Search Unity

unet status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tiggus, Oct 21, 2014.

1. tiggus

tiggus

Wondering if there have been more blogs or updates on Unet since the original announcement. Is it part of the Unity 5.0 beta? If so I would preorder yesterday to take a look at it.

2. Ferazel

Ferazel

It is not planned until the 5.x release (aka not 5.0). You'll have to wait. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with as well. The talk at Unite was a pretty good starting point!

3. jashan

jashan

It will probably still take a while. Certainly it will not ship with 5.0 (at least that's what they said in one of the Unite videos IIRC). Also AFAIK, the Unity 5.0 beta isn't even public, yet (also not for people that have pre-ordered). But that's supposed to become available fairly soon and is definitely worth it already (but of course, the new Unity Networking is something that's currently clearly missing ;-) ).

4. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

IIRC they said it was for the 5.x release just not 5.0, maybe 5.6 or something might have it.

5. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Unity has a decent networking solution right now for people familiar with RPCs... but the tutorials are all very old and I can't wait to see some new ones! Does anyone know how the new system may differ from setting up RPC functions? Hopefully it's something valuable to people doing most of the work in code instead of having to set up a network in the inspector lol.

6. tiggus

tiggus

Tomnnn likes this.
  7. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

I'll look into it, thanks.

8. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

Hello! Have a talk, from one of our Unet developers, that was delivered at Unite 2014 a few months ago:

HeadClot88 likes this.
  9. Zeblote

Zeblote

Around 5 minutes some web services are mentioned - like a general purpose matchmaker and stuff. The integration for these is a seperate C# extension and can be disabled, right?