Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Studio_Akiba

Studio_Akiba

I have set the rain intensity to 5000 (heavy rain), but cannot find anything with the names Fade or Generation in the script.

2. Jaqal

Jaqal

Does Unistorm not use the sun parameter in the procedural skybox? When changing the slider in the unistorm editor that sun does not change?

Also when using full deferred in unity5 why does the fog not work correctly? If the slider is changed to be close to the player it does not work unless you manually change the global fog script in the player camera?

3. EDarkness

EDarkness

I hate to hark on this time thing, but it's really not working right. I have a suggestion for your time of day vs night and day length.

You should make the overall day one variable instead of dividing it between night and day. Then you can make the "day" how many hours in a a full day...the rest will be night. So if you say that "day" will be 14 hours, then the other 10 hours will be night.

Anyway, my days are all messed up and not progressing at the right speed. I take a day which should be 360 real minutes and divide that in half so 180 day and 180 night, but for some reason the day and night speed is way too fast. By 1:30pm it's already getting dark and that's not right. Not sure what's going on, but perhaps you can look into it. When I check Unistorm while it's running, the day length and night length are right at 180 for each. However, the speed of the sun and the day overall is way too fast.

4. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Hmm. Is there a way to find out which version of Unistorm we have installed?

Because I don't have the night length, so I must have the version before 1.8.4, but I have no idea how I would check that.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  5. BHS

BHS

I'll have to check the UniStorm script for the variable names, but if you check the FadeInWeather() function you should see all the variables that need to be faded in to have the weather work. I can post them later when I get a chance.

We switched to our own custom sun due to there being a Unity3d bug when using the Procedural Skybox shader with the Sunshafts. It looks better and can properly align with the sun's position. Our custom sun is in the same position as the procedural sun's.

With UniStorm 1.8.5, we have redone the time system and you can now have perfect starting time.

The time is exactly how it was before they were separate, but are split into 2 variables. This was a highly requested feature. So, having 180 for day and 180 for night, it should be working as having 1 variable set to 360.

If you set the speed to a slower amount, it should keep that value. Make sure you have the time it starts using the day and night lengths set correctly.

I'm not sure why your night is starting at 1:30pm, have you modified the UniStorm script at all? I can't see how else this would happen.

At the top of the script it should have which version you are using. Also, the Asset Store should tell you if you are using the current version. If not, it will tell you to update.

6. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Alright, thanks.

Any chance Unistorm will have thick, cumulus clouds ever? I love how they look and it would be cool to see them in the asset/Unity.

rubenijpelaar likes this.
  7. BHS

BHS

We plan on adding to UniStorm's clouds and cumulus clouds sounds like a great way to go. We will add it to our list of to come features.

8. EDarkness

EDarkness

I've only done one modification to Unistorm and that's to make sure the ambient light doesn't get adjusted whenever inside a building.

One thing, I'm still using the time adjustment code you posted a couple of months ago since I didn't know what was the best way to force Unistorm to start at the time I wanted to. I remember you saying that this code would be added to Unistorm at some point, but I didn't know how to access it. This may be causing some overlap and creating some problems, even though the system seems to be in the right state after I run the code. I mean, the day and night lengths are in the right place and the current time seems to be working fine. The only thing wrong is the minutes, but I'm okay with that since it won't affect things too much.

If I'm not supposed to use that code, then what is the best way to set the time from code? Honestly, I don't think this is the problem, but it's worth investigating anyway.

9. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Neat.

Right now I've just put the weather forecaster into my HUD, so the player can see both the time, taken from Unistorm, and the weather, taken from Unistorm. Eventually they'll be used for other things like the growing of plants, but I have a question about weather:

On your code references page (http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Code_References#Weather), weather forecaster in particular, you describe each weather type. You call type 2 "Light Rain" or "Light Snow," and type 3 "Thunderstorm" or "Snowstorm." However, you also have a category for "Heavy Rain." Is snow not used here?

For my game purposes I called type 2 "Light Precipitation," but I'm unsure if type 12 should be "Heavy Precipitation" or just "Heavy Rain" (Quicktime Events optional :p). If it's ONLY rain, is there a consideration for heavy snow (unrelated to storm effects)?

10. Jaqal

Jaqal

I actually think Unitys sun looks better. It is really bright like looking at a real sun instead of a circle. Also it shows up in the standard shader reflections. Is there a way to use unitys default sun and still use sunshafts.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  11. BHS

BHS

That's awesome, sounds cool. Feel free to post some screen shots here of your progress and implementation with UniStorm.

Light Rain and Light Snow are the same weather type, but snow will only happen if it's 32° Fahrenheit or below (0° Celsius or below). The same goes for Heavy Rain and Heavy Snow.

We will bring it back for those who want to use it. I'm sure we can find a work around to have the Unity sun work the with the sun shafts.

12. TDH_DrThirteen

TDH_DrThirteen

Volumetric clouds would be an amazing feature for sure.

13. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Well, if you insist.;)

Here I Begin 2015-06-02 21-42-02-20.jpg

It's nothing impressive yet, visually anyway (outside of that gorgeous skybox!:p). But I've got both the time and the weather...

...and I got the water amount working, as can be seen in the third line there. That took me a while I'll admit--I had to come up with a counter (since I'm a horrible n00b, I've forgotten how to make a proper health bar--that one there is static right now--but I imagine a "water bar" along the same lines would be more useful that what I have now).

Eventually I came up with taking a float and setting it equal to itself plus a factor based on weather (light rain is 4, heavy rain is 8, no rain is 0, etc.), and all this minus a simple factor based on time to emulate a gradual "drying out" process. I haven't gotten the assets yet, really (I'm no artist unfortunately), but I'll be able to take this value and apply it towards the growth of a plant in some way, perhaps by making the plant's "nourishment" or the amount of "health" it gives based on this. it would also be nice to have the plant dry out and die if the water amount gets too low. But anyway, that's what I got so far!

Unrelated: I'm having an issue where sometimes in the middle of a "precipitation event" the ground is turning all a very bright white. Clearly a bug of some sort, but I have no idea what is causing it. Is there any history of this with UniStorm?

Here I Begin 2015-06-02 22-01-40-47.jpg

14. TechCor

TechCor

Sorry, but I'm going to have to be the bad guy here. Unistorm, while looking pretty good on the exterior, is in turmoil underneath the hood.

I'm trying to translate the unistorm time into a user displayable time, but I'm finding tons of public variables all over the place. In fact, the whole thing seems convoluted. Why are there 24 public bool "Hour" member variables? What is a minute counter? timerNew? random and random2? isFalse.....seriously?

When you are writing an interface for developers you should be writing with clarity and precision. I can't figure out why there are at least 2 dozen timer member variables, 90% of which are public. And let's not talk about the multiple subsystems that are crammed into a single file.

1. When you find yourself copy and pasting code more than once, you should immediately think what you could do to avoid it.
    2. If you find yourself adding a new system/feature to an existing file, you should think about whether it should really be a separate file (composition).
    3. Encapsulate your code, make it fool-proof. I'm pretty sure I don't need access to isFalse, nor would I know what it would do if I changed it. Intellisense should make sense.
    4. Functions are your friends. They take inputs and give outputs, which make it easy to understand what a piece of code does and reduce copy-paste.

4000 lines is a bit heavy for a single script, don't you think?

I honestly think if the code was better designed it would probably be easier to extend, maintain and use for both 1st and 3rd parties.

15. BHS

BHS

Sounds very cool and it's looking good.

As for your terrain issue, I've never seen that before and I don't think it's UniStorm related.

Are you using a terrain plugin?

We appreciate the feedback and we would be happy to explain and clarify what we have planned for UniStorm.

For starters, we have been doing a complete code rewrite since version 1.8.4, our last version. This is an on going process. With UniStorm 1.8.5, our next version, we are also doing more code rewriting. A lot of the extra stuff you see, code wise, will be fixed with UniStorm 1.8.5.

The time system, as you have mentioned, needed some rework as well. That's why, with UniStorm 1.8.5, we have completely rewritten it. With UniStorm 1.8.5, you will be able to set the exact start time both by the minute and by the hour. We currently have an update for this via PM for those who need it sooner.

Somewhat, and with UniStorm 1.8.4 and removed nearly 3,000 lines of code. All weather now consists of 2 functions. We will do the same with UniStorm 1.8.5 and do more code cleanup.

We have a lot of new and exciting features coming with UniStorm 1.8.5. We will post them here when we get our release notes ready.

16. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I'm using TerrainComposer, though TC uses Unity terrains so I don't know that it's any different.

The strange thing is I've only ever noticed it when it's raining or snowing with Unistorm. it's entirely possible it happens at other times, I just haven't seen it. I'll take a look over other stuff to see if it's related to something else.

17. BHS

BHS

Alright. Let us know if you find anything.

Do you receive any errors when it happens? Do you have enough pixel light counts in your quality settings?

18. bpatton00

bpatton00

Revising a previous post. I just purchased the UniStorm package and upon importing it had a number of problems, originally all relating to the height and globalfog. (We are using a fully licensed version of Unity5 Pro) The troubleshooter mentions needing to re-import the assets, did that to no luck. It also mentions needing to use the CS script rather than the JS. The problem is that there is only a JS version inside the PRO effects (raises a number of questions). I have removed the JS version from PRO and this originally cleared up some errors, now I am seeing more regarding needing to upgrade the code to the new standards. I will be doing that now but I'm going to guess that more errors are coming. Could you provide an update on how to get a proper integration from the Asset Store in Unity 5 Pro?

Update - While I was able to get it to run I'm still getting various errors. Also, I cannot seem to remove or adjust the heavy fog layer that seems to get applied to the scene no matter what I do. It is not related to the globalfog file as I disabled it and got the same result. Ugh.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  19. BHS

BHS

If it's related to the Global Fog Height, you need to make sure you are using the newest version of Image Effects. These are for Unity 5 and are all in C#. Unity makes things tricky when having multiple versions of Image Effects. I don't even think we submitted UniStorm 1.8.4 with the older versions of Image Effects. So, I'm not sure how they are there.

Unity makes the Global Fog Image Effect private, for some reason. I think it's a bug as they have every other image effect public. This can be fixed by making the simple change to the Global Fog script and making it public. The fix takes 30 seconds and can be found here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...sing_directive_or_an_assembly_reference.3F.29

With our new version we have a custom Global Fog script to bypass this Unity issue. Sorry for any inconveniences.

20. BHS

BHS

What are the errors you're seeing. We need to know so we can help you out.

The reason you're seeing fog is because the default setting in UniStorm is to have Auto Enable Fog checked. Uncheck it and it will stop UniStorm from using fog automatically.

21. bpatton00

bpatton00

Ok so there's a still a couple things going on, I'm working my way through the problem one at a time it seems.

1) When trying to use the C# prefab it is blowing up. I can get it to run (with the fog, disabling it does no good) and I'm getting:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.FadeOutPrecipitation () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:3177)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.WeatherForecaster () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:2303)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.Update () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1220)

So I figured, let's see if we can get the JS module to work, which seems to run a bit better anyway. I have that configured and working perfect. What I am unable to do is access the editor at runtime in any shape or fashion. It appears the JS file no longer includes a class of any type and therefore no publicly accessible methods from which to change the weather type and / or specify time.

I put together a quick little JS file to try and set it up (we read the data in from an XML)
    var UniStormWeatherScript : GameObject;
    UniStormWeatherScript = GameObject.Find("UniStormSystemEditor");
    switch (race_weather) {
    case 1:
    UniStormWeatherScript.GetComponent(UniStormWeatherSystem_JS).weatherForecaster = 7;
    break;
    case 2:
    UniStormWeatherScript.GetComponent(UniStormWeatherSystem_JS).weatherForecaster = 4;
    break;
    case 3:
    UniStormWeatherScript.GetComponent(UniStormWeatherSystem_JS).weatherForecaster = 2;
    break;
    case 4:
    UniStormWeatherScript.GetComponent(UniStormWeatherSystem_JS).weatherForecaster = 3;
    break;
    }

In theory this should work but as the UniStormWeatherSystem_JS is not a class (for some reason) it will fail when trying to get that component.

Oi, I'm sure we will get the integration is anything but smooth in 5.0

Just to confirm I attempted to use one of the example scripts and it's giving me the same nullreference error in the JS demo scene.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  22. BHS

BHS

It sounds like you are missing components that UniStorm needs to run. This happens when you don't setup your camera and other components correctly with UniStorm.

Firstly, test the Demo scene that we have supplied. If it works, then there's no issue on our end. It's most likely due to you forgetting to assign something within the UniStorm Editor. (I'm assuming you're using your own player object).

Make sure that you are not missing any objects in the Objects part of the UniStorm Editor. If UniStorm has all the needed components, which it should if you use am unaltered prefab or test the demo scene, it will work flawlessly.

The example scripts we use are tricky because something as simple as a variable name change can through an error, when using example scripts. Which one are you using?

23. bpatton00

bpatton00

Regarding the c# prefab I am simply using the UniStorm menu to create the prefab and running it and it is failing to work, not sure how exactly that could related to anything other than an import or code error.

But for now let's focus on how I can get the JS version to work as it is functioning with the exception of being unable to call it from a JS file so that I can give it parameters. I won't paste your code here but the unistormweathersystem_js file has no class attribute and so would only be able to be changed via the gui config, do you have a fix for this?

24. BHS

BHS

You can access UniStorm by accessing it as a GameObject. You then get the script with a GetComponent and store it as a script. You can then reference this at anytime.

For a list of all the variables, see our code reference page:
    http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Code_References

Code (JavaScript):
    1. var currentHour : int;
    2. var UniStorm : GameObject;
    3. var UniStormComponent : UniStormWeatherSystem_JS;
    5. function Start ()
    6. {
    8.         UniStorm = GameObject.Find("UniStormSystemEditor");
    9.         UniStormComponent = UniStorm.GetComponent(UniStormWeatherSystem_JS);
    11. }
    13. function Update ()
    14. {
    15.       currentHour = UniStormComponent.Hour;
    16.       //You can access any variable this way
    17. }

25. bpatton00

bpatton00

The c# demo spams the same exact error, so no it doesn't work.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.FadeOutPrecipitation () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:3177)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.WeatherForecaster () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:2309)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.Update () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1220)

note the JS version works just fine with the same problems I have outlined earlier regarding not having a class that is accessible.

Using your code in the JS Demo nets the result that I have been posting about.
    Assets/Standard Assets/weathersetup.js(11,33): BCE0018: The name 'UniStormWeatherSystem_JS' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

#pragma strict

function Start () {
    InitialSetup(3);
    }

function InitialSetup(race_weather)
    {
    var UniStormWeatherScript : GameObject;
    var UniStormComponent : UniStormWeatherSystem_JS;
    UniStormWeatherScript = GameObject.Find("UniStormSystemEditor");
    UniStormComponent = UniStormWeatherScript();
    switch (race_weather) {
    case 1:
    UniStormComponent.weatherForecaster = 7;
    break;
    case 2:
    UniStormComponent.weatherForecaster = 4;
    break;
    case 3:
    UniStormComponent.weatherForecaster = 2;
    break;
    case 4:
    UniStormComponent.weatherForecaster = 3;
    break;
    }
    }

function Update () {

}

26. BHS

BHS

I'm not sure how. We submitted a working demo. So, it should be working for you. Maybe you're having an import error, which sometimes happens from the Asset Store. Have you tried reimporting?

Also, do you have a Sun Shaft and Global Fog image effect attached to your camera?

27. bpatton00

bpatton00

I have tried about 10 times. Deleting and starting from scratch again. It runs but it's constantly spitting that error, so perhaps it was an oversight.

Honestly it looks as if you have a version mismatch with the c# library. Example, it is looking for Butterflies, which in the JS has been disabled. Maybe contact me on skype - support.sportofkings rather than fill up your board with this case?

One of the issues could be in the assigning of camerathing which is used to locate the components. No where in the C# file is it assigned a value, so it must be elsewhere.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  28. BHS

BHS

I just did a fresh import of UniStorm 1.8.4. I tested both of the demo scene and didn't receive a single error. The version at the top of both scripts say 1.8.4. What versions are you seeing at the top of the scripts?

I'm not sure why you are having errors. It must be something to do with the Asset Store. We will get it sorted out though.

We can discuss this via email at BlackHorizonStudios@juno.com

29. bpatton00

bpatton00

I may have found a work around. By placing the JS script on the editor game object itself and then calling it from the c# function using send message I seem to be able to accomplish everything that is needed. I am working on perfecting the graphics and adding the feature to turn on the lights automatically. So far so good I have to say! There is certainly a big difference with the AA turned on than without though.

30. BHS

BHS

That's good.

I figured your issue was related to how you were trying to access UniStorm and not UniStorm itself.

31. BHS

BHS

Here's our list for UniStorm 1.8.5. It includes a lot of much needed improvements, fixes, performance enhancements, and new highly requested features. We plan on having UniStorm 1.8.5 submitted within the next few days.

Features:
    * Rewrote UniStorm's time system to properly allow the setting of the exact time of day.
    * Added Starting Hour to the UniStorm Editor
    * Added Starting Minute to the UniStorm Editor
    * Added separate Atmospheric Color adjustments for Morning, Day, Evening, and Night.
    * Added an Instant Weather option to the Editor. This allows you to have instant starting weather, if desired. All this is in one function so when your players load their data, you call this function so they can have instant weather so they can bypass the weather transitions.
    * Added a saving and loading example script to help demonstrate how you can access UniStorm's variables, save them, then load them. (Similar to something like Skyrim). This also allows players to have instantly faded in weather so they can resume where they left off without having to wait for the weather to transition.
    * Added a Instantiated player example. This script allows you to spawn a player that will then automatically apply all needed UniStorm components on Start.
    * Added Clear as new weather type.
    * Added Mostly Cloudy using dynamic clouds as new weather type.
    * Dynamic Snow beta (dynamic snow shader with increasing snow during snow weather types)

System:
    * Removed all GetComponents from the updated function. Everything is now in a custom function on start that gets all needed components once. These are then stored and accessed when needed. This eliminates the need for GetComponent anywhere in the UniStorm script.
    * Improved optimization and performance
    * Precipitation is now delayed until a certain storm cloud density is reached. This allows rain to not fall when there isn't enough cloud cover.
    * Thunder and lightning are now delayed until a certain storm cloud density is reached.
    * Various minor bug fixes
    * Various optimizations
    * Various code cleanup (removing code and comments that are no longer needed or used)
    * UniStorm will no longer error if you don't have the Global Fog script attached to your camera. Instead, it will tell you to apply the script via the console, but still run without erroring.
    * UniStorm will no longer error if you don't have the Sun Shaft script attached to your camera. Instead, it will tell you to apply the script via the console, but still run without erroring.

Fixes:
    * Fixed Dynamic Wind from generating during the Fog weather type
    * Removed old start time calculations
    * Rewrote Time Algorithm to properly allow for exact starting time of day
    * Moon will no longer change at night. It will now calculate the next moon phase during the day.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  32. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

Just updated from 1.8.3 to 1.8.4 and am getting 11 of the following error messages.

Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs(3074,35): error CS1061: Type `GlobalFog' does not contain a definition for `heightDensity' and no extension method `heightDensity' of type `GlobalFog' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

33. BHS

BHS

This is a Unity issue. For some reason they made the Global Fog image effect private. So you simply need to make it public.

We have a simple tutorial here that takes about 20 seconds or you can download the converted script.
    http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...ntain_a_definition_for_.60heightDensity.27.29

This will be fixed as of UniStorm 1.8.5. We will write our own custom Global Fog script. Until then, the link above will fix it.

DesertRaven likes this.
  34. Demonith88

Demonith88

Hi i rely need help i making mmo and i have problem with camera when my character is add to scene the sun S*** where ever i look at its not add the sun is there a way to make it add to component when the character has entered to scene i use ICODE

35. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

This is what we use. It assigns the position for the sun transform on the Sun Shaft Image Effect. It uses the position from the sun glow, which is the Default Sun object. Hope it helps.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects;
    5. public class SunShaftPosition : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public SunShafts sunShaftScript;
    8.     public GameObject uniStormSun;
    10.     void Start ()
    11.     {
    12.         uniStormSun = GameObject.Find("SunGlow");
    13.         sunShaftScript = GetComponent<Camera>().GetComponent<SunShafts>();
    14.         sunShaftScript.sunTransform = uniStormSun.transform;
    15.     }
    16. }

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  36. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

We have updated our support email address to: BlackHorizonStudios.help@gmail.com

If you need support or help via email, please email us using the above email from now on.

We will still be available here on the forums, but for those of you who prefer email, use the above address.

37. Sphelps

Sphelps

generated snow accumulation that the dynamic snow is this not going to be in 1.8.5

38. Demonith88

Demonith88

Its not just the position. The Sun Shift is working fine but wont apply the sun on sun shift when my player enters in scene
    like i put everything with my character like in tutorial but when i start the game its like the properetis wont recognize my camera and sun to my player

39. BHS

BHS

We can include our test shader with UniStorm 1.8.5.

It sounds like you need to reimport your image effects.

40. Sphelps

Sphelps

Cool man, your awesome. Nice job with this asset btw see better frames

41. BHS

BHS

Thanks. Good to hear.

With UniStorm 1.8.5, you will see an even bigger frame rate increase.

42. BHS

BHS

We are getting close to submitting UniStorm 1.8.5. You can see the release notes above.

If anyone has suggestions or features they would like to see with either this version, or the next version, please post them here. We will do our best to make sure they happen.

43. webik150

webik150

Oh! I have one! Question! Will Unistorm 1.8.5 be compatible with Unity 5.1?
    I've updated today, started with the awesome new networking, but for some reason, I keep getting
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable moonLight of UniStormWeatherSystem_C has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the moonLight variable of the UniStormWeatherSystem_C script in the inspector.
    3. UniStormWeatherSystem_C.FadeOutPrecipitation () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:2848)
    4. UniStormWeatherSystem_C.WeatherForecaster () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:2303)
    5. UniStormWeatherSystem_C.Update () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1220)
    I've checked, and I have the moonLight assigned in the inspector. I've even watched it while playing, and it would never go null (in the inspector) or anything. I have also tried putting different lights to the Moon Light slot, with no avail.

Thanks, looking forward to the dynamic snow!

44. BHS

BHS

Yes, it will.

Sometimes it will shoot an error saying something about the moonlight object when in fact it's a an error with something else. This is fixed with UniStorm 1.8.5.

Are you getting your components at start? It's usually associated with missing a component elsewhere. Make sure all your components are assigned via the UniStorm Editor.

Also, test the Demo Scene. If there's no issues, than it's something that you have forgotten to assign within your custom scene.

45. webik150

webik150

Yep! It was a missing component (Camera Object). Thanks!

46. BHS

BHS

You're welcome.

47. BHS

BHS

We are putting the finishing touches on our next update for UniStorm. It will be submitted it first thing tomorrow morning. We would like to clarify what we have done with this new update.

We have changed the next UniStorm version to UniStorm Version 2.0.

We have done this because it is basically a brand new dynamic day and night weather system. It has been completely rewritten from the ground up. Everything has been reevaluated, optimized, rewritten, and made better. However, we have kept all needed variables variable names the same so custom scripts will still work.

We have also included a Survival Demo (which demonstrates accessing UniStorm variables for a player's food, warmth, and dryness, then to take cover under shelter to shield you from the elements), Player Save and Load example (which allows you to save the UniStorm time, date, weather, and temperature, and load it again when needed. This is as simple as calling 1 function), and Spawning a Player Example (which lets you spawn a player which then grabs all components automatically on start to make UniStorm function).

Huge thanks to Polygonmaker (characters) Norifx (Buildings and prop models) & Philipp (Statue) Schmidt

UniStorm Version 2.0

Features:
    * Rewrote UniStorm's time system to properly allow the setting of the exact time of day.
    * Added Starting Hour to the UniStorm Editor
    * Added Starting Minute to the UniStorm Editor
    * Added separate Atmospheric Color adjustments for Morning, Day, Evening, and Night.
    * Added an Instant Weather option to the Editor. This allows you to have instant starting weather, if desired. All this is in one function so when your players load their data, you call this function so they can have instant weather so they can bypass the weather transitions.
    * Added a saving and loading example script to help demonstrate how you can access UniStorm's variables, save them, then load them. (Similar to something like Skyrim). This also allows players to have instantly faded in weather so they can resume where they left off without having to wait for the weather to transition.
    * Added a Instantiated player example. This script allows you to spawn a player that will then automatically apply all needed UniStorm components on Start.
    * Added Clear as new weather type.
    * Added Mostly Cloudy using dynamic clouds as new weather type.
    * Dynamic Snow beta (dynamic snow shader with increasing snow during snow weather types)

Demo Examples:
    * Survival Demo (which demonstrates accessing UniStorm variables for a player's food, warmth, and dryness),
    * Player Save and Load example (which allows you to save the UniStorm time, date, weather, and temperature. You can then load it again when needed)
    * Spawning a Player Example (which lets you spawn a player which then grabs all components automatically on start to make UniStorm function)
    * Dynamic Snow Example (Shows dynamic building snow)

System:
    * Removed all GetComponents from the updated function. Everything is now in a custom function on start that gets all needed components once. These are then stored and accessed when needed. This eliminates the need for GetComponent anywhere in the UniStorm script.
    * Improved optimization and performance
    * Precipitation is now delayed until a certain storm cloud density is reached. This allows rain to not fall when there isn't enough cloud cover.
    * Thunder and lightning are now delayed until a certain storm cloud density is reached.
    * Various minor bug fixes
    * Various optimizations
    * Various code cleanup (removing code and comments that are no longer needed or used)
    * UniStorm will no longer error if you don't have the Global Fog script attached to your camera. Instead, it will tell you to apply the script via the console, but still run without erroring.
    * UniStorm will no longer error if you don't have the Sun Shaft script attached to your camera. Instead, it will tell you to apply the script via the console, but still run without erroring.

Fixes:
    * Fixed Dynamic Wind from generating during the Fog weather type
    * Removed old start time calculations
    * Rewrote Time Algorithm to properly allow exact starting time of day
    * Moon will no longer change at night. It will now calculate the next moon phase during the day.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Olander and dterbeest like this.
  48. BHS

BHS

UniStorm version 2.0 has been submitted and is awaiting approval!

All release notes are in the post above.

If you have any questions regarding he update, you can post them here on the forums.

49. John-Chen350

John-Chen350

I've bought Unistorm Mobile. Will 2.0 be available on mobile?

50. shwa

shwa

Unistorm 2.0 vid looks good.

Will Unistorm 2.0 be compatible with Unity Pro 4.6.1 or 4.6.2?

I really hope so.