Search Unity

Uni2LwP : Create Live Wallpapers with Unity 3.4.2 /3.5.7/ 4.0/4.0.1

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by shinx, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Yes, invisiblesense reported the same behaviour. It means that the live wallpaper service is still running and the live wallpaper itself doesn't crash. When the user restarts the device the live wallpaper works.

I have also received a logcat report from a user with a Samsung device (4.4.2). Apparently when we apply the live wallpaper, Android doesn't call the onSurfaceCreated() method and that's why the live wallpaper doesn't apply but keeps the service running. If this is really the case then there is nothing we can do to fix this because it's a Samsung bug... on the other hand I also find this very strange because if this is indeed true then most of the live wallpapers on Samsung devices with 4.4.2 wouldn't work. I need to do more tests ...

Best regards,
    Shinx

2. pako

pako

Hello,

I'm having a very hard time installing android-sdk, and I was wondering how other users of Uni2Lwp do it. I'm developing on Unity 3.4.2, which doesn't seem to like the latest version of android-sdk... it just won't build with android-sdk r.22. I had managed to downgrade to r21, but just hours before I needed to publish my very first live wallpaper, it broke :-( I tried to follow the same steps I used before to install android-sdk r.21 but it just won't work this time. So, how do you guys do it?

3. shinx

shinx

Hello,

I have a step by step tutorial that explains how you can use the latest versions of Android SDK Tools. Please contact me using this form and I will send you the tutorial.

Best regards,
    Shinx

4. Bargaintoaster

Bargaintoaster

5. unitywlp

unitywlp

hi developer i am intrested in the lwp for android but i am new in eclipse and programming can you support for the config the app
    thanks ,

6. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Uni2LwP already has a settings menu with some options (checkboxes). You can also find free tutorials on my site and if you need help in something specific you can always contact me and I will try to help you :)

Best regards,
    Shinx

7. yaapelsinko

yaapelsinko

Hi. Unity was SUDDENLY updated to version 4.5.
    Could you check if that update will allow to use your plugin with Unity higher than 4.0?

8. yaapelsinko

yaapelsinko

I've tried it myself, by removing version check. After export, there was unresolved Import of com.unity3d namespace. Resolved it by exporting example as android project through Unity build dialog, and then copying unity-classes.jar to lwp project. Don't know if it was correct, but at least it did compiled.

But when trying to open it as a wallpaper on my device, it closes with an 'error'. Is it how it was in previous versions?

9. shinx

shinx

Hi,

I'm already donwloading the new version and it should be completed in 15 minutes...

Edited: Unity 4.5 doesn't work :( we have the exact same issue. Unity engine crashes (fatal sig 11) when we instantiate the UnityPlayer class. Latest working version is still 4.0.1.

Best regards,
    Shinx

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  10. hellaandrew

hellaandrew

Unity didn't add any functionality you can take advantage of to make it work with 4.5? I don't think most of us particularly NEED 4.5... but it sure is nice to have the latest version with all the cool new stuff =]

Great work btw. I have developed quite a few live wallpapers using your plugin with tons more on the way. Check out my work:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Space+Cadet
    (Everything except for "3D Rose Bouquet" uses your plugin)

11. shinx

shinx

Hi,

Unfortunately no. Unity engine still crashes when we instantiate the UnityPlayer class (issue resides with Unity libraries and classes.jar file).

Best regards,
    Shinx

12. SolusNZ

SolusNZ

Bummer, I really dislike staying behind in Versions. This reflects badly on Unity IMO. Thanks to the publisher all the same, this plugin works very well.

13. troubl3mak3r

troubl3mak3r

Lets see, They implemented this great modules manager in 4.5. Its a really great idea.
    In the feature list they say:

In Unity 4.5, we’re beginning by supporting updates to Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and Windows Phone 8 as modules.

So it might actually happen pretty soon! :)

14. TSSTUDIOS

TSSTUDIOS

Hey guys im thinking of getting this asset, but all the lwp's made with it seems to have no interactions with in game objects let me make this clear.

Lets say i have a box in the lwp and if i click on it it changes color, i know u can swipe left and right but as i havent seen anyone on here with a interative envoroment im thinking maybe it dosent accept raycast or any other imput methose other then swipe

on the other hand i see uni2dream has user interactions

15. akuczera

akuczera

Is there a way for a communication back from unity to the main-app?

16. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Yes, you can have interactions and use Raycast. The demo scene of uni2lwp already has the code that shows you how to get the touch coordinates (x,y) directly from Android. Please check your email.

Best regards,
    Shinx

17. shinx

shinx

Hello,

The only way to implement that is to use Unity Plugins (Unity Pro only) but not every plugin works with uni2lwp because there are some limitations in using them inside live wallpaper services. Basically it depends on what you are trying to implement. If you want the plugin project that I have please contact me using the form on my site and I will send it to you.

Best regards,
    Shinx

18. Kanzler

Kanzler

Hi.
    I really want to buy this plugin. But i have problems to make compatible Unity 4.0 with android-sdk. I´ve tried some things like downgrading to V21 and installing java 64 and 32 bits. But i could not achieve it. I've read that you have a tutorial to solve it. I would appreciate if you help me.

19. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Yes, I will help you. I do have a detailed tutorial that fixes the incompatibility between Unity 4.0 and the latest Android SDK tools. After purchasing uni2lwp contact me with the uni2lwp invoice number and I will send you the tutorial.

Best regards,
    Shinx

20. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Please check out my new England 3D Live Wallpaper.

Animated with crowd chants which includes choice of sound 6 sound options as well as 2 camera viewing options. Special thanks to the great Shinx for all the support!
    England LWP feature graphic.png

21. Anang

Anang

Hi.. Great app. Can you share tutorial to change textures instead of colors from settings menu. Have been struggling to do that but just not able to do.

22. Anang

Anang

Hi.. Great app. Can you share tutorial to change textures instead of colors from settings menu. Have been struggling to do that but just not able to do.

23. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Yes, I can help you implement that. Contact me using the form on my site and I will send you the code.

Best regards,
    Shinx

24. Anang

Anang

Hi.. Have shared the details.. thanks

25. IvanVI

IvanVI

Hello.
    "uni2lwp will never crash except if the user tries to set the same live wallpaper again (known issue on the first page of this thread)"
    Is there any solution for this issue?

Thanks.

26. shinx

shinx

Hello,

No, the issue still remains.

On a different matter, upgrading to the latest version of Android SDK tools will cause a new error when building the staging area on Unity. If you need to upgrade to the latest versions of Android SDK tools please contact me for the new full tutorial.

Best regards,
    Shinx

27. IvanVI

IvanVI

Do you have any ideas about where to dig?
    I've noticed that if remove all calls of UnityPlayer.UnitySendMessage() then everything seems ok. No crash.
    Also I've tried to store offset value on java side and call method from Unity to get this value. Crash again.
    And according native stack trace it looks like there is a thread concurrency happens.

28. Anang

Anang

Hi.. Justed tested out my lwp app on my sony phone (android v4.1.2) works great.. however the same is crashing on samsung galaxy s4 (android v4.2.1) and geone (android v4.2.2).. any ideas what is the issue? I've tried updating android target sdk version in manifest file to 21.. still the issue persists.. please help here as samsung is a very popular phone..

29. Anang

Anang

Have also tested the same on emulator.. following is the error;

06-30 21:37:51.350: E/AndroidRuntime(531): at com.mirage.livewallpaper.glLibrary.d.run(Unknown Source)

30. shinx

shinx

I have tried everything I could think of to fix this but UnitySendMessage always crashes Unity engine when we try to apply the lwp again.

That's strange. It's probably something specific to your live wallpaper. Did you enable the "Use Host GPU" in the emulator?
    Please contact me. Maybe I can help. Also, can you send me the apk to test?

31. Anang

Anang

Ah just checked while enabling GPU host.. sdk v 19.. working now. Still not able to understand why it is crashing on samsung and Geone handsets.. send you apk as well.

32. Prizoff

Prizoff

Hi.. I have app written with Android Studio + gradle. I want to add a Live Wallpaper made in unity to it. Is it possible to achieve with your plugin? I ask, because I am not sure how Android Studio works with NDK... And, as I understand, I will need to use Unity 4.0, that is correct?

33. shinx

shinx

Hi,

Uni2LwP works with Unity v3.4.2, v3.5.7 and v4.0/v4.0.1 and it's only ready for Eclipse. However, you can still use Android Studio + gradle and import the live wallpaper created for Eclipse. Everything should work except the Uni2LwP update function. This means that the changes to the live wallpaper (from Unity to Android Studio) will have to be done manually but that's very easy to do and I can help you with that.

Since you can import the live wallpaper created with Uni2LwP to Android studio you can also "probably" add that code to your existing app although I won't be able to help you with that because I have very little knowledge on how to work with Android Studio.

Best regards,
    Shinx

34. pako

pako

Hello everyone,

I have just made a post to Unity's Feedback forum titled:
    "Reinstate support for Android Live Wallpapers".

I did this in effort to bring back support for Android Live Wallpapers to Unity's current versions. In order for this idea (post) to receive Unity's attention it must be voted as much as possible. Each of us has up to 10 votes in total to give to all ideas we like and we can give more than 1 vote to each idea. So, if you want to support this idea, please vote it as much as possible (and tell your friends too :)).

Here is the link:
    http://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/reinstate-support-for-android-live-wallpapers

Thanks!

35. shinx

shinx

Just voted :)
    I will also add your post to my website. This way we can get more users to vote.

pako likes this.
  36. Bridget

Bridget

I would like to ask for some help. I have already created my wallpaper, everything is ok, it works. But i would like to add some individual settings. Normally at the settings I have "rotate cubes", "double tap" and "simulate swipe". How can I add new options to the settings? :);)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  37. shinx

shinx

Hello,

I have some tutorials that will help you get started :) Please contact me using this form
    Best regards,
    Shinx

38. wahyuway

wahyuway

Just back using Unity3D to create my another live wallpaper and still not support yet for latest version of unity3D :(
    Done voted.

39. _Tauti_

_Tauti_

40. jjay

jjay

Hello.
    Any updates with Unity 4.6Beta?

41. shinx

shinx

42. tusharjasoliya

tusharjasoliya

I am using unity 4.5.x and i read that this plugin support till unity 4.0.1
    please make it compatible for higher version.
    I want to buy this plugin.

43. shinx

shinx

Hi,

The latest versions of Unity don’t support the creating of live wallpapers. When we initialize the UnityPlayer class Unity crashes (fatal sig 11). It doesn't even reach Uni2LwP engine.

Please read this and vote :) http://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/reinstate-support-for-android-live-wallpapers

Best regards,
    Shinx

44. tusharjasoliya

tusharjasoliya

45. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

omg, so in the past, unity have amazing plugin for creating live wallpaper!!
    so basically, you can create anything in unity for live wallpaper?? that's too amazing and overpowered!
    i can already imagine the posibility to create LWP using shuriken particle system (it still supported till 4.0 right?)

i already vote, i hope this amazing asset got noticed by unity-senpai

46. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Yes, with Uni2LwP you create Live Wallpapers using Unity 4.0/4.0.1 and even using lower versions (3.4.2/3.5.7).
    Thank you for voting. Let's hope Unity fixes the issue with the libraries in ver. 5.0.

Best regards,
    Shinx

47. Erhan61

Erhan61

48. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

why is unity get 50% discount at this asset despite that this asset doesn't get full support from them and they looks like abandoning it? -___-"
    weird move, reeeeeeaaaaallyyyy weird move unity.

hey unity, please support this asset before giving it price cut -__-"
    i really unsure as i should buy this or not in it's current state...
    it'll be amazing if this asset support 2D Sprite and unity GUI as well...

49. Frank3D

Frank3D

Is possible to create an option in the settings menu where you can change a GUIText or 3DText?
    For example,I have a 3dtext called "Hello World" and the user can change it going to the settings menu and writting his own text.
    Thank you very much.
    Regards and congratulations for your awesome asset!!

50. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Yes, it's possible. Contact me using this form and I will help you get started.

Best regards,
    Shinx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.