Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UMA - Unity Multipurpose Avatar on the Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FernandoRibeiro, Dec 24, 2013.

1. adventurefan

adventurefan

I've been messing with bone based cloth physics with UMA. Fun stuff. It requires another asset but it's a cheap one.

Apolyon6k and Grave174 like this.
  2. hopeful

hopeful

Glad to see it! I was thinking of taking the same route, with the same asset. :)

3. Hazor

Hazor

Anyone managed to use the source code DLL with 4.5.1f3 ? i am getting this even on clean projects..

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

4. neoshaman

neoshaman

Yes, but Fernando told us we could not have both, the point was to show that maybe we can have both, mix and match and keep compatibility?

It's also a pipeline problem and flexibility problem, bone are cool but you can't do everything blend shape can do, and you still need occasionally corrective blendshape, which is what I was thinking of. For example how well bone style facial animation handle pouting?

edit:

Makehuman is also working on a facial rig

5. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello,

I'm new to all this and am using your UMA character system. I wanted to add additional animations to the basic UMA character. I saw a lot of "ready made" anmation packages i the unity asset store

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3853

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/9011

Anybody knows how I can take the animations in those packages above and make them work with UMA? Is there like a demo video on how to do it, because I dont really know anything about animations, or how to tell it using a script which animation to start/stop etc.

thanks
    nsmith

6. hopeful

hopeful

This looks pretty cool. :)

7. Erisat

Erisat

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/MecanimAnimationSystem.html
    http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/animation

and adventurefan, that cape looks really nice :D
    what is this asset you mention? can you post a link here, or pm a link to me? I would like to check it out, as I was pondering ways to do that same thing, but haven't looked into it as it's pretty low on my priority list. Good to see that i don't have to re-invent the wheel though :p
    Is the cape itself added as a slotdata through uma? or is it a separate object with parenting or something (which is the way ive seen most people do capes, by parenting to points on the shoulder and then adding cloth physics or whatever unity calls it)?

8. hopeful

hopeful

As it says on the video, the asset is "Dynamic Bone." It was a 24hr sale item a few days ago, but the regular price isn't bad.

Erisat likes this.
  9. Erisat

Erisat

oh lol, i watched the vid and idk how i even missed that. I was looking at the cape not the text i guess lol, thanks for pointing that out.

10. Erisat

Erisat

hey guys, i've been struggling with this issue for about a week now (only started occuring a week ago, i've been using the same script for months, no changes made) while sending umatextrecipe over network through rpc. maybe one of you can help me out, heres my forum post on the subject: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-crashes-using-uma-sending-textrecipe-through-rpc-call.253275/

i find it very odd that just commenting the code out, building, uncommenting the code, and building again seems to just magically fix it. I'm at a loss. If there's something wrong with my code, it shouldn't work ever. not just sometimes. Hope somebody can point me in the right direction.

11. adventurefan

adventurefan

At this point it's a separate model with bones, and I parent it to the UMA model's bone, like under Spine1 works ok for a cape. Then you apply dynamic bone to the new model, and I prefer to always use bone 2 in the chain so the first behaves more like a solid anchor for the rest. Then in the settings you can get quite a bit of variation in physics behavior so you can play around with that. It also comes with colliders that you can place on other bones to avoid clipping and keep the effect hitting against the character looking good.

Now it would actually work another way too, if we add new bones into the old UMA skeleton model's structure and have a slot. However I don't know exactly what needs to be done on the UMA side to setup additional bones and a slot that works with them. UnLogick should know the answer but he's pretty busy right now I hear and I'm too busy to just trial and error it.

12. Gimulnautti

Gimulnautti

Hi. Good stuff!

For me it fails to make RaceInspector and SlotInspector available, thus the editors break. In the RaceInspector case this is especially problematic since it seems that custom RaceData objects don't deserialize (or serialize to disk) correctly and the racePrefab field is left blank. Can't correct it and will result in broken uma avatars on create.

The error message is simply: "Instance of RaceInspector couldn't be created because there is no script with that name." Of course, the RaceInspector.cs file is where is should be..

13. cyby89

cyby89

You must replace UMAEditor.dll with the source code aswell.

I have also updated the script to make it work with the latest version of UMA from github. It also includes some checks to make sure that nothing will break. You can get the source code of the updated version here. I also made a pull-request to the official repository.

14. Gimulnautti

Gimulnautti

Yes. I have replaced UMAEditor.dll also, but perhaps it's a problem with the latest version instead. Thanks for the update!

15. Hazor

Hazor

I am trying to follow the custom race tutorial but i am stuck on this. Any idea where to start to look?

My parts and unified models have the same skeleton structure and joint names...

Thanks a lot !

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UMAEditor.UMATextureImporterUtil.FindGlobalBone (UnityEngine.Transform bone) (at Assets/UMAEditor/UMATextureImporterUtil.cs:271)
    UMAEditor.UMATextureImporterUtil.FindGlobalBone (UnityEngine.Transform bone) (at Assets/UMAEditor/UMATextureImporterUtil.cs:272)
    UMAEditor.UMATextureImporterUtil.FindGlobalBone (UnityEngine.Transform bone) (at Assets/UMAEditor/UMATextureImporterUtil.cs:272)
    UMAEditor.UMATextureImporterUtil.ExtractNewBones (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer newMesh, UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer oldMesh) (at Assets/UMAEditor/UMATextureImporterUtil.cs:265)
    UMAEditor.UMATextureImporterUtil.CreateSlotData (System.String slotFolder, System.String assetFolder, System.String assetName, UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer mesh, UnityEngine.Material material, UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer prefabMesh) (at Assets/UMAEditor/UMATextureImporterUtil.cs:250)
    UMAEditor.UmaTexturePrepareWindow.CreateSlot_Internal () (at Assets/UMAEditor/UmaTexturePrepareWindow.cs:189)
    UMAEditor.UmaTexturePrepareWindow.CreateSlot () (at Assets/UMAEditor/UmaTexturePrepareWindow.cs:158)
    UMAEditor.UmaTexturePrepareWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/UMAEditor/UmaTexturePrepareWindow.cs:134)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Edit: Solved by rerooting unified and parted model to bone "hips" in Maya.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  16. tomi-trescak

tomi-trescak

UMA fellas, this may be the wrong forum, but I am using UMA for quite some time and am more of a programmer than designer. In our project I need to generate avatars with different hair. UMA comes with 2 hair for women and none for men. Do you know of a way of how to create hair, compatible with uma, similar to the one here?:
    (video has one year and is from Fernando)

17. tomi-trescak

tomi-trescak

Where do you guys upload this? On Asses store there is the same version for quite some time? How do I update UMA? Thanks!

18. cyby89

cyby89

You can get the latest version here: https://github.com/huika/UMA
    But keep in mind that this version is not an offical release. Things may change or work unexpected.

You can get the latest content pack with the werewolf race here https://github.com/huika/UMA-Extrafiles

19. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Hi Fernando,

Congratulations for the fantastic work you did with Uma, you are very generous and talented.

I have a few questions and i have gone thru all the thread and i didn't find any clear answer about this so here what i want to know:

We were looking at the Atavism online asset and it is already supporting Uma so my question is : Take note that i am a 15 years 3ds max veteran and i am excellent at character design, rigging and animation so you can talk the technical jargon with me, here my question :

Is it possible to completely replace the Uma character both male&female with our own custom character mesh already rig in 3ds max with max bones system and if positive can you point me out in the right direction the fastest possible way?

I don't know if possible but we also would like to replace the complete bones structure system for mesh deformation with our own deformation system all done with max bones system and possibly morph for facial animation since unity now support morphing?

Thank for any reply or help you can provide

20. mikezenox

mikezenox

How do I go about changing a specific overlay? I can update it's color using slotdatalist[].getoverlay().color, but so far I have had to instantiate a new slot in place of the desired one to replace the overlay and I would like to avoid doing this if possible. Anyone have any experience with this? RemoveOverlay seems to leave me with more errors than a solution.

21. Jesse_Pixelsmith

Jesse_Pixelsmith

I'm in the middle of trying to learn UMA and picked up a third party tool called UMAzing and an armor pack off the asset store. I'm trying to use the armor set with little success. Specifically I want to be able to toggle a piece of armor on and off (switching from shirt or barechest to breastplate)

Here I added a new slot and overlay to the Libraries. It looks like the Slot and Overlay are being identified, but the texture coordinates are wrong. However in the example scene for the Armor asset, where the characters are dynamically generated it looks fine. I don't readily see a difference between the Slot/Overlay libraries when comparing these scenes.

It's very likely I missed some kind of step to set this stuff up correctly - if so I'd love to know what that might be!

Cheers,
    Jesse

22. Prophet6989

Prophet6989

Hi everyone! I'm trying to make possible to use single clothes with different avatars, that made by designer in 3dmax/maya. It is possible with UMA? I mean use model avatar, not procedural avatar and fit one t-shirt to many model avatars?

23. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Yes. If you use the UMA base models as a guide, and rig all of your clothing to match them, they should work on any avatars of the same race. You need to download the Content Creator Pack, and then follow LaneFox's video tutorial to rig and export the clothes you create into Unity. The tutorial uses 3ds Max, but it should be adaptable to Maya as well. I also posted a few pointers a few pages back to help out: Slots, Overlays, and Material Builder Tips

There are lots of other helpful posts in this forum, so it might be useful to check out some of the rest as well.

24. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

When alt-tabbing a full screen game, the Render Textures used by UMA are lost.

Is this a known issue? Should UMA be checking "isCreated" every frame?

From the Unity manual on Render Textures:
    Here is what it looks like after alt-tabbing:

25. hopeful

hopeful

I've seen UMA have problems after resizing the window in the official demos for a long time, so my guess is it's a known issue.

26. cyby89

cyby89

I wrote the following work around, without touching UMA.dll
    Just add the following script and replace UMAGenerator with it.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UMA;
    6. /// <summary>
    7. /// Its important to run this script before the default time.
    8. /// When we add a new umaData at the same frame, before Update() of this class is called, UMA will not render the avatar properly.
    9. /// </summary>
    10. public class UMAGeneratorEx : UMAGenerator
    11. {
    12.     private List<UMAData> umaDataCache = new List<UMAData>();
    14.     private bool fullScreen;
    15.     private int width;
    16.     private int height;
    17.     private int qualityLevel;
    18.     private bool lostFocus;
    19.     private int vsync;
    21.     public bool updateOnScreenChange = true;
    23.     void Start ()
    24.     {
    25.         DetectChanges();
    26.     }
    28.     // detect on late update, because we cannot override private Update() method
    29.     void LateUpdate()
    30.     {
    31.         if (updateOnScreenChange)
    32.         {
    33.             if (DetectChanges())
    34.             {
    35.                 foreach(UMAData umaData in umaDataCache)
    36.                 {
    37.                     umaData.isTextureDirty = true;
    38.                     addDirtyUMA(umaData);
    39.                 }
    40.             }
    41.         }
    42.     }
    44.     public bool DetectChanges()
    45.     {
    46.         bool dirty =  fullScreen != Screen.fullScreen
    47.                 || width != Screen.width
    48.                 || height != Screen.height
    49.                 || qualityLevel != QualitySettings.GetQualityLevel()
    50.                 || lostFocus
    51.                 || vsync != QualitySettings.vSyncCount;
    53.         fullScreen = Screen.fullScreen;
    54.         width = Screen.width;
    55.         height = Screen.height;
    56.         qualityLevel = QualitySettings.GetQualityLevel();
    57.         lostFocus = false;
    58.         vsync = QualitySettings.vSyncCount;
    60.         return dirty;
    61.     }
    63.     void OnApplicationFocus(bool focusStatus)
    64.     {
    65.         if (focusStatus)
    66.         {
    67.             lostFocus = true;
    68.         }
    69.     }
    71.     public override void addDirtyUMA(UMA.UMAData umaToAdd)
    72.     {
    73.         if (!umaDataCache.Contains(umaToAdd))
    74.         {
    75.             umaDataCache.Add(umaToAdd);
    76.         }
    78.         base.addDirtyUMA (umaToAdd);
    79.     }
    80. }

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  27. Fawfulfan

Fawfulfan

Hi, our dev team is currently trying to implement an entirely new character control system for the UMA avatar, complete with custom animations, and we're curious exactly how the default animation works. Where are the animations stored, and how are they called and used?

28. adventurefan

adventurefan

The animation system is Unity's mecanim system. You can add new animations in the Animator window in Unity by opening the controller file "locomotion.controller" that's usually with UMA demos, or make a new controller file. You can find mecanim useage tutorials on youtube, etc...

29. FernandoRibeiro

FernandoRibeiro

Hi there everyone! I´m back from a two weeks travel =)
    I´ll check if there had been any unanswered posts here from those last days, but feel free to copy/paste if you didn´t got an answer.

30. cookimage

cookimage

Here is a video of a game some developer are making using Atavism and UMA package. This is a MMO game they are making and this video they did shows UMA in full force. What a awesome job they did!

hopeful likes this.
  31. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Hi Fernando,

Hope your enjoy your travelling and let me be the first copy pasting for an answer :

Congratulations for the fantastic work you did with Uma, you are very generous and talented.

I have a few questions and i have gone thru all the thread and i didn't find any clear answer about this so here what i want to know:

We were looking at the Atavism online asset and it is already supporting Uma so my question is : Take note that i am a 15 years 3ds max veteran and i am excellent at character design, rigging and animation so you can talk the technical jargon with me, here my question :

Is it possible to completely replace the Uma character both male&female with our own custom character mesh already rig in 3ds max with max bones system and if positive can you point me out in the right direction the fastest possible way?

I don't know if possible but we also would like to replace the complete bones structure system for mesh deformation with our own deformation system all done with max bones system and possibly morph for facial animation since unity now support morphing?

Thank for any reply or help you can provide

32. ecurtz

ecurtz

You should be able to bring your Max rigged character into the system as is, but obviously you won't be able to do anything with the DNA because the character isn't rigged to work with it. If you have your own system for changing the character shape (morphs or something) you could use the bulk of UMA but replace the DNAConverterBehavior to modify your character in it's own special way rather than with the adjustment bones the regular UMA character uses. The downside is that you'd lose compatibility with other UMA assets, but if your art is all custom that isn't an issue.

EDIT: I don't want to make this sound trivial, UMA is designed around the adjustment bones being what's modifying the geometry, so there would probably be lots of places where issues would show up if you did it some other way. In my opinion all those issues are solvable, but my first choice would still be staying with the adjustment bone system and adding that to your new avatars.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  33. FernandoRibeiro

FernandoRibeiro

Hi there =)
    Take a look on my latest v
    Hi there!
    Yep, that travel was the best one in my entire life =DDD
    Take a look on my latest video tutorial, I explain the process of creating a new race, using a different base mesh, it might help you out.

Considering replacing the bone deform with morphs, it´s possible but it will require you to write some extra code, specially if you want to work with both bones + morph deformation and keep everything being shared on a multiplayer game, for example. There´s no problem using 3dMax bones instead of the one we have on the base rig though, just keep an eye on the export settings from Max.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  34. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Hey Fernando.. would it be possible to get the earlier werewolf head either added as a head option or another sample model? I liked it better than the current head... :p

35. Breyer

Breyer

Glad to hear that u had fun with your trip ;)

i asked for one thing (limitation of generation one avatar per framerate per thread) could you reply?

36. Teh_Creatorer

Teh_Creatorer

Hello

I have a problem. I’m trying to create dress for a character. Dress has extra bones. I use these bones to animate the dress to eliminate legs clipping through. I get following error when trying to create a slot from this:

---------------------------------

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Transform].TryGetValue (UnityEngine.Transform key, UnityEngine.Transform& value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:588)

UMA.SkinnedMeshAligner.RecursiveFindBoneInHierarchy (UnityEngine.Transform bone, UnityEngine.Transform hierarchyRoot, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 boneMap)

UMA.SkinnedMeshAligner.RecursiveFindBoneInHierarchy (UnityEngine.Transform bone, UnityEngine.Transform hierarchyRoot, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 boneMap)

UMA.SkinnedMeshAligner.FindBoneIndexInHierarchy (UnityEngine.Transform bone, UnityEngine.Transform hierarchyRoot, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 boneMap, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 boneIndexes)

UMA.SkinnedMeshAligner.AlignBindPose (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer template, UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer data)

UMAEditor.UMATextureImporterUtil.CreateSlotData (System.String slotFolder, System.String assetFolder, System.String assetName, UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer mesh, UnityEngine.Material material, UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer prefabMesh)

UMAEditor.UmaTexturePrepareWindow.CreateSlot_Internal ()

UMAEditor.UmaTexturePrepareWindow.CreateSlot ()

UMAEditor.UmaTexturePrepareWindow.OnGUI ()

System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    ---------------------------

I used as “RaceSkinnedMeshPrefab” the original that comes with UMA and also modified one that has the extra bones attached. I also tried all the combinations with rigs, Generic and Humanoid. With humanoid I tried checking bone mapping and the extra bones were listed, but didn’t show on Mecanims main window. When extra bone was selected from the list, bone position was displayed by the move widget, but the bone itself did not show up in main window.

I used as “Slot Mesh SkinnedMeshRenderer” the dress that I had exported as FBX.

I saw that someone else had similar problem, but there were no attempted answers to it.

If anyone could help, that would be much appreciated.

37. FernandoRibeiro

FernandoRibeiro

The other one was from a tutorial I was working on to learn more about texturing, was not created by me. As the werewolf base mesh is open source you´re free to change it to match what you need.

38. FernandoRibeiro

FernandoRibeiro

The limitation is that we generate the atlas using RenderTexture (using PRO) at the render step, so we need one frame for each atlas texture generated.

if you need a lot of avatars being visible as soon the scene is loaded, you could delay the scene from appearing using a black transition, so you have time to get all avatars created.

39. FernandoRibeiro

FernandoRibeiro

Hi there!
    It had been a long time since I tested the additional bones feature, as soon I have time to work on it again, I´ll check this error.

40. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Hi Fernando,

Thank for the reply and i would probably have some more questions later on when i will attempt to replace the base mesh and bones.

Regards

41. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

Hi. I can't wait to get this working but am having some trouble.

I dragged the UMAProject/Assets/UMA folder into Unity,

I delete the UMA.dll

I drag UMA/UMADll into Unity

I create the UMAReplaceDLL.cs script and put it in a dir called Editor

The problem is I can't run the script because of the compile errors caused by deleting the .dll that prevent the script from compiling.

What am I doing wrong?

42. tomi-trescak

tomi-trescak

EDIT: I managed to make it work by switching the asset serialisation back to "Mixed" reimporting UMA back to the project and then switching it back to "Force Text"

Problems running UMA from Git with Unity 4.5.
    Dears, until now I was running the version from the Asset Store without any major issues.
    I have decided that it was time to try the latest version from GIT, but I cannot make it to run properly ;(

1. I create an empty project,
    2. Then drag the "UMAProject" folder from the GIT folder into my assets (I get some errors about breaking into global editor namespace ... but all good, I can still run the scene)
    3. I open and run the Scene 01 - crowd scene:

Following is the result (White avatars with missing bodies):

Any ideas on how to make the latest UMA run in Unity 4.5?

Thanks!

PS: This is the error:

You are trying to import an asset which contains a global game manager. This is not allowed.
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:projectWindowDrag(HierarchyProperty, Boolean)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  43. tomi-trescak

tomi-trescak

Great work on the latest additions to UMA! I really like the need editors and after solving that initial problem, rest seems stable. There is one more thing with the DNA editor though, which was not working and was not showing the DNA, since DNAMasterEditor has been always reinitialising, therefore not accepting the change in the parameter _viewDna. Following change helped to get it working .. it's not correct though (making _viewDna static):

Code (CSharp):
    1.  private static int _viewDna = -1;

44. cyby89

cyby89

Don't drag UMA/UMADll
    You must drag UMA/UMADLL/UMA and delete the bin folder from this one.

I have also updated the script with some more checks and make it work with the latest version of UMA, you can get it here

ps. In case some editor GUI is no longer working, you must also replace UMAEditor.dll with the source code.

45. CrowdCruncher

CrowdCruncher

Hi everybody,

thanks for the good job ur doing - Fernando.;)

I´m developing an crowd simulation for an MoCap-Syste, including the Oculus Rift.
    The main goal is realism, so i got to have a great variety between the agents and their animation-behaviour. For this work UMA is very awesome.
    So it would be verynice if their exist 4 more Races - Senior Female, Senior Male, Child Male and Child Female. I´m no designer or modeller, so it would be very nice if someone has got such races.

Until now the crowd is included in my scene and i´m trying to modify the Slots and Overlays. How is that SlotDataList implemented. Moreover it would be nice if you could discribe the UMAData-structure and maybe offer an UMA-API.

Additionally is their any content like boots or a bag etc. available?

And at agentcount of 50 my GPU doesn´t work anymore with this massive count of polygons. So is there a possibility to increase this number?

P.S.: Excuse me for my bad english :confused:

46. Teh_Creatorer

Teh_Creatorer

Hi people

I have question about building a custom rig for UMA. This question is basically a follow up to my slot creation error question. We're trying to make dresses and long hair animate with extra bones. So what are the steps required to create race with custom rig that are different from basic humanoid. Idea it to use base UMA unified rigs and adding the extra bones to base rig.

Anyone have good advice?

47. amayyudan

amayyudan

Hi (girls and) guys,

I am new to UMA, and I am not sure whether this tool is appropriate for my purposes. I would require realistic soft body simulation for some parts of the human body in my development (basically breast and bottom in the first round - I plan to develop an indie game: a sex simulator). This would mean realistic deformation of these body parts under gravity (self and external) and external forces, e.g. collision with another (even also soft) body. Of course this would need the use of a MeshCollider instead of CapsuleCollider(s). Is this possible in UMA by the modification of the default body and/or after some code tweaking, or should I find another tool that matches my needs better?

Thx in advance for all comments and recommendations.

48. hopeful

hopeful

UMA is not really a solution of that nature, though it might still be part of your project. Possibly Mega-Fiers, which is a mesh deformation tool, is more of what you need for soft body simulation?

49. Archania

Archania

If this was answered before, I apologize.
    Trying to get things in place here to get a project going using UMA. I was wondering if it is worth getting the Dynamic Kit UMA or the UMAzing in game asset to help get generating a custom character easier?

50. hopeful

hopeful

I don't have either of those assets. I'm not sure how much of your ultimate solution you want to design yourself.

I'd suggest you start with what's free, which is UMA and UMA Helper. After that, possibly you might unlock additional functionality with UMA Recipe Tools or UMA Power Tools. Then there are the additional models from Fernando.