Search Unity

Unit revenue totally crazy ...

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ababab5, Apr 6, 2015.

1. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

Please see the image attached. I really don't understand.

Thanks Capture d’écran 2015-04-06 à 14.51.02.png Capture d’écran 2015-04-06 à 14.54.00.png

2. HakanOzcan

HakanOzcan

Can you please provide a link of your game for both app store and google play.

3. ababab5

ababab5

tap on your iOS device : http://barouch.fr/moregames
    the most recents have unity ads inside.

(-831% is weird don't you think? ;))
    Thanks

4. HakanOzcan

HakanOzcan

Another unanswered low revenue post...

ababab5 likes this.
  5. ababab5

ababab5

Unfortunately ...

6. Centel

Centel

Actually kind of scared to use Unity Ads now. Ad mob looking way better right now. I mean maybe 90% matters on completed videos, but still have 350k videos started and 2.2 ad request assuming this means impressions means nothing is like really.?.?.?.?.....

7. ababab5

ababab5

I use unity ads just for rewarded video now

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

If you're not satisfied with Unity ads you should try another ad vendor then compare.

9. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Doesn't it bring it back in line with your average? It means you had a very good day the day before, that's all surely? You'd have to compare them to your play stats.

10. ababab5

ababab5

Of course I can. But do you have something for me who have a really easy integration and for the rewarded placement ?

Thanks my friend!

11. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Hi @ababab5

Your eCPM's are quite a bit lower than what we are seeing on average across all games in our network.

Are you using mediation in your game?

Please send your gameId to our support (and link to this forum post), so we can take a closer look.

Cheers,
    Heikki

12. ababab5

ababab5

Hi Heikki,

Thanks for your reply.

I send a couple of times a mail to the support ... no answer.

But .. ok for the eCPM. But what about the volatility ?

Thanks!

13. MadMapp

MadMapp

seems we get a honeymoon period, first 3 months they give great ecpm, after that unity seem to give less, my stats are very similar, i love unity, i found integration the easiest, but i think i may switch to chartboost,
    this made me laugh,from a moderator, basically if we dont like what were getting we can go jump, admins passing us off to supports,support emails taking weeks to get responses if at all, i have completed 225k ads in the last 6 months for less than $3k in rev, averaging just over 1cent for every completed advert, im no expert... but im pretty sure thats crap, mobile advertising there is one winner, and its not the developers, perhaps we should stop making games, the real money is having your own advertising network

HakanOzcan likes this.
  14. goat

goat

Those numbers are mathematics of low volume.

15. MadMapp

MadMapp

compared to the 98% of the market that gets no downloads?still way higher volume than the market average. low volume aside, 1 cent to show and complete a 20-45 second video advert, i still sure thats crap, and for the first month or2 my ecpm was like 12 dollars

16. zombox

zombox

$.01/view is a $10 eCPM, which in the current app market is extremely good....probably higher than the Unity Ads average, in fact. Maybe you just have your hopes set too high for the kind of revenue you expect to receive from ads?

I use Chartboost as well in my mediation, and while their revenue is very good, it's typically no higher than what Unity Ads give you, excluding their Direct Deals.

You need a huge number of users to make lots of money with an app. 225k views in 3 months is not a huge number of users....but $3k for those views is very good money, relatively speaking.

17. MadMapp

MadMapp

at zombox, i was more indicating at how when i first started using unity ads i was hitting 12-20 dollars ecpm with a 50% fill rate, now, my game is not as popular and not hitting the same downloads it was, but its figures are cosistant, almost predictable, but the rev is spuratic and ecpm atm is down to about $5, with a 80%+ fill rate, one day it makes 20 bucks same number of downloads next day makes 2 bucks, next day could double the completed movies and i earn 60cent