Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

The documentation is located under the UniStorm Editor Extension at the top of the Unity tool bar.

The documentation will take you to the UniStorm Wiki site which will have everything you need including code references, example scripts, and tutorials.

If you can't find the UniStorm Extension, here's the link.

http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Home?useskin=oasis&cb=1232

2. BHS

BHS

We've updated UniStorm 1.7.5 to UniStorm 1.8 to better show its new content. The next error version of UniStorm will be 1.8.1.

3. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Thank you for the docu info.
    1.8 so now i can use it on mobile :) ?

4. BHS

BHS

We are still in the process of converting UniStorm Desktop to Mobile. It shouldn't be too much longer.

5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

No problem. Just thought you wrote it will came ewith 1.8 so i ask.

6. BHS

BHS

Yes, but we stated that due to the amount of content that was released with 1.7.5 we decided to change the version to 1.8. So the update you'll be looking for now is 1.8.1.

The differences between 1.7 and 1.8 are huge. It's almost been entirely rewritten and is much better to that of UniStorm 1.7.

We look forward to supporting both systems within one project.

7. adde210

adde210

do you have any release date yet on 1.8? ;)

8. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I downloaded 1.8 from the unity store yesterday.

9. adde210

adde210

oh I did not see that is was out XD haha

so now the snow system is in ? when it is winter it actually affect the top of the ground/terrain and the objects ? like in this Video at 0:40 (on ground) and 2:35 (on object)?

if not, when will we see this in UniStorm? i really whant to see this! and I think many others would like to see it too! :) thx guys

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  10. BHS

BHS

We're working on implementing dynamic snow for UniStorm 1.8.1.

11. adde210

adde210

okey that is wery cool man :) so the 1.8.1 is out soon ? :)

12. malteins

malteins

Hi, I've been trying to figure out how to change the color of the fog and ambient when it begins raining. This option doesn't seem to be in the panel, (Unistorm 1.8). I think this would require some coding? Any guidance appreciated!

THanks!

13. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

hi i got an issue, with the particles it doesn't show on my screen but everything else seems to work ok

14. gameplay4all

gameplay4all

Hi Unistorm!

Very nice update! The only thing that doesn't work for me is the sun flare, When I enable the option in the SystemEditor it doesn't show anything, and the (non-flare) "Sun Glow" object is disabled (I assume this is right). However, the Sun Glare object is activated and it does have a flare assigned. The flare color in the system editor is the standard dark orange with 100% alpha.

I hope there's an easy fix :)

P.S. Maybe an idea for a next feature: make an option to do dew/fog in the morning, it would look pretty nice :) But I can of course also script that myself!

15. tgentry

tgentry

I am using 1.8 and have always enjoyed playing with the scene that it is a part of. However, with this new version I have noticed that the stars in the C# version do not twinkle as they do in the JS version. Plus in this version I seems that the Moon passes behind some of the stars where as I do not remember that either previously. I checked the 1.7.5 version in an older scene to make sure that the C# was working and I was not just dreaming and in that version of both C# and JS the stars are twinkling and the moon does not pass behind stars. And I seem to have problem with the rain no longer colliding, and yes the checkbox is checked. Maybe we could look into this for the next patch.

Thanks enjoy using the software.

16. BHS

BHS

You can't change the fog when it rains. We are working on this for 1.8.1 though.

Are you using the UFPS system? If so, you need to change the layers of the particles at start. See the documentation for a tutorial.

Also, make sure your particles are positioned correctly.

Make sure there is a flare object attached to your camera. Without it you won't be able to see the sun flare effect.

17. Frogger007

Frogger007

Where can i find a description from the new UniStorm V1.8 features ?

18. BHS

BHS

You can find them under the version notes of UniStorm on the Asset Store. You can also find them under release notes under the UniStorm tab in the Unity game engine.

19. Jaqal

Jaqal

For some reason after the last update my temp stopped showing up in the console and I can't access it with scripts I was using. Any reason for this?

20. BHS

BHS

I just tested a fresh import from the Asset Store and it all seems to be working. It's under the Temperature Options.

The temperature variable hasn't changed in any version so I'm not sure what the issue could be. What's the script you're using that's causing the issue?

21. Jaqal

Jaqal

Actually I just got the script working but I noticed that the temp used to show up in the console after pressing play and that no longer happens. I thought that was related to the script issue but it wasn't. Thanks for the quick reply.

22. Amer-ALhwifi

Amer-ALhwifi

Is there a tutorial or information about how to use uniStorm with multiplayer ? I cant find anything!
    Thanks!

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi

Is there a demo for the atmsopsheric scattering similar to Time of Day one, so we can compare the effect ? I mean the one with the cube.

Also does the asset use a dome ? (I need to bypass Skyshop sky, so a dome is needed i guess)

Thanks

24. malteins

malteins

Hi I am trying to setup some video cameras around the level map.
    So the issue that arises here is that when you look at a security camera that renders content far away from the player, the weather components are not seen on that camera, I guess because the particles are attached to the player and not the camera far away. Is there a way to duplicate the prefab so that it maintains association with the Unistorm prefab, hence when Unistorm starts, it activates both particles prefabs?
    I see this being related somewhat to what others are asking about multiplayer setup.

Thanks!!

25. BHS

BHS

That's very strange because it should. We have even tested it with a fresh import from that Asset Store. Are you using the JS or C# version?

We're not super familiar with multiplayer programming, but we have had many customers use UniStorm with online games. You just need to sync the startingHour (which is responsible for the time) and the weatherForecaster (which is responsible for the weather) with the player so they see the time and weather change.

Yes, we're working on a demo to demonstrate UniStorm 1.8.

Yes, UniStorm uses a dome. If you wanted to use Skyshop then you would simply add an interpolation of colors, similar to what we have done for the sun color, fog color, ect, in the appropriate time changing functions within the UniStorm script. UniStorm should change the Skybox colors according to the time of day.

We are in the process of talking with the developers so we can provide examples with Skybox on our Wiki site.

If you want to see the weather effects on each camera, I would recommend changing the position of the weather effects to the position of each camera each time they are activated. The weather effects would be instantly moved to each camera that is activated giving the effect that the weather is everywhere and on all cameras.

26. BHS

BHS

If anyone has any suggestions for 1.8.1 you can post them here. We plan on finishing UniStorm Mobile within a week and it will be equal to the UniStorm Desktop version. UniStorm Desktop will follow soon after.

We will try to add dynamic snow and the rain on screen effect to UniStorm Desktop by version 1.8.1.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Nice, is there a planned date for the demo or time frame ? I really need to buy this soon and would love to have a clear picture about the scaterring effect and how it relates to "Time of Day" asset.

28. BHS

BHS

Yes, we're working on a demo demonstrating UniStorm's scattering effect. It shouldn't be more than a few days.

29. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

My wishlist for 1.8.1+ is as follows:

#1, Shuriken Particle support.

Unistorm used to have different fog colours for clear and cloudy weather types, which don't seem to be present in the new version. I'd like to see that have a comeback. Perhaps even a fog color for each weather type. But clear/stormy is fine. I just don't like the thick, white, cloudy fog colour with the clear blue skies. And if I change the fog colour to match the clear sky it looks bad when the clouds roll in. So, more fog colours is #2.

#3, The moon. When the moon fades out, you can see the stars through the disc, it would be nice if that were fixed. I'd also like to see a lunar corona.

30. BHS

BHS

These are good suggestions. We will make sure they're added for 1.8.1.

Shuriken particle support is a top priority and will most likely be implemented with a toggle switch. So if you want to use Shuriken particles you would toggle Use Shuriken Particles. If set to false UniStorm will revert to the standard particle system. We know there's a lot of particle system effects that use Shuriken so it'll make a nice addition to UniStorm to have that support.

31. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Thanks! Looking forward to it. ;-)

32. insiderrr

insiderrr

i have a question about sun rotation. There is a option to configure this, but it only puts the sun in another direction, when it is 12.00 the sunlight is pointing vertical, so shadows are really flat, is it also possible to rotate the sunlight angle ?

33. malteins

malteins

It also would be nice to have the moon disc (without lights) appear sometimes during day, as in real life.
    http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970314b2.html

Cheers!

34. melonhead

melonhead

if you are adding a snow shader how about a wet shader also, i take it these will run in unity free?

35. malteins

malteins

Hi I'm having a little issue here with the fog. It seems to me that the billboards are rendered in front of the fog instead of behind it. I believe this is something similar to some water shaders being render behind billboards. Here's an image to depict de issue. What can I do to fix this?
    Thanx!

Image: http://media.malta.cl/3d/unistorm_fog.jpg

EDIT: I also have a doubt. In my Unistorm panel there is only one slot for the Lightning bolts. I've seen some screenshots with more slots. Can't figure out how to activate them. I am using the latest version 1.8.0.0.

Image: http://media.malta.cl/3d/unistorm_panel.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  36. 2dchaos

2dchaos

Will Unistorm 1.8.1 support Unity 5 shaders?

37. 2dchaos

2dchaos

Also, does Unistorm works along with Marmoset's Skyshop? Does anyone know how to integrate the two?

38. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

hey just downloaded and there seems to be a problem with a couple shaders, i dont know much about CG writing so kinda in the dark. the shaders are the last two.
    dynamic lights clouds
    gradient sky

39. BHS

BHS

We're working on an adjustable sun tilt for UniStorm 1.8.1.

That's strange, the render queue on the storm cloud shader must be a little too high. We will fix this with 1.8.1. We will also post a solution on the UniStorm Wiki when we get a chance.

Yes, we plan to fully support Unity 5 and all its new features.

Also, we are currently working on support for Skyshop. As of right now it should work. You would simply add custom interpolation to change the volumetric lighting for each time of day. When we get a chance we will also add this to the UniStorm Wiki.

Yes, this is due to UniStorm using DX11. You simply need to follow this guide to get the shaders updated. It literally only takes a minute to do.

http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...sible_Issues#I_can.27t_see_any_dynamic_clouds

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  40. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

nice one that did the job cheers

41. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

new problem today, im working with deferred lighting in linear color space and i have noticed that if i enable HDR at night during a thunder storm the clouds go really bright, and the stars appear as black dots everywhere oh and the moon goes pitch black. is there a solution to this.

42. BHS

BHS

Strange, try disabling linear color space to see if that fixes the issue. If it does, we will find a solution for it. As of right now, we don't know what specifically is causing it.

43. BHS

BHS

All this was created using Unity Free without any image effects.

This video demonstrates UniStorm 1.8 and its powerful new features such as dynamic time of day sounds, improved weather and weather effects, improved time of day, and much more. UniStorm 1.8 will truly enhance your games to greatly improve player immersion. All sounds you hear were dynamically played using UniStorm's Sound Manager.

UniStorm has over 150 customizable components. The possibilities to what you can create are endless!

UniStorm 1.8.1 is set to be submitted soon.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    sqallpl likes this.
  44. 2dchaos

2dchaos

Could you please provide an example of how difficult would be to do that?(I'm not a programmer) I'm on the fence about buying both the solutions because I don't know how well they would integrate until Unity 5 is here ^^

45. BHS

BHS

We have not had the chance to work with Unity 5 at this time so we cannot provide an example. However, the integration should be relatively easy. We would simply use interpolations for each time of day to adjust the effects and colors the Unity 5 features, such as global illumination.

46. 2dchaos

2dchaos

What about integration on 4.5.4 between Skyshop and Unistorm?

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Will the snow accumulation require the use of a specific terrain shader ? I use Skyshop so i am bound to their terrain shader for the IBL

Also is the effect below already in v1.6 ? And the new snow shader will be a better one ?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  48. CaptainChristian

CaptainChristian

I think the latest unity beta somehow broke unistorm. Not sure why, but even when starting the demo on a clean project the sky just stays blank, although it looks fine in scene view before running the game. Note: The stars do appear, but the clouds and the horizon are missing. This happens when dynamic gameobjects are used only. When I activate the non-dynamic gos, everything works as expected.

49. N1warhead

N1warhead

SS_1.jpg SS_2.jpg

I'm having a problem with UniStorm, can someone help me? Before I press play the clouds show up. But when I hit play it turns to all blue and only shows the Sun...

50. N1warhead

N1warhead

Is that the same problem I just posted above as well?