a polygon collider on his sword that flips just fine. The issue we are having right now is using a hinge chain made from 3-D physics attached to this same character. Looks amazing when running to the right, but as soon as we flip to the left everything breaks. Is there a method I can call on the hinge joints or rigid bodies that would keep this from happening? Let me know if you need more detail.

2. Pyrian

Pyrian

Can you just not flip the 3D chain? Turn it around 180 degrees and re-attach it instead? Flipping doesn't really make a lot of sense in 3D.

3. cparki3

cparki3

We are using Spine for our animations and basically one of our characters has a light on a strap that bounces around via physics chain. The images themselves are dependent on the chain. Basically this chain is added as children of the graphic part of the character. I initially did have the light separated and that solution you mentioned did work previously, but no dice this time around :/

4. Pyrian

Pyrian

Have you tried double-flipping them? So, flip the parent, then flip the children to unflip them.

The alternative, I'm afraid, is to re-build the chain each time you flip. Scale flips just do not play nice with joint anchors.

5. GuardFromUA

GuardFromUA

It's been 2018 and again this problem is relevant.

chronicseven likes this.
  6. jasondhoward

jasondhoward

In the 2020 1.4f version .. I still noticed this occurring with a 2D sprite, on a 3D @ 90 degree would keep the collider vertical. I switched the sprite to a cube and applied a sprite renderer and removed the mesh. It works, but may not be the best solution.