Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Uni2D tool: A new amazing way to create 2D games in Unity!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Bento-Studio, Jul 6, 2012.

1. WitchLake

WitchLake

Assets/Root/Plugins/Uni2D/Sprite/Scripts/SmoothBinding/Uni2DEditorSmoothBindingGUI.cs(772,86): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.Undo' does not contain a definition for `RegisterSetTransformParentUndo'

Well it seems that Uni2D doesn't work with Unity 4.3 :)

2. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@teamkrinoid @WitchLake Check for the new release Uni2D v2.0.3. This will fix your problem but please don't forget to backup your project before upgrading!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

4. LandonC

LandonC

Hi bento, I have encountered an error but I have no idea how it occurred. I have created a character with custom pivot points and bones for rigging and added animations to them but when I opened the project file this morning, every pivot point is set to the middle center and all the parts are not responding to any changes. I'm using Unity 4.0 by the way. I tried restarting Unity, creating new projects, reimporting the plugin but error is still there. The changes I can remember when working with the project before this happened was creating atlas to the character. Please help!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  5. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I'm considering buying this but I am wondering if you can do the Jiggle that I am seeing in the New Features that "Spine" is releasing this month? It's about Mid way through the video.They us it to add Jiggle and bounce to the chest and belly of several characters.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  6. brain56

brain56

Hi. I need a tutorial on how to change the Sprite Texture of a Uni2DSprite in real time via code. Can you please provide it? Thanks. Please e-mail to brian.lee@aninogames.com.

7. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Looked like too much Fun to Resist, So I just purchased Uni2d. :)

I agree with brain56, I would love to see how you did the clothing switching in the Main video on your site. Also the features I mentioned in a previous post about "Spine", I would like to see the same features in Uni2d.

8. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@timelord Hello, Yes unfortunaltely it's a known problem with the structure of the package and JS.
    Did you try to remove the Uni2D "Root" folder by moving its content inside the real "Root" asset folder.
    This will solve your problem.

9. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

10. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@SoloChristian We don't have FFD but you can do this by using a starting node of a bone.
    To do this just create a normal bone and destroy it to keep the starting node of the bone chain.
    Constraint all the part you don't want to see moving and you'll get the effects you look for.

11. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Thanks for the Quick Response. What about the Walk-Thru Tut on Item / Clothing switching that was mentioned.

12. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I'm starting with Uni2D today, But I had one quick question have watching more of your videos. If I use a bone to create FFD it would need Vertices at that location. Can you manually add Vertices and adjust the meshes Uni2d creates???

Also would like more NFO on Skinning. How easy is it to re-use walk and run cycles with multiple characters?

13. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Ok I have emailed your main site and thought I would post again here. There is a feature shown in you video that I Absolutely need to learn to build this 2d avatar system I have to create. See image below. I really need the NFO as SOON as Possible Please.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  14. Deleted User

Deleted User

thanks.

if using animated vertex sprites, is there any point in using an atlas? does it help in other ways besides batching? i.e. faster loading / less objects in memory etc?

thanks

15. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@SoloChrisian: Mail sent.

16. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@newbiegreg
    There is no particular big improvement but it's always a good idea for the GPU to have a big texture rather than numerous small one.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

With a skinned mesh in uni2d, do you have to use the legacy animation system using curves, or can you use the newer system in 4.3 using animation controller / animator window / mecanim ? thanks!

18. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

With Uni2D 2.0.3 on Unity4.3, you must use the new animation system. The leagacy animation system is no more supported.

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

do you mean mecanim, or just the new animation window? been trying to get animation working using the animation window, setting keyframes and curves for bone rotation, but nothing works in 4.3 with uni2d 2.0.3

20. johnny12345

johnny12345

It would be great to have some of the features in uni2d that spine has,to be able to create meshes and assign verts to bones would be great

21. heyCrabman

heyCrabman

Will there be a documentation on how to setup a bipedal skeletal setup?

22. teamkrinoid

teamkrinoid

Having a strange issue with loading scenes with uni2d objects in them.

After updating Uni2D and Unity to the latest versions and downloading a fresh copy of my project from my repository, opening up any scene with uni2dsprites takes an incredibly long amount of time (2-3 hours).

When loading the scene, it has a loading cursor for about 1 second, then turns to a normal cursor, then back to a loading cursor repeating for hours. I decided to check the edtior.log file to see what was taking so long for it to load, and it seems to be scanning over the scene and checking each asset and updating something. The weird thing is, it seems to be scanning each asset multiple times, which could possibly be why it is taking so long? After the lengthy load, it doesnt take long to open again and everything is normal. I just lost a day of work trying to load a scene I needed to be working on today to watch a loading cursor turn on and off for two hours before I could even touch the scene.

I thought maybe it has to rebuild each individual sprite asset, but the sprite layouts are clearly visible in the scene/game view when this is happening, so it shouldn't be needing to rebuild them.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this situation? It is really slowing down the progress of my game. Here is a sample of what the editor log is spitting out when this is happening:

23. LandonC

LandonC

Hi Bento, I just updated the uni2d plugin on unity 4.2 and when I did, all my uni2D sprites which were previously created with my old version of uni2d, had change in their pivot points and scale. Is this supposed to happen?

24. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@heyCrabman No unfortunately sorry :/

@teamkrinoid, @LandonC, We don't know how to reproduce this behavior, please send your projets at the contact mail address

@newbiegreg We just have updated to 2.0.4 this solve al the animation pb with the new animator Unity's feature, Enjoy!

25. teamkrinoid

teamkrinoid

Alright Bento, I can put together a simple project that illustrates the problem and send it your way tomorrow. Racking my brain over this problem currently...have a few more workarounds to try to fix the issue in the mean time.

26. hong88

hong88

Hi, I found that prefab does not apply the changes every time i press apply . It will revert back whatever i save into project. Even I drag the game object into project, it will auto enable the skinned mesh that I disable. It really annoying for me so I hope to fix this bugs.

P.S: Unity 4.2.2f1, uni2d v2.0.3

27. Chazede

Chazede

Ive been trying to work out for a while where in which script i would change the default rigidbody constraints, change position to y and rotation to x and z.
    its just annoying having to change it on each prefab after i update it.
    could you help me?

charlie

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

thanks bento.

about swapping textures, i'd like to be able to pick between normal and retina textures (the uni2d sprite made with non retina scale textures).

i can add this to a uni2d sprite
    renderer.material.mainTexture = texture;

which will swap in the texture, however it means both textures are in memory, the 1x size texture when the sprite is created, and the 2x retina texture when swapped in.

the material that is created for a uni2d sprite, do you know if its possible to unlink it from the texture, so that you decide which texture to load?

is it possible to use your own material with a uni2d sprite instead of the one generated?

thanks

29. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Hello,

@hong88 @Chazede Unfortunately there is no native workaround about this yet.

@Chazede You have to set a runtime script overriding at runtime with this script that we've made for you:
    http://www.bento-studio.com/AssetStore/Uni2D/Forum/RigidbodyOverride.cs.cs

@hong88 Same point here, you have to set a runtime script overriding the parameters at runtime with this:
    http://www.bento-studio.com/AssetStore/Uni2D/Forum/SkinnedMeshOverride.cs

@newbiegreg Yes you can override materials with the "shared material" item placed on the top of the uni2D's inspector in the main section.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  30. Frantico

Frantico

Is this asset fully compatible with the new unity 2d functions. Like are you using the new Box2D physics instead of the physx you used before? and full support for the new animation?

31. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Hello,

Not yet for the physic, but we use the new animation system.
    Cheers.

32. Frantico

Frantico

Okay thanks, but do you know when then? because that's a big decider if I am going too buy your tools or not

33. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

@Bento-Studio

Quick question:
    Do you also provide a 2d third person style character controller script example for skeletal animated 2d character with Uni2D asset Package?:
    something that handles front, back, sides and angle animations?

or do we need to figure that out ourselves.

thanks.

34. ianjgrant

ianjgrant

Hi, just deciding whether to purchase and I have a couple of questions: I have a digital shadow puppetry system that is currently using chains of rigid-bodies (both [new Unity] 2D and 3D) in Unity 4.3. With some issues I need to resolve:

Will the physics / bone system in Uni2D allow me to

[1] Replicate the connected sprite chains approach with bones (here's an image to show this more easy than describing it. Each segment is a sprite in Unity 2D..

$dragon.png

[2] with Uni2D will the sprite and physics colliders rotate 180 around Y (the Unity 2D system leaves 2D collider behind when the whole hierarchy rotates)

[3] Will the Uni2D sprite and physics colliders and joints scale (Unity 3D Physics objects when chained in a hierarchy do not scale properly - the anchor centres all shift and break the object)?

And lastly,

[4] can the bones be animated in real-time (and maybe with an IK target) be pulled around, say with a touch or the mouse?

Thanks in advance! I love the look of the skeletal bone system and may buy Uni2D even if 1-4 don't work as I need!

Kind regards, Ian

35. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@Frantico No we have not planned release date.

@3D Omelette Studio Hello, No unfortunately, there is no included controller shipped with the plugin

@ianjgrant Hello,
    1: Yes no problem
    2: Yes the collider rotate according with the sprites but in Unity 2D it will works too.
    3: You can scale the bones but not yet with the collider; The next version will allowing you to do this. (send a mail to the support to test in a pre-version)
    4: Yes sure but Uni2D have no IK nor other features

36. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

Found a Typo in the Doc:
    "eventInfos" isn´t existant in "frame"

instead it has to be:
    "frameInfos"

Quick Question:
    i want the Sprite to be changed after an animation...
    I tried it now with:
    Code (csharp):
    1. ThisSprite.gameObject.renderer.material.mainTexture = OpenSprite;
    But that´s not working..
    How do i archive a sprite change?

37. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Hello,

The best thing you have to do for swapping sprites is to create multiple animation clip corresponding to each states and after this, switching between them by using sprite.spriteAnimation.Play("myClip");

About the code problem indeed you're right there is a mistake in the documentation this will be corrected in the next update.

Cheers.

38. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

39. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

hi Bento..

Question:
    Is there a better tutorial for bone animation than this documentation?

My character is made out of really small pieces:
    $Chara_Base_AtlasTexture0.png
    << Direct Link >>

And i´ve no clue how to animate it with Uni2D.. the Doc barely describes the controls, but not the workflow ._.

40. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Hello,

We are working on a new tutorial for Uni2D 2.1 even if we currently haven't release date.
    Remember you can still send us a mail or describe more in depth where you are stuck and we will try to help you!

41. kilik128

kilik128

what's up for 2.1 and when can see him :)

42. manera

manera

Hi,

We are using Uni2D in our new project and we came across an issue that we need help to find the solution: our main character was created by our artist guy in a test scene and it's working fine there with all the 3 animations he created so far.

Now I need to put this character in the gameplay scene. The issue is when I try to copy and paste the character game object it gets copied not in the right way, because some game objects states are different (for example, some scripts are disabled and becomes enabled after paste). I know prefabs aren't supported so that's why I tried to copy and paste from one scene to the other.

There's a way to copy this? And also, anyone knows what is the best pipeline for this kind of thing? I wish I don't have to tell my artist to work in the gameplay scene, because this way I would have to deal with scene conflicts.

Thanks in advance!

43. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@manera

Hi,

This question has already been discussed and indeed, we need from our side a better implementation of what is controlled by the sprite.

Before we improve the plugin, you will find here a small work around that correct this point.
    http://www.bento-studio.com/AssetSto...ceIsTrigger.cs

This script allows you to override the component you want to be active/deactivated on your Uni2D sprite.
    Please note that you have to drop this script for EACH objects that need to be supported.

Apologize for the inconvenience and we will work to find a better solution in the future!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  44. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@ kilik128 Still working on a tutorial you'll have some news soon!

45. AdrianST

AdrianST

That link doesn't seem to work for me.

46. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

47. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

wrote you a PM a while ago, but still have no answer to it..
    So i want to ask if it's in your Inbox or if the forum ate it?

48. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Sorry we don't receive notification on PM and I don't check them.. I'll answer you right now

49. r2digi

r2digi

Hi we have been testing uni2d for a few weeks now and are pretty happy with it and just bought it. working on moving all our character animations to it. we're having one small problem though that when we try to save our animations to prefab, for some random piece of the animation the mesh for the Mesh Filter and Skinned Mesh Renderer will get "none"'d out.....we have to manualy go find it and reattach it but things stop working prettty quickly.

also every time we turn a uni2d animation into a prefab, an extra instance it gets created at our scene root level.

any ideas? would be appreciated it. these two issues are the only ones really keeping us from using uni2d.

we're using unity4.5 and uni2d2.0.4

50. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Hello,

Thanks for using Uni2D!!
    Did you see any errors in the console?