Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. PaulKersey

PaulKersey

I get a different error involving sun shafts.
    Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/Editor/UniStormSetupEditor.cs(130,97): error CS1061: Type `SunShafts' does not contain a definition for `sunThreshold' and no extension method `sunThreshold' of type `SunShafts' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    How can I fix this?

2. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Looks like you have the .js version of sunshafts.
    Delete it and replace it with the c# version.

3. knotFF

knotFF

Hello I am getting these two errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable mistFog of UniStormWeatherSystem_C has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the mistFog variable of the UniStormWeatherSystem_C script in the inspector.
    3. UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent[ParticleEmitter] () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineGameObjectBindings.gen.cs:38)
    4. UniStormWeatherSystem_C.GetAllComponents () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable moonLight of UniStormWeatherSystem_C has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the moonLight variable of the UniStormWeatherSystem_C script in the inspector.
    3. UniStormWeatherSystem_C.FadeOutPrecipitation () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:2427)
    4. UniStormWeatherSystem_C.WeatherForecaster () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm
    It seems they appear when I create prefabs for both uFPS+UniStorm and then try to use them in a different scene.
    First the CameraObject gets unassigned for some reason. If I delete the ParticleSystems from the player I can run AutoSetupPlayer again, but the errors continue. This is an image after I ran the Autosetup again:
    https://gyazo.com/9cf3ce50d71fce0e6d05f9fa33b153a5
    And with this all I get is a static sky. Changing the weather does not work, etc, etc

Thanks.
    FF.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  4. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

It seems like your particle effects aren't being properly applied.

Auto Player Setup only works for UniStorm Desktop. If you are using UniStorm Mobile, you will have to manually assign and apply the particle effects to your player and UniStorm. If you are using UniStorm Mobile, the easiest way to do this is to get the UniStorm Mobile prefab and drag the particle effects from the prefab player to your custom player.

Auto Player Setup should do everything automatically for you. However, you can't have any other UniStorm particle effects in your scene. If they are still there from the UniStorm player, delete them and try using Auto Player Setup again.

If you need help, watch the Auto Player Setup tutorial video here:

5. knotFF

knotFF

Hello again.
    If I put all the Components back by hand, it works, on that scene. Now IF I create a new scene and add my UniStorm-Prefab and my uFPS-Prefab, the same errors pops up.
    FYI. I am using the Desktop only.

Here is my process:
    Install uFPS and create my Player with a Weapon Camera;
    Create a prepab of this Player;
    Install UniStorm, CreateWeatherSystem>>Desktop>>C#;
    Run the AutoPlayerSetup for uFPS;
    Create a new prefab of this UniStorm;
    Press Play. All good and working.
    -----
    With the new prefabs created, I create a new Scene the add both Prefabs (say: myPlayer, myUniStorm). Press play.
    Same both errors of Missing Reference Object.
    -----
    This setup system is important, because we are a team of two, working in different continents and while I am dealing with structuring the environment (including the weather system), my partner is working with the Player and so I need to be able to reference the latest Player-prefabs and vice-versa AND since we are using Version Control for our project, I cannot keep changing the player-prefabs neither he with the WeatherSystem.
    -----
    It looks like the only "solution" to maintain the connection between the prefabs is to drag the missing Components between the Prefabs within the Project (and not in the Hierarchy). The problem here, it that when you create the prefabs you loose access to the child objects and therefore I cannot access 2 components to the required fields( the "Weapons-Camera (ufps)" and the "Rain Splash System"), and thus the errors.
    https://gyazo.com/99b63f85c1e3f82405e1d26f5dc0524b
    https://gyazo.com/c437a3245c111e3b49314098a38c17dc

Ideas?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  6. Jacky_Boy

Jacky_Boy

@BHS Is Unistorm compatible with UFPS?

7. shwa

shwa

Hi,
    Using Unity 5.3.2 : OSX

Testing out Unistorm 2.1.4 using this demo scene: Advanced UniStorm UI Control C#:
    I like many of the features and how it looks.

In authoring, clouds are whitish in colour at mid day.

Fixed: 1. When i build an OSX standalone player, they are always black.

Is there a simple fix for this?

Found It:
    http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Solutions_to_Possible_Issues

"When my game is built, and I test the build, my clouds are dark or black
    If your clouds are dark or black, this is because Unity has a setting automatically disables fog which stops UniStorm's clouds to be affected by it, in build mode."

To fix it, go to Edit > Project Settings > Graphics Settings > Fog Modes and set it from Automatic to Manual.

2. Where's the manual or online manual?

Found it: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Home

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  8. shwa

shwa

I'm quite liking Unistorm 2. Lots i plan to experiment with.

Is there built in functionality or an available script so time of day and weather is randomly chosen each time a player enters a scene or goes back to a scene.
    Meaning, during runtime.
    thanks.

9. GamerPET

GamerPET

@BHS
    I want to disable the fog that Unistorm is using. You told me it's using Unity's default. I want to disable it and replace it with a demo of Volumetric Fog. I want to do a 360 render and see if the volumetric fog get's rendered. Where is Unity's fog located so I can disable & replace it with the volumetric fog?

Thank You

10. BHS

BHS

This is because UniStorm needs certain components on Start. If you would like to use prefab players, see our Spawn Player On Start Demo.

Yes, we use it for most of our demo videos.

Glad you found solutions using our UniStorm Wiki Site. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

There isn't a built in function, but it's very easy to do with a custom script.

Here's an example of how to have random weather and time of day on start:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class RandomWeatherOnStart : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     UniStormWeatherSystem_C UniStormSystem;
    8.     void Start ()
    9.     {
    10.         //Get a reference to UniStorm
    11.         UniStormSystem = GameObject.Find("UniStormSystemEditor").GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>();
    12.         StartCoroutine(GenerateWeatherOnStart());
    13.     }
    15.     IEnumerator GenerateWeatherOnStart ()
    16.     {
    17.         //Do a quick delay to allow UniStorm to initialize
    18.         yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.05f);
    20.         //Random Weather
    21.         UniStormSystem.weatherForecaster = Random.Range(1, 14);
    22.         UniStormSystem.InstantWeather();
    24.         //Random Time of day
    25.         UniStormSystem.startTimeMinute = Random.Range(0, 60);
    26.         UniStormSystem.startTimeHour = Random.Range(0, 24);
    27.         UniStormSystem.LoadTime();
    28.     }
    29. }

You can disable UniStorm from using Unity's fog by going to Fog Options and unchecking Auto Enable Fog. You will also have to open up the UniStormWeatherSystem script and find the line below located in the Start function and modify it.

Change this line from this:
    RenderSettings.fog = true;

To this:
    //RenderSettings.fog = true;

For some reason fog is automatically enabled regardless of the setting in the Editor so you will need to do this to fully disable it. We will be sure to fix this with the next update.

11. tequyla

tequyla

hi,

is possible to write a plugin for gaia ?

+++

12. Barry100

Barry100

13. Barry100

Barry100

dude you are a star ;)

14. Barry100

Barry100

realStartTime dosnt exist? This is in your tutorial on how to set time using photon. Can you tell me what float or variable to set so I can send the time from the masterclient

15. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Any word on the no clouds problem?

16. BHS

BHS

UniStorm works with Gaia as it is just a terrain plugin.

What exactly do you want to do with UniStorm and Gaia?

We have updated UniStorm since that was on the UniStorm Wiki. Below is how you can get Photon working with UniStorm.

The script below has 1 player run everything as a master client which then sends the weather and time data to other clients when the weather changes/time is updated. If the master client is disconnected, the master client status is passed on to another player to act as the master client. As long as players don't have access to the Time and Weather changing tools, the time or weather can not be altered by anyone other UniStorm itself changing the weather and having the time flow. This can be handled differently, but it's a very nice starting point for those who need help with UniStorm and Photon.

Code (CSharp):
    1. //Black Horizon Studios
    2. //Photon Example
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. public class UniStormNetworkSync : Photon.MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    6.     public GameObject UniStormObject;
    7.     public UniStormWeatherSystem_C UniStormSystem;
    8.     public PhotonView thisPhotonView;
    9.     void Start ()
    10.     {
    11.         UniStormObject = GameObject.Find ("UniStormSystemEditor");
    12.         UniStormSystem = UniStormObject.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>();
    13.         thisPhotonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>();
    14.     }
    15.     void Update()
    16.     {
    17.         if (PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient)
    18.         {
    19.             this.thisPhotonView.RPC ("ChangeWeather", PhotonTargets.All, UniStormSystem.weatherForecaster, UniStormSystem.startTime, UniStormSystem.minuteCounter, UniStormSystem.dayCounter, UniStormSystem.monthCounter);
    20.         }
    21.     }
    22.     [PunRPC]
    23.     public void ChangeWeather(int weatherType, float mytime, int minute, int day, float month)
    24.     {
    25.         if (!PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient)
    26.         {
    27.             UniStormSystem.weatherForecaster = weatherType;
    28.             UniStormSystem.startTime = mytime;
    29.             UniStormSystem.minuteCounter = minute;
    30.             UniStormSystem.dayCounter = day;
    31.             UniStormSystem.monthCounter = month;
    32.         }
    33.     }
    35.     public void OnPhotonPlayerConnected()
    36.     {
    37.         this.thisPhotonView.RPC("ChangeWeather", PhotonTargets.All, UniStormSystem.weatherForecaster,UniStormSystem.startTime, UniStormSystem.minuteCounter, UniStormSystem.dayCounter, UniStormSystem.monthCounter);
    38.     }
    39. }

We have tested UniStorm with Unity 5.3.3 and our clouds are working fine.

Try opening the UniStorm Dynamic Light Clouds shader.

Find the line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #pragma target 4.0
    And change it to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #pragma target 3.0
    Save it and let us know if it allows you to see your clouds.

17. shwa

shwa

Cloud lighting.
    I found the color options area and clouds choices.

Is there a way to fine tune the results and get more dramatic and realistic looking sunrises and sunsets?

If not, will the new version with the new approach to clouds address this?

I remember a much older version of unistorm got some very dramatic results with clouds.

How do i make the daytime sky a darker blue and more contrasty?

How do i replace the rain splashes with older unistorm splashes or those from another packages?

Is there a manual on the wiki site?

Thanks!

18. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

The Original UniStorm thread is working again! It's nice to see Unity has gone back to the old forum system.

GamerPET likes this.
  19. BHS

BHS

1) With UniStorm 2.2, cloud will be more dramatic. As of right now, you can adjust the colors of the clouds.

2) Go to Atmosphere Options and adjust the Sky Tint color for day.

3) Go to Object Options and replace the Splash gameobject with your own custom one.

4) Yes.
    UniStorm Wiki: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/UniStorm_Weather_System_Wiki
    UniStorm Documentation: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Documentation

20. BHS

BHS

We're still working on UniStorm 2.2 and trying to get it submitted asap.

We have posted pictures of the improved non-precipitation clouds for UniStorm 2.2, but not the improved storm clouds. Below are some screenshots of the improved storm clouds we've been working on. They are more dramatic than they were previously.
    StormCloudImprovements1.png
    StormCloudImprovements2.png

Sonnenspeer and Arganth like this.
  21. riquid

riquid

If I wanted my player to be able to go to sleep anytime they wanted and sleep for a number of hours that they define, how would I go about fast forwarding unistorm time to accomplish that?

22. BHS

BHS

The variables you're looking for are dayLength and nightLength. A value of 0.1 works well. After the rest time has been reached, you would then set the lengths back to the default values you were using.

Calling InstantWeather is nice too because it allows generated weather to fade in instantly while the player is resting. This helps with immersion making the player feel as if a storm rolled in overnight if one is generated. Normally there would be a fading in transition, but the InstantWeather function bypasses it.

Code (CSharp):
    1. UniStormSystem.dayLength = 0.1f;
    2. UniStormSystem.nightLength = 0.1f;
    3. UniStormSystem.InstantWeather();

23. shwa

shwa

Re: the new clouds.

Would be helpful to be able to choose between the current clouds we use now and/or the new clouds coming in the next release. Is this how the new update will work?

thanks.

24. BHS

BHS

We're not entirely sure on this. We may have an option for users to pick between the two.

25. BHS

BHS

We're finished with UniStorm 2.2's updated cloud shader. Here's some screenshots of the new and much improved clouds. The UniStorm 2.2 is almost done!

bandicam 2016-07-19 09-43-55-899.png
    bandicam 2016-07-19 10-20-24-273.png
    bandicam 2016-07-19 10-07-47-817.png
    bandicam 2016-07-19 10-02-39-064.png
    bandicam 2016-07-19 10-01-25-364.png

26. buronix

buronix

Hi,
    I would like to know if 2.2 version will have better "fadeIn" and "fadeOut" weather conditions, right now, if one player runs at 30 fps and other at 90 fps, the weather will fade three time faster for the 90 fps player.

Also I would like to know if we will can control how fast the weather change, and if the rain/snow/wind system will be improved, to control their intensity in a measurable way (like 0. - 1 float value).

I would like to use UniStorm in my project but right now use it in a server is not feasible, and try to use it with third party component is very hard to implement, most part of the code is hard coded and nearly imposible to follow up with it.

Im using C# version, from my point of view is the weakest and bigger reason to not use it in a real game, right now its fine for something like a demo, or to use it in a personal project but there is no way someone can use it a real game without rewriting most part of the scripting.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  27. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Yes, UniStorm 2.2 will have better fade in control for things like weather, precipitation, light, wind, etc all with separate sliders and control. It will all be adjustable via the UniStorm Editor. See our post here (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/un...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-79#post-2674475) for the details regarding our 2.2 update.

I'm not sure why fade in values would be different for other players. We haven't experienced this during our tests. This is the first time I've heard of it, but it can be looked into.

Intensity control is already something that is implemented with the current version of UniStorm. It can be found under Precipitation Options.

What needs to be rewritten? UniStorm offers so much flexibility that anything is possible with it. All of our demos we have made over the years have required 0 modifications to the actual UniStorm script. Everything is handled through custom scripts we have written for it. UniStorm has been used in quite a few games on Steam and other Unity games/projects.

We will be releasing a new demo video sometime today, or tomorrow, demonstrating UniStorm being used in a survival video game demo that we have made. This demo shows everything that's possible with UniStorm and other 3rd party assets without any modification to the UniStorm script itself. This includes a resting system (allowing players to rest until morning, but only between the hours of 18:00 and 6:00), visual UI (for displaying UniStorm variables like weather, time, date, temperature, etc), a rain collection system for hydrating the player (this only happens during precipitation weather types and the water level is increased every UniStorm hour), and so much more. This is how we are able to include so many demos with UniStorm because so much is possible with it.

If you need any help with a custom system with UniStorm, just ask. If you want an example of UniStorm being used with online games, see the example script below.

Code (CSharp):
    1. //Black Horizon Studios
    2. //Photon Example
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. public class UniStormNetworkSync : Photon.MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    6.     public GameObject UniStormObject;
    7.     public UniStormWeatherSystem_C UniStormSystem;
    8.     public PhotonView thisPhotonView;
    9.     void Start ()
    10.     {
    11.         UniStormObject = GameObject.Find ("UniStormSystemEditor");
    12.         UniStormSystem = UniStormObject.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>();
    13.         thisPhotonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>();
    14.     }
    15.     void Update()
    16.     {
    17.         if (PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient)
    18.         {
    19.             this.thisPhotonView.RPC ("ChangeWeather", PhotonTargets.All, UniStormSystem.weatherForecaster, UniStormSystem.startTime, UniStormSystem.minuteCounter, UniStormSystem.dayCounter, UniStormSystem.monthCounter);
    20.         }
    21.     }
    22.     [PunRPC]
    23.     public void ChangeWeather(int weatherType, float mytime, int minute, int day, float month)
    24.     {
    25.         if (!PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient)
    26.         {
    27.             UniStormSystem.weatherForecaster = weatherType;
    28.             UniStormSystem.startTime = mytime;
    29.             UniStormSystem.minuteCounter = minute;
    30.             UniStormSystem.dayCounter = day;
    31.             UniStormSystem.monthCounter = month;
    32.         }
    33.     }
    35.     public void OnPhotonPlayerConnected()
    36.     {
    37.         this.thisPhotonView.RPC("ChangeWeather", PhotonTargets.All, UniStormSystem.weatherForecaster,UniStormSystem.startTime, UniStormSystem.minuteCounter, UniStormSystem.dayCounter, UniStormSystem.monthCounter);
    38.     }
    39. }

Sonnenspeer likes this.
  28. buronix

buronix

Hi,
    Thanks for your response.
    First of all, that script synchronize time and weather each update, not even the temperature, the random temperature changes, the random rain/fog/snow intensity, and it will still try to calculate random weather so its possible to random fade in - fade out weather changes will happen.

fade in and fade out values will change because the amount of changes are hard coded and not calculated by time, only for each update call (more fps = more update calls), the values of the intensity of the rain are for the particles system, they are not defined by other logic, so there is possible a value of 3000 or 1500 depends of the type of rain.

About not changes needed, I have the code in front of me, most of the changes of weather and calculations are hard coded, I´m not sure if the code is clear for you, for me is a mess, its impossible to follow up, its not organized at all, lot of code is redundant, some checks are repeated several times instead of single one, as example, In my demo for Unistorm, I ended rewriting the entire sound system, because it was madness only trying to edit small parts of the code.

Really I don´t want to be an asshole but me and some partners first time we had a look to the code we were laughing really mad about some parts (the hard coded, hour of days part was very hard to hold myself), I will not post the code of the basic script here of course (Even I know its impossible to anyone to replicate the asset only with that), but the code can be reduced to 1/4 part of the actual length, and with real comments in it. (there is a lot of parts of the code commented by the way).

Are there any way to measure the rain/snow amount? the wind strenght? Do you try UniStorm with several terrains?

I can understand that you think you will improve the code in time, but I cant believe that you really think that the script is fine and doesn't need to be rewrited, cause I have it in front of me right now.

Sorry if I sound hard on this, but really, one thing its about marketing to sell the asset to new customer, but I bought the asset, you don´t need to sell it anymore.

Note* about synchronization, if you want to synchronize between server and client, try to use a seed system with, for example, coherent noise functions instead random functions (Unity by default brings you perlin noise, you can try it), so there is no need to try to send an update between server and client each update to ensure they have the same values.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  29. BHS

BHS

UniStorm isn't built for the sole purpose of being used online. However, it can be implemented with external scripts as we've posted above. The script above may be optimized, but it's an example of how to get started.

As for the random rain, this is because you have Random Rain selected. UniStorm generates random values within the maximum allowed rain to have more variation with each storm. If you wanted consistent values, you would uncheck Random Rain.

Like we have previously stated, quite a few times, UniStorm is currently being rewritten and this is an on-going process. We need to balance new features and improvements with rewritten and more optimized code. With UniStorm 2.2, we will no longer have hard coded values. We get this and are making the necessary changes to improve the system and overall functionality. We've also taken the feedback that the UniStorm script is a little lengthy and are making the necessary changes to trim it down.

You're entitled to your opinion of our system, either you're going to use it or you're not. Most of the issues you've stated are fixed with UniStorm 2.2. Also, UniStorm's thread is meant for support and constructive criticism, so lets keep it that way. However, we do appreciate the feedback you have given us. Improved code has been an on-going process with the 2.2 update.

30. Sphelps

Sphelps

Unistorm is amazing, don't let anyone tell you any different!

31. shwa

shwa

Clouds are looking good, BHS.
    Will Uni2.2 work in Unity 5.3.2?

32. joejr

joejr

Love the asset. been working with it for some time now. Keep up the great work. I am looking forward to the next version. the clouds look wonderful. In the future are there any plans for things like tornados? would love to mess some stuff up ;).

Sphelps likes this.
  33. BHS

BHS

Thanks!

Great to hear you like the improved clouds. Yes, it should. We have been developing UniStorm 2.2 in Unity 5.3.3 so there shouldn't be any issues.

Thank you! Yes, after UniStorm 2.2, we would like to add a tornado weather type. It could add to some vary interesting game mechanics.

34. shwa

shwa

Tornados... good.

35. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update on UniStorm 2.2's.

First off, many portions of UniStorm 2.2's code has been rewritten and optimized. We also went through the code and renamed some variables that needed to be change.

UniStorm 2.2's updated clouds are one of the greatest new additions to UniStorm. We haven't talked a ton in detail regarding the new clouds during our development as we weren't entirely sure the direction we wanted to take. We feel our end result has greatly improved UniStorm's clouds. Not only do our clouds use half the tris count than they do with the current version, but they are also far more dense and realistic looking.

UniStorm 2.2 also features a new cloud generating algorithm that generates new cloud patterns with each weather change that has increased cloud coverage. This allows every mostly clear, partly cloudy, and mostly cloudy weather types to be different every time while still dynamically flowing as they did previously. We have also revamped the mostly cloudy weather type to more acutely resemble mostly cloudy clouds.

As you can see, each newly generated weather type is different than the last.
    bandicam 2016-07-22 14-11-30-375.png

bandicam 2016-07-22 14-12-46-800.png

bandicam 2016-07-22 14-11-20-569.png

SureSight likes this.
  36. Studio_Akiba

Studio_Akiba

@BHS I'm using 2.1.4 (PC) and just noticed that around hour 20 the skybox suddenly lights up (when the moon is out and it should be dark).

This is easier to see when the lay and night lengths are at 1, I don't think I have changed anything.

Is there something I have accidentally set?

37. BHS

BHS

This is because you need to setup your scene's lighting in the Environmental Lighting options.

The guide is covered here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...My_Sky_gets_bright_.28and_or_blue.29_at_night

38. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I just signed on for the first time in months to ask this question. Would definitely look forward to this.

Tornadoes, hurricanes, maybe even blizzards (with lots and lots of snow buildup)? I would like to see more intense forms of weather make their way into UniStorm.

39. joejr

joejr

That's awesome! will look forward to seeing tornado's in the future. Quick question please. I had the same issue as Labyrith-Studios and your link solved that nicely. I was wondering however, in my night scene I still have good visibility. In your example above, yours looks good with the darker terrain and what seems like limited visibility. Do you have an idea of what I should be checking?
    BTW. I have been using your plant grow system in my project. very handy!. It is a great add on feature.
    Thanks for your support.

40. arnesso

arnesso

I cannot wait for the new Unistorm :) it looks out much better !
    Will we be able to change the night sky (or day sky) to look like an alien planet so there will be some other planet on the sky ? What should we do to achieve this ? ( skyboy or any idea ?)
    Cheers!

41. BHS

BHS

We plan on adding more intense weather types to UniStorm after the 2.2 update. Suggestions for new types are welcome.

You need to adjust the ambient intensity to a lower value. With UniStorm 2.2, there will be an option to adjust the ambient intensity via the Editor. Until then, you will have to go into the Lighting Options to adjust it. Darkening the ambient color and fog will also help.

Great to hear the plant growth system has been helpful!

Thanks!

UniStorm 2.2 calculates the position of the moon on start, which make things easier. You could possibly add another celestial body to this using the same method as we did. Maybe with the update after 2.2, we can add the option to add one through the Editor.

arnesso likes this.
  42. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Alright, you asked for it! :p

The idea of liquid water precipitation in such storms as a hurricane or flash flood seem interesting to me, in a way to make weather more dynamic...from what I understand, however, liquid water accumulation isn't really part of Unistorm. It might have to be created in tandem with some other "standard" water system.

Additionally, about dynamic snow. I know it can accumulate on GameObjects, but does it have actual "presence" in the world? If it builds up for 5 hours and I go to walk on it, will I clip through all of it or stand on top of it? As I understand it's just a visual effect right now. Additionally, when it melts, does it just disappear? It would be nice if it turned to liquid, but again that seems a step beyond the intended direction for UniStorm.

Regarding standing on top of it, it would be nice if you COULD stand on top of it--with something like snowshoes. Again, though, this is moving away from actual storms and in a different direction.

Moving to clouds, I feel like I may have asked you this before--are you planning to add cumulus clouds to UniStorm? As far as I understand US mainly uses cirrus, and maybe a few stratus. I personally think cumulus and its derivatives look amazing, and I'd love to see them in US (you may have already added them, but I haven't had the chance to check recently).

I try not to do this, but this is just too cool:

I would love to see something like this.

Additionally, I came across something REALLY interesting a few days ago: Morning Glory (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Glory_cloud). Would be cool to have something like that in there, with a very very low chance of occurring.

And with the "normal" clouds, it would be neat if the type that one gets was in some way dictated by the environment or atmosphere. For instance, from Wikipedia on cumulus clouds:

Cumulus clouds are often precursors of other types of cloud, such as cumulonimbus, when influenced by weather factors such as instability, moisture, and temperature gradient. Normally, cumulus clouds produce little or no precipitation, but they can grow into the precipitation-bearing congestus or cumulonimbus clouds. Cumulus clouds can be formed from water vapor, supercooled water droplets, or ice crystals, depending upon the ambient temperature.

This, however, kind of gets into my water table idea, and once again seems like an extension outside of what UniStorm is going for.

43. Studio_Akiba

Studio_Akiba

@BHS In the editor everything looks fine, but when I build my game the clouds are black, they should e a light grey but they don't seem to be affected by the light properly.

Have you seen this before, or know what it is?

44. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the suggestions.

Like you've mentioned, some of what you suggested is a little beyond the purpose of UniStorm. However, there are plenty of solutions to do what you want using other assets from the Asset Store. They can easily be integrated with UniStorm.

We have added new variables for tracking the current rain amount for creating custom scripts and gameplay.

We will certainly look into other types of cloud types for UniStorm.

For some reason, by default, Unity disables fog for builds and the clouds use some of the fog for their color. You can enable it by following this quick tutorial.

http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...test_the_build.2C_my_clouds_are_dark_or_black

45. jrock84

jrock84

First of all, great asset! I've very much enjoyed using it and getting it implemented. I've come back to it recently after a bit of a hiatus. So, quick background. I am instantiating my player at runtime. I have the Get UniStorm components script attached to the player. I also have Sun Shaft Position attached to the camera. In my old project, this worked fine and it was able to pull in the two variables. With the latest update, it does not. I tracked it down to the fact that there is no longer a Sun>SunGlow in the Unistorm prefab. The script is unable to find it and in fact doesn't exist in the hierarchy. Unless I'm just completely missing something! Anyway, this is kind of broken at this point. What can I do to get around this? Obviously, if the script can't find the sun, it's never going to work properly. Thanks for your time.

46. Alex3333

Alex3333

I have the same problem!!

47. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

It sounds like your GetUniStormComponents script was never updated. The Sun Shafts and sun position is now handled on the start of the UniStormWeatherSystem script. So, you don't even have to worry about the Sun Shafts. The newer version of GetUniStormComponents shouldn't be looking for the sun transform. If the camera object is applied with a Sun Shafts image effect, UniStorm will automatically apply the Sun transform to it, even if you are instantiating it on Awake.

48. jrock84

jrock84

Well, here's the root of the problem I'm running into. When instantiated, it gives me an error about the variable moonLight not being assigned, even though it clearly is. When the same player prefab is added to the scene, it works perfectly. Any insight? This is a new project with the latest version of UniStorm.

49. jrock84

jrock84

Any ideas? I've run fresh out. I've removed the sun shafts position script as of yesterday and all I have is the Get Unistorm Components on the character. The camera object does have the sunshafts effect on it.

50. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

Helloo,

Unistorm 2.1.4 - is good work for solo UFPS - why in spawn UFPS Multiplayer rain does not disappear ?, I need put wepons camera

Camera weapon UFPS is not possible add in camera object in project for spawn in multiplayer UFPS - help me please

I have setup player yes is good, but i need fix for multiplayer, for fix that i need just put weponscamera UFPS but how put weponscamera ;((((((((((((((

help me please

Amazing this assets,

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016