Search Unity

Ummm I think I broke it

Discussion in '2D' started by Trini-V-Games, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Trini-V-Games

Trini-V-Games

Okay folks, I have an error in my project and have no idea where to post this.

I was building my game and following a guide when I decided to take a moment to organize my work and moved some code files around. After doing so I was greeted with an error popup(can't remember what it said) and unity crashed. After this I opened it up again and tried editing my animations but they had vanished.

I figured no big deal simple Sprite animations I can build those again so I click "create" for the new animation clip and am greeted by this error report:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowUtility.AddClipToAnimatorComponent (UnityEngine.Animator animator, UnityEngine.AnimationClip newClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowUtility.cs:535)
    UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowUtility.AddClipToAnimationPlayerComponent (UnityEngine.Component animationPlayer, UnityEngine.AnimationClip newClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowUtility.cs:515)
    UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowUtility.EnsureAnimationPlayerHasClip (UnityEngine.Component animationPlayer) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowUtility.cs:509)
    UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowUtility.InitializeGameobjectForAnimation (UnityEngine.GameObject animatedObject) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowUtility.cs:476)
    UnityEditor.AnimEditor.SetupWizardOnGUI (Rect position) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimEditor.cs:280)
    UnityEditor.AnimEditor.MainContentOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimEditor.cs:137)
    UnityEditor.AnimEditor.OnBreadcrumbGUI (UnityEditor.EditorWindow parent, Rect position) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimEditor.cs:113)
    UnityEditor.AnimationWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindow.cs:47)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Edit: I would also like to say I cannot access the functions of my animation or animator windows for Unity 5.2.3f1 because of this error

Edit 2: completely uninstalled unity, deleted the project file, and reinstalled unity. Now it is fixed so I guess that is one way to fix an issue

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015