Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to launch Unity Web Player

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hsukhani, Nov 23, 2014.

1. hsukhani

hsukhani

Tried to install Unity Web Player multiple times and it always fails in installing and running even with the various solutions posted here. So went through the forums and someone stated to try running the installer in administrator mode, it worked but unity web player states error in running unity please install manually. So tried another solution were someone stated to run the browser in admin mode and unity web player started working. Problem is that with running unity web player in administrator mode is making it impossible for me to do anything else on the machine as it consuming a lot of the system resources and memory. I have unity web player on my other machines and it installed fine with no issues. Please help in resolving this issue.

Here is the error log that I get from Unity:

[1121/230638:ERROR:client_util.cc(328)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
    [1121/233147:ERROR:client_util.cc(328)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
    [1122/211408:ERROR:client_util.cc(328)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded

2. wizardious

wizardious

Does it work in other browsers? eg...Internet explorer, Firefox?

3. hsukhani

hsukhani

This issue is for all browsers, if I don't run them in admin mode, unity player won't launch.

4. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

This may be a problem with your machine since you stated it's fine on others. Have you tried running other web player applications on this machine, does your machine have DX9 graphics?

5. faust

faust

I'm seeing something like this in a fairly specific case...

Symptom:
    When visiting any webpage with Unity Web Player content, the page shows "unity web player install now!" button. Installing web player does not make the button go away on subsequent reload of same website.

Where:
    Appears to only be a problem on Chrome browser on OS X Mavericks. (Happens on *two* of my computers running OS X Mavericks) [EDIT: Problem occurs on Yosemite also.]

Does not happen on:
    Safari
    Firefox
    Chrome on Windows 8.1
    [EDIT: Plug-in actually fails for Chrome on OS X Yosemite

I was able to see Web Player content yesterday. This problem first appeared after installing the Unity 4.6 update. (Not a problem with Unity 4.6 RC3).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  6. tanru

tanru

I'm having the same issue with the new player on my mac. Comes up fine in Safari, but does not load in Chrome. Just keeps prompting me to install the player again. I'm running OS X Yosemite.

7. faust

faust

Followup: Initially it appeared to be working on OS X Yosemite for me, but once the plugin was up-to-date it no longer worked. This includes a mac I updated to Yosemite just yesterday.

8. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Chrome on OSX switched to 64bit recently and thus our 32bit plugin won't work any longer with it.
    We'll be releasing the 64bit osx plugin with 4.6.1.

9. hsukhani

hsukhani

I have direct x installed and played other games with no issues.
    Few other players installed and no issues with them (shockwave, flash, wild tangent).