Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

This may be do to DX11.

We sent you a PM explaining what to do. You simply need to update the cloud shaders to be DX11 compatible. It only takes a minute to do.

The guide can be found here.

http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...sible_Issues#I_can.27t_see_any_dynamic_clouds

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

Thanks, works great!

3. 2dchaos

2dchaos

Waiting for the reply on how I do the integration between Skyshop(already bought) and Unistorm, if someone has any tips in how this works, I would apreciate it.

4. zylazla

zylazla

Why the new clouds are called dynamic? What is the difference between dynamic clouds and previous clouds? How to get different degrees of cloudiness with the dynamic clouds?

5. toxtronyx

toxtronyx

Hi B H S,
    I am using Unistorm in my current project and the look is just awesome. I also like the improvements of version 1.8 but I need your help in two points:
    1. Is there a possibility to scale down the system? 15km is a bit large. 3 would be quite enough for my purposes and would prevent some object plopping and performance issues
    2. The next thing is more or less a suggestion. As far as I can see the fog color is based on the ambient color. That leads to almost white looking terrains and models in the far distance. Maybe it would be better to use the sky color or interpolate between the sky color and the ambient light which should lead to a more realstic look in the distance.

Best Regards

6. BHS

BHS

We sent the developers of Skyshop an email to collaborate to get proper integration with UniStorm.

The dynamic clouds are dynamic, where the previous clouds are UniStorm 1.6's clouds, which are non-dynamic.

The degree of cloudiness with the dynamic clouds is coming with 1.8.1 update. It will have several different degrees of cloudiness such as mostly clear, partly cloudy, and mostly cloudy. All these will be using dynamic clouds.

1. I don't think it would be a problem to scale the system down. You would just adjust the entire UniStorm parent.

2. There is color adjustment solely for the fog color. There is one for each time of day. The ambient light color is different.

7. CaptainChristian

CaptainChristian

8. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I would definitely love to see if Unistorm can be integrated with Skyshop. The graphical enhancements that come from the ambient lighting are really great, but it seems very problematic to integrate those benefits with dynamic weather effects.

9. 2dchaos

2dchaos

Thanks, it would be great to have this. ;]

10. TDH_DrThirteen

TDH_DrThirteen

Hey
    will particles that use the built-in particle shaders get overdrawn by the sky of this asset.
    I tried another cloud solution but my particles got overdrawn by the sky, so i couldnt use that asset.
    So i would like to know if it is different with Unistorm.

11. toxtronyx

toxtronyx

Thanks for your answer. Yes you are right. I wrote crap still struggling with the whole bunch of settings there :)
    The problem I now have is the following: I tinted the fog with the daylight sky color. That works fine for the days as long as the weather is good because everything turns into slight blue in the distance. But it becomes a problem in case of bad weather because now everything is blue. Do you have a suggestion for that problem?

TIA

12. BHS

BHS

We have talked with the developer about integration with Skyshop and he said dynamically it's not really possible due to the scene needing to be baked. However, if you bake each time of day (morning, day, evening, and night) then you can blend between those using interpolations.

With UniStorm 1.8.1 we will have a separate fog color for precipitation weather types. This means you can have a darker grey when it starts to rains during the day.

toxtronyx likes this.
  13. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Sure, that's the extent that I read as well. I suppose if you integrated Skyshop skyboxes and blending interpolation between the various time-of-day skies into the Unistorm UI, that would be a big help already.

2dchaos likes this.
  14. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

I was just wondering, aren't there supposed to be raindrop splashes on the ground and surfaces? Or am I missing something?

On another note, how can I make changes in the unistorm editor permanent? ?

15. 2dchaos

2dchaos

Is this possible to do already? If so, how one would do it?

16. TDH_DrThirteen

TDH_DrThirteen

Can someone test really quick if the sky or clouds overlap particle effects?

TIA

17. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I don't think Skyshop is integrated with UniStorm out-of-the-box just yet. I haven't purchased UniStorm (although it's on my radar), so I can't answer whether it can be done manually either. Sorry

2dchaos likes this.
  18. TDH_DrThirteen

TDH_DrThirteen

I have a problem with the fog.
    I am using exponential fog and even when I lower the fog density in the editor script it still goes up to the standard 0.01

19. toxtronyx

toxtronyx

Awesome!

20. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

Hi sorry for late reply, i really need to see if i can get notifications from unity.

anyway the problem was with the material for the storm clouds base, i added some textures and that seem to have done the job. all though i still need to teak it because of my set up. just downloaded unity 5 as well, all works fine just need to do some tweaking. cool system though, at the moment for some reason the night like to go bright blue half way through its cycle but i'll work it out

21. BHS

BHS

We can show you where to put the interpolations, but the code and references to Skyshop would have to be done through the developer of Skyshop. We don't have a copy so we don't know how to access its scripts.

Yes, they're still there, but are disabled by default. You can enable them by enabling the rain collisions and rain splashes script. With 1.8.1 this will be done though the editor.

Hmm, that's strange. We will look into it and find a solution if there's problem.

DesertRaven likes this.
  22. Yog0

Yog0

Improvements:
    * The Sun's algorithm has been completely rewritten. The Y axis can now be rotated 360* allowing you to choose where the sun rises and where it sets. You are no longer restricted of the sun's rotation.

I'm very happy to see you got to this. It's been a problem in my project for a year. Of course the day I check the thread to see if there are any updates is the day I spend rotating my terrain tiles so the sun isn't moving west to east.

Cheers

23. Unplug

Unplug

May i suggest the fix for Directx11 to be implemented right away since Unity 5 is going to be Directx11 by default anyway ??

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  24. Unplug

Unplug

just add the directx fix in the shader if you are running the scene in directx (default) in unity 5.

25. Danz112

Danz112

Hello,
    not sure if it's me - very much possible but I seem to be unable to get rain during december (can't really say "during winter as I've tested only on december"
    for example, if I set "Heavy Rain no Thunder" in December, it doesn't rain.
    And if I set light rain or thunder storm it's always a snow storm. Is there no way to mix things or it may be my fault?

26. Jaqal

Jaqal

how would i go about skipping the time ahead a few hours if I wanted my player to sleep?

27. BHS

BHS

As of UniStorm 1.8.1 we will no longer be supporting Unity version 3. So, this allows us to properly support Unity 4 users and DX11. Supporting Unity 3 version restricted us from evening being able to supply the DX11 fix.

The "Rain No Thunder" is a weather type that Winter doesn't use.

The reason it snows when you change the weather type to heavy rain or light rain is because it's 32 degrees or below. You can adjust the averages for each season via the Temperature Options in the UniStorm Editor.

We implemented something like this a little while ago that was similar to Skyrim's sleep system.

You simply need to have the user set an amount of hours they wish to sleep. Then set the day speed to 1 (or something) until it "fast forwards" to that time.

So, lets say it's 9:00 pm (24 hour notation would = 21) and your player wants to rest 12 hours. You would set the dayLength to 1 until the hour counter reaches 9:00 am. It is definitely possible.

28. Danz112

Danz112

Thanks a lot =). So, to mix things I should raise the average so that there's a chance that it goes above and under 32, right?
    Also I have one final question, sorry. Basically, I set up in the editor a custom "time speed", like, a day ends in half an hour. Now, I have done a 3D clock in Blender which shows the time in a text mesh. The problem is that it would be much better if instead of trying to "replicate" Unistorm's time it went on to "grab" directly the same values that I see in the editor. I'm referring to hours, minutes, etc. Is this possible?
    Unfortunately I'm not a programmer at all (but yes I know what's a variable, what's a function etc) so I need a little hand on this one, I'm terribly sorry.

29. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Hi,

I'm trying to make more than one lightning source.
    I have edited the UnistormWeatherSystem c# script to giuve me an array of lights like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public Light[] lightSource
    and I have been through the code replacing the code for a single light with code like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. foreach (Light light in lightSource)
    3. {
    4. light.color= lightningColor;
    5. }
    but I'm having trouble with thhe unistormEditor script. line 950 and line 951 which look like this...

Code (CSharp):
    1.  bool lightSource = !EditorUtility.IsPersistent (self);
    2. self.lightSource = (Light)EditorGUILayout.ObjectField ("Light Source", self.lightSource, typeof(Light), lightsource);
    can you help me please?

*EDIT* I have a work around but it's not the best way of doing things... I would much rather have an array so I can add/remove lightning source lights at will....

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  30. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Hi,

After upgrade to 1.8 I've got shadows on trees like this:

upload_2014-11-4_11-55-30.png

31. BHS

BHS

Correct.

Yes, it's totally possible. If you'd like to reference UniStorm's time then you would use these variables here:
    http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Code_References#Time

The setup portion gives you a tutorial on how to reference UniStorm and access its variables.

Adding arrays to the UniStorm editor is a little more complex, at least the way we do it, but it is possible. We plan on adding support for an endless bolts if that's what you're after, as well as randomized lighting angles. If not then we can send you a PM to help you out. However, UniStorm uses 1 lightning light source.

Is there a specific reason why you want multiple lightning sources?

Hi,

I'm not sure what problem you're having as you haven't specified it. Your trees' shadows looking fine in the screenshot. What's the issue you're having?

32. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Don't look under tree but on tree. See leafs shadow? Just look at this tree leafs shadow

upload_2014-11-6_11-43-36.png

33. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Last time i read about the ios port it sounds like it comes in the next days or maybe weeks. Any news about it?

34. toxtronyx

toxtronyx

Another thing: Some people here mentioned, that Unistorm works fine with U5. I gave it a try in beta9 and the console got flooded with compiler errors. That is one of major reasons keeping me away from Unity5. Anyone else having problems?

35. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

works perfectly fine for me, i hade to change a line of code to get the clouds moving again but apart from that no problems

36. Ebolinux

Ebolinux

How do you get the sun shafts to work? I see the sun flare. But i don't see sun shafts in anything. I think im using the default setup.

37. BHS

BHS

I apologize, but I still don't see the problem. Is your tree not receiving shadows?

Make sure they're enabled and that you have a Sun Shaft image effect on your UniStorm camera. Keep in mind that Sun Shafts is a pro only feature.

38. toxtronyx

toxtronyx

Hm. I am trying it on Win7 and its not even possible to play in the editor. I tried importing Unistorm with API Update and Unity prompts me to fix the compiler errors. So I reimported the Image Pro effects but it didn't help. Then I erased everything and tried again without API fix and the problem persists. Running the API Updater afterwards didn't change anything. I end up with 93 yellow and 72 red entries in the console and the project is broken. Reimporting the Pro effects after importing Unistorm didn't help in all cases.

Edit:
    Reimported also the standard scripts package now it removed the yellow entries but I still get 72 errors all relating to global fog problems

Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs(5566,43): error CS1061: Type `GlobalFog' does not contain a definition for `globalDensity' and no extension method `globalDensity' of type `GlobalFog' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Its allways the same, just the lines differ.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  39. BHS

BHS

It sounds like you need to reimport the image effects.

40. 2dchaos

2dchaos

Is Unistorm working fine with the Unity 5 beta?

41. toxtronyx

toxtronyx

As written in my post I did that multiple times and it didn't help. Sorry.

42. Archania

Archania

Read up a couple of posts and you'll get your answer.

43. BHS

BHS

Unity might have changed the some of the variable names with the global fog image effect. Find the lines that are causing the errors and comment them out using // If it fixes the issue then we simply need to update the variable names.

It's strange though because other customers are saying that Unity 5 is working fine.

44. Danz112

Danz112

quick question: I scaled the whole system down to 0.5 as I didn't need it that big (surprisingly though I didn't notice any improvement in performance). Do I still need a far clipping plane of 15000 if I do that? Sorry for the "noobish" question :/

45. toxtronyx

toxtronyx

I wondered about that too. However I commented them out and it works now. Thanks. Hope you can fix it with the next Update

Edit: A couple of more things after trying it out (Beta11):
    Shadows do not work anymore
    Cloudlayer is allways on. No matter if set to clear or thunderstorm.

Dx11 fix has been done as described in the Wiki

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  46. auroxi

auroxi

Really good asset this. Just a quick question about the skybox colour though. I have a game whereby when you enter a building on the terrain, it teleports you to the 'interior' of that building which is miles away from the terrain however this means that the outside is blue and not black (I need it black). I've tried messing around setting skybox colours at runtime using the code below but because I don't want it to rain inside, I have to disable the weathersystem object.

Do you have any solutions to this?

Code (CSharp):
    1. uniStormObj.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C> ().MorningSkyboxTint= new Color(0f,0f,0f);
    2.                         uniStormObj.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C> ().MiddaySkyboxTint = new Color(0f,0f,0f);
    3.                         uniStormObj.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C> ().DuskSkyboxTint = new Color(0f,0f,0f);
    4.                         uniStormObj.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C> ().NightSkyboxTint = new Color(0f,0f,0f);

Thanks

47. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

Just an easy question. If you have one big scene with many environments.. is there an easy way to not have certain weather in certain parts of a scene? For instance, no rain in the desert but rain sometimes in the jungle nearly?

48. clawd31

clawd31

Hey, i've just upgrade to the Unity Patch 4.5.5p4 and it just modified all the Debug Window (see pictures) :/
    I don't think the script is modified but i can no longer modify Day Time, ect.... help pls :)

*Sorry for my english

[edit - removed script]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  49. BHS

BHS

Please remove our script from the thread. You are violating your terms of use.

50. clawd31

clawd31

Oops, sorry, I'm really stupid sometimes...