Search Unity

Unable to select Android platform

Discussion in 'Android' started by alphabeta314, Dec 6, 2015.

1. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

Running Unity Personal (64bit) it says PC,Mac&Linux Standalone <DX11> in title bar.

When I try to build for Android, it does not show the modues.

File->Build Settings, if I select Android, it says "No Android Module Loaded"

Indeed, it ONLY shows PC/Mac/Linux and web player as options which can be selected?

I do the basic cube demo, and try
    Edit->Project Settings->Player, and it only has tabs for web and PC,Mac/Linux

HELP?? Is there something else I need to download?

FYI I have Android Studio running and building apps for Android, I have the SDK loaded and running in Android studio, so I can build apps using Android Studio fine, just not with unity.

2. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

What Unity version?

3. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

both 5.2.3f1 and 5.3.0f2

4. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

upload_2015-12-6_11-57-22.png
    Heres the Edit->Project Settings->Player, note only two tabs, the web and the downarrow for PC,Mac&lINUX

5. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

upload_2015-12-6_12-12-30.png
    Heres what happens when I click on Android in File->Build Settings

Eli_To4ka likes this.
  6. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

OK, it only happens with 5.3.0f2, I uninstalled and reinstalled 5.2.3f1 and the options are there

7. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

Unity 5.3 only has a few platforms downloaded and installed by default. In the installer you need to check the platforms you need.

8. kuos

kuos

So how do we go about getting those platforms after installation? Apparently Unity 5.3 introduced a flawed User Experience since we the users cannot figure this out and cannot do so even after installation. Were you guys trying to save space and opted in for confusion? For the people who don't want it, they should have the option to deslect platforms rather than users having to select extra platforms. I argue this from previous Unity Versions and i suddenly cannot build my android applications.

BadSeedProductions likes this.
  9. urujkhan

urujkhan

wasting lots of time to solve the problems of new unity versions
    i have download 5.3 in windows 32 bit...it says all features are not allowed in 32 bit..
    okay i have installed 64 bit..then it comes build settings problems and monodevelop problems

10. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

I still can't see how unity missed introducing this one... :D I haven't used 5.3 yet, but I've seen screens of the installer, of which shows a section where you pick the components to install, including which platforms to use.

But yea, having a default "selected all platforms" option probably would have been nice. But then again, having that would mean VS 2015 (a 32GB download with everything included in install!) would start downloading itself with NO warning!

dannaah likes this.
  11. Funtownarcade

Funtownarcade

I was confused too because I usually think of the .exe you first download as the installer, but it is actually a "download assistant" that is under 1 meg, so if you deleted it its easy to re-get. When you open it you don't need to re-download or re-install Unity you can uncheck everything except for "Android build support" and it will download it into your existing install pretty easily and it solves the "No Android Module Loaded" problem.

brij47 likes this.
  12. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Yes, unfortunately it's easy to overlook for some! :p
    It's actually a pitty they dropped XP support, because one of my laptops would have had a space saver right there. (It's got a really small SSD for it's system drive)

UPDATE: Not that it matters anyway, I have windows 7 on that thing now.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  13. diegorts

diegorts

14. swogdog

swogdog

So I'm still confused. I have some projects that have plugins that require a 32-bit installation, and the only way to get that version to install is to get it from the Unity Download Archive. But when I install via that route, it's just an exe installer with no place to add android and ios support. How do I add android and ios build support to a version I downloaded from Unity Download Archive?

EDIT: found info needed on main thread here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/5-3-released.372567/page-9

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  15. Lucas7CL

Lucas7CL

Hi, I have been stucked almost 2 days just trying to make an Android deployment using the 32 bit unity version. Have download the patches but can´t load the android manager. I got same problems of Swogdog.

16. mathewsbabu

mathewsbabu

Use this link to download the download assist..
    http://unity3d.com/get-unity/download?ref=personal
    then select only android deployment..it will download the required files..and will reflect on your unity 5.3.2f1(in my case) straight away.Ansd the preferences will also have options for android sdk,jdk etc..

Hope this will help..Worked for me

17. faraz

faraz

18. SangPhan77

SangPhan77

Yeah, select platforms you want to build

Attached Files:

19. jlegrice

jlegrice

I was really expecting to be able to do this from the module manager.

Draco18s likes this.
  20. dj2121

dj2121

You can download the "Download Assistant" of the same Unity3d version and un-select everything except the "Android Build Module".

Then select the path of your unity Installation. This way you won't need to re-install whole of unity.

lucy3610 likes this.
  21. brij47

brij47

Thanks man

22. saliha_bilal56

saliha_bilal56

I'm using Unity 5.3.0.f4 64 bit version. I've downloaded the Android build support many times. I have added the external tools> Android SDK and JDK. But I'm still getting "No Android Module Loaded " problem. what else can be wrong?

23. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Maybe you're not installing the required module? :D
    Make sure your download assistant looks like this (excuse Window's AWFUL checkboxes... C'mon MS, it's 2016, not 1999!)
    Unity_Setup_Android.PNG
    Just make sure that's ticked in your download assistant, and it should work.

24. saliha_bilal56

saliha_bilal56

yes, this is the same one. It downloads and launches unity but still not solving my problem.

25. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Are you sure the versions match? the version of the unity download assistant needs to match the unity version installed.

santoshssmech likes this.
  26. mohOsama

mohOsama

Simple solution
    do you know ?
    you're a perfect man

27. dcarl661

dcarl661

the problem is that after you use the download manager and reinstall android build it only works one time. that is when you close unity (5.6.0f3) then later re-open the project the android build settings are Gone again!

28. mohitatray

mohitatray

I have the same problem in Ubuntu 19.10. I have installed Unity and android build support via Unity Hub. But I get the same text "No Android module loaded." when I open Build Settings>Android. Also in my preferences>External Tools, there is no option to set android sdk location!
    Also in "module manager", I do not find any android module!
    And yeah, according to unity hub, my android build support and unity are of same version