Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UniKnowledge entry: Unity Networking the Zero to Hero guide

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by MikeHergaarden, Aug 23, 2009.

1. SevenBits

SevenBits

I get a 404 on both links. Might want to check that.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser

I was wondering if there is any way to check and confirm if a NetworkViewID has been destroyed with Network.Destroy()?

3. _zeta

_zeta

Could you Reupload Both Tutorial Parts!
    As i understand its still aviable as free alternative to AStore Paid One?
    Well then it should be still there........

4. PixelFireXY

PixelFireXY

5. ekocabas

ekocabas

I was following this tutorial, as you said before, if we wanna use them in mobile devices such as android phones, we need to have unity pro license. I have Unity Pro, Android Pro but I was unable to run your tutorial on mobil devices, it runs but it never connects the server that I created on Windows computer (phone and computer are in the same Wifi network)

Can you provide some help ? Do we need to change some settings in Unity to activate network ? Internet connection is ok in Android Manifest

6. altair2020

altair2020

I'm quite disappointed you guys tried to commercialize a networking tutorial on the asset store.

It would have been really nice to a guide without the cost of 85$.

I cannot justify this...

7. Shaba1

Shaba1

Is there anywhere to get the original pdf file Unity Networking Zero to Hero? I know there is a new version at the asset store but I would like to see the original before I pay for something I might not need or like.

8. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

9. Virishii

Virishii

any idea what could be causing a message of "level0 is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [position out of bounds! 1632079837 > 7688]

then

any idea what could be causing a message of "level0 is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [position out of bounds! 1632079837 > 7640]
    A script behavior has a different serialization layout when loading. Read 52 bytes but expected 56 bytes)
    Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

I made a project based off of your FPS game in your tutorial project, and I am using an almost unchanged connection menu scene from that as well.
    I am not using any #ifdef unity editor, and I have also noticed that your code as it is calls Awake functions 3 times. I am spawning a player object with the only main camera on Start()

Any ideas?

10. Shaba1

Shaba1

11. princeadj14

princeadj14

i dont what is the problem in example 4 when the client connect to the server they spawn two player .. please help me thank you in advance please

12. Christofarien

Christofarien

It seems like the downloads for the project and pdf are too old or something, when I followed the links, the site told me that the pages were not found. Can they be found somewhere else? :(

13. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

The media fire and PDF links above seems to work, tho' I didn't initiate the media fire download for the project.

Please be aware that this is a project from 2009 (4-5 years ago!) and from an earlier version of Unity (2.0??).

Use with caution.

You can check the official documentation here:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/NetworkedMultiplayer.html