Search Unity

UMA Power Tools Support (v. 2.9)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UnLogick, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

Is there any way to disable the bone reduction with the Power Tools?

I have extra gameobjects attached to bones like hands head that are used for mounting additional equipment. The bone reducer bakes these gameobjects out.

Or a way to flag certain objects as "don't reduce".

Thanks

2. hopeful

hopeful

There's an array called "Animated Bones" in the UMA prefabs. Add whatever bones you want to keep to this list and they will be retained during baking.

Conversely, if you want to have fewer bones than UMA normally retains, you can remove bones from the Animated Bones list and instead of being kept they will be baked away.

This topic is discussed here and there in this thread, including on the first page.

3. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I'm getting an error when I try to show the model:

If I remove the transform I added to the animated bones list, it no longer generates the error.

If I check the UMA data, I can see the new transform on the list, and if I click it, it goes to the right transform on the rig.

Does it have anything to do with the transform I'm adding not being an actual bone? It's a gameobject I've embedded into the hierarchy.. in this case, under the "LeftHand" bone.

4. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

Any update on this issue? It would also work if I could disable the bone baking completely. Could you add a checkbox to toggle that functionality?

5. MrBorogove

MrBorogove

UMA is very cool, kudos.

I'd like to know how to get the position of a bone from script -- in particular, I want to know where the head is so I can point a camera at it.

6. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

I reinstalled Power Tools and am getting this script error:

Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAPowerTools/Scripts/PowerToolsRuntime.cs(28,32): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type `UnityEngine.Avatar' to `Avatar'

What's the cause and how do I fix it?

7. UnLogick

UnLogick

Hey Hedonsoft

I just checked both the asset store version of UMA (1.1.0.0) and the git version of uma against Power Tools (1.1.0.0) from the asset store. For good measure I added Recipe Tools to the test. I tried my latest unity (a 4.6 beta) and everything was still working fine.

You're on my skype list, please pm me if this continues to give you problems.

8. UnLogick

UnLogick

Power Tools 1.2.2 is now live on the Asset Store, be sure to get UMA 1.2.2 (or the git version) while you're at it.

Important fixes
    • Several bone issues have been resolved, there is still at least one bug left in there, but most of the problems have been resolved.
    • Indie Atlassing!
      I located the cause of those scarred faces, it's now working 100%
    • AutoLoader has been improved and is now working 100%, there was a bug in UMA 1.2.1 that made problems after hiding characters.
    • Serialization, well I hope it's completely fixed now, I successfully loaded Power Tools 1.2.2 into the latest Unity 4.6 b19 and all three Power Tools scenes was working right off the bat. They were saved with 4.3.1 so I take that as a good sign.
    Heads up.
    I'm working on some new and cool changes in UMA, bumping the required version to Unity 4.6 to take advantage of the new Events, uGUI and removing the uma dll's. The work is progressing nicely and once Unity 4.6 is released we'll start setting up a road map to migrate UMA to it. You can download it from the git repository in the uma20 branch. We bumped the version to make people aware of the new Unity requirements. This is not a ploy to grab more money, the Power Tools and Recipe Tools will continue to work with the current licenses and I will continue to update them to work with the latest version of UMA.

Cheers

hopeful likes this.
  9. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi, awesome tools, bought them today. I bought it specifically to make prefabs from the guys, I wish to make them into ragdolls. However I cant get it to work, once I make a prefab do I need any of the extra scripts on him? Or can I remove them all? I have gone through the ragdoll wizard as I would with a normal character, but he doesnt fall like a ragdoll, he falls through the floor and wont collide. Pretty confused by this, could you let me know how I can make a prefab, then bring it into my scene and ragdoll it ? Thanks!!

Edit: I managed to do it by removing the animator and the ragdoll form the gameobject, it works, but weirdly when I zoom in on the character in the game or scene modes he disappears!! Whats causing that!?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  10. UnLogick

UnLogick

Glad you got it working. :)

Sounds like the bounding box is incorrect, this will cause Unity to do occlusion culling and not render the mesh. You can edit it by selecting the SkinnedMeshRenderer and change the AABB (Axis Aligned Bounding Box).

11. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks very much I will check that, managed to get the prefabs of UMA guys working along with Shooter AI, inside UFPS - 50 UMA AI guys in one big level with no occlusion and still 25fps:) They dont work great yet, seems like some sort of issue in Shooter AI (heads and arms are weirdly angled), but I will keep playing. Without these power tools I was kinda stuck wondering what to do, so I think it is awesome that you can make prefabs with this, cant wait to check out the other stuff it can do :).

12. UnLogick

UnLogick

50 Unique UMA guys? I hope you remembered to reduce atlas quality, otherwise you will take a major performance hit due to textures taking up all your gpu memory.

Of course by using prefabs you can control texture reuse yourself so that if four guys have same skin color and same gear they can share textures.

13. radiantboy

radiantboy

Ah yes they were not unique :) Same guy (textures looked quite low on his shirt), I will be going for large amounts of people but only slight variations so I can share the materials, which I think is the best way yeh? How do I make sure they are using the same "gear" in order for the material to be shared? I have the UMA prefabs working with Adventure Creator and my frame rate is much better than before.

As for this asset, I'm very pleased, it basically turns UMA from an awesome tech demo into something very usable, the prefab feature is pure gold and has helped my project take ridiculously large leaps and bounds forward. This is such a great extension to one of the best assets out there.

Trying now to get the guys working with Shooter AI :D

14. UnLogick

UnLogick

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad to hear my work has been appreciated.

UMA have no automatic gear/texture-reuse functionality. But all you need is to load a recipe with the gear, and then randomize the dna values to get your own personalized version. Since they use the same Slots the texture atlas will end up identical. You just need to discard the newly generated textures/materials and switch to the shared textures/materials. I suppose it would make good sense to add a "public Material[] atlasOverrideMaterials;" which could remove the need to actually build the atlas at all, this would remove the need to build texture atlas on indie at all, as long as your selection isn't too varied.

That would be a nice addition, but I wonder how many would need it.

15. radiantboy

radiantboy

16. hopeful

hopeful

Maybe you lost the facial bones?

17. UnLogick

UnLogick

There are two possibilities, either the facial bones were baked away, in which case you need to add the facial bones to the list of animated bones to make the Power Tools leave them in place.

Or the package uses UMA to find the facial bones in which case they would have to change their pack to work with the prefabs.

18. crandellbr

crandellbr

Hi there. This is an incredibly useful package that significantly cut down on the learning process with UMA. I expect I would have lost a lot of time with UMA otherwise, so this was a great investment.

For some reason, I was able to use both Show and Create Prefab earlier, but now I get null errors. I had to update to 4.6, and unfortunately I can't remember if the successful tests came before or after, since I updated to 4.6 at almost the same time I was first acclimating to Power Tools. My tests are with "Scene101 - auto loader". I can only Show the two Roy characters, whereas all others throw this error for the same command:

If I could use Create Prefab, it wouldn't be quite as big a deal. However, that command is interrupted by the same function, CombineByShader():

The source code appears to be hidden, so I can't do any real digging on my end. I already tried importing UMA and then Power Tools into a fresh project, but the problem persists.

Any idea what's causing this? I'm hoping it's something easy, like a change made in 4.6.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  19. UnLogick

UnLogick

I'm pretty sure I tested power tools with 4.6, so this is probably some sort of missing reference in your project.
    Could you please send me a zip with your project so I can take a look. It's very likely that the power tools is lacking a descriptive error message that would tell you what you need to fix.

Unfortunately missing references was quite common with UMA 1.x series, which is one of the reasons we're working on a 2.x series where we have removed the uma.dll which takes care of these problems. There are a few other improvements but all 1.x assets will work with the 2.x series. However since the 2.x series doesn't have the uma.dll and the power tools dll references that dll, it is not yet supported by the power tools. Once the 2.x series hit the asset store, power tools will support it!

Can you please confirm that you're using the Asset Store version of UMA? Since UMA is open source everyone can make their own fork, and while those probably work I wont be fixing problems related to those versions. I support the asset store version and the Github main branch.

hopeful likes this.
  20. crandellbr

crandellbr

Sure, I understand you not wanting to chase problems in non-standard versions. I am indeed using fresh Asset Store downloads of UMA and the Power Tools, v1.2.2.0 in both cases. I'll get my client's permission to zip the project and send it to you privately. Our project is a tad bloated at the moment with transitional assets - I'm looking at about 5.5 GB. Partial builds in these kinds of situations have wasted time on other projects because they weren't representative enough, but zipping this still seems a little extreme. Can I exclude general assets, or leave it as-is? I don't have any practical experience with DLLs, so I can't judge where the problem may be.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  21. UnLogick

UnLogick

Unity projects often end up at several gigabytes. But all I need is to be able to reproduce your problem. So as long as there is a repro scene you can cut away as much as you want of the remaining project. Also to respect your client's property make sure to send me the info in pm.

22. crandellbr

crandellbr

Okay, awesome! Yeah, I'm just going to PM you a SkyDrive/OneDrive link, as soon as it's up.

23. UnLogick

UnLogick

Bug confirmed, there is a bug in Show/Create prefab with 4.6.

24. UnLogick

UnLogick

Bug fixed! Please get the new version from the asset store.

Version 1.2.2.1 Changes
    Fixed a potential threading issue when stopping in the editor.
    Fixed a bug in Show and Create prefab.
    Improved Create Prefab texture handling.

25. Sendatsu_Yoshimitsu

Sendatsu_Yoshimitsu

Hi, two quick questions about the Auto Loader feature: first off, I'm wondering if the tool uses pooling? Optimization is really, really important to my project, so I want to be sure that using the Auto Loader to enable/disable multiple models every few seconds wouldn't constantly trigger garbage collection through the destroy calls.

Second, this might be more of a general UMA question than a power tools question, but how is clothing data stored in the system? Would I be able to have the loader check some arbitrary data class and load the same model with different outfits, or would I need a completely separate UMAData for each unique set of clothing a character could wear?

26. UnLogick

UnLogick

Each UMA character is unique and uses a big amount of texture memory and for this reason there is no pooling. If you expect to show a particular model again it would make sense to pool the mesh and only recreate the texture, but that only works if you do not change any slots. As soon as you change slots/dna there would be no point in pooling! I suppose it would be possible to implement pooling by hacking support for atlasScale to 0, and writing code that ensured that the RenderTexture was released. I've been thinking about adding texture LOD to the autoloader simply by changing the atlasScale...

As I said, the way that UMA merges the meshes there is no real gain from trying to reuse the old model. You could avoid some garbage being generated, but UMA still produces a good deal of garbage when building models, one must expect a single garbage collect after building an UMA character!

In order to benefit from not destroying/creating the RacePrefabs you would have to store the gameobject's in an organized datastructure, as asking for their name is slow and produces garbage. The datastructure would have to include their default scale, position and orientation. All temporary buffers could be kept on the UMAGenerator so that there was no garbage.

This is not currently on my roadmap. If this is crucial to you I'd be more than happy to pair up and sort through this. It would be a great benefit to UMA.

27. Sendatsu_Yoshimitsu

Sendatsu_Yoshimitsu

Thank you for the thorough reply! I'm just starting to learn about the graphics and modelling side of things, so I see the logic in not pooling now that you've explained it. You have a lot more time and expertise in UMA than I do right now, do you have any experience with its performance rendering low to mid-density crowds? My game will typically have 10-20 characters onscreen at any given time, and in the worst case scenario (character is sprinting as fast as they can down a long horizontal hallway filled with people) I would probably be destroying 5-10 UMA characters and creating 5-10 new ones every second. Ignoring, for the moment, the intricacies of starting to manually optimize the process, do you know how well a completely unmodified UMA + Power Tools and Recipe Tools running in Unity Pro would be able to handle the stress of the constant spawn/destroy calls?

28. UnLogick

UnLogick

In this specific case, constantly spawning characters with a very short lifespan I would advise that you stick with the default uma generator.

The bone baking feature of the threaded generator makes it cost a little more to spawn, this is a one time cost at spawn compared to a per frame cost for the additional bones. But with short lifespan and render textures (Unity Pro) I would expect your app to perform slightly better with the default generator.

29. UnLogick

UnLogick

With the latest announcement that Unity 5.0 is full featured for free the threaded atlassing becomes obsolete. I plan to make up for this loss by updating the Power Tools to include a basic LOD to the AutoLoader that rebakes the atlas based on distance.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Deleted User likes this.
  30. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

Hi Joen,

I need your help was. I've been trying for hours to get this to work.

Here is my error code:

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I am using Unity 5. I went to github and downloaded the new UMA - by downloading the "Master" via a zip...I could not find anything that allowed me to import it into Unity, so I just copied and pasted the contents into a new folder. I downloaded the most recent PowerTools on the asset store.

Why am I getting this error? I checked the "DLL" folder and I have a folder called "UMADLL" which I copied and pasted from the "master" zip from github.

What else can I do to get this working??

Thank you

31. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

It looks like "Uma.dll" is missing from the github master repository. Is that meant to be the case? I tried using the old UMA.dll from the asset store UMA but I get a whole bunch of errors.

32. UnLogick

UnLogick

It is correct that UMA 1.x doesn't work with Unity 5, it is quite possible to make a UMA 1.x that works with Unity 5 but nobody has done so! To be honest we knew Unity was in RC but we didn't expect them to launch yet.

I can understand the confusion, but right now the power tools still doesn't support uma2x. And uma 1x doesn't support Unity 5. Luckily Unity 5 does allow you to use Render Textures with the free license so the indie atlas generation is no longer needed to get decent performance. I'll update the Power Tools so you still get the bone baking, as well as upgrade the AutoLoader to include an LOD scheme. But right now please be patient, launching uma 2 means we have a unique opportunity to do some much needed clean up.

boysenberry and hopeful like this.
  33. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

Ah Awesome,

Thank you so much Joen! I wish I read the forums properly...it's just well...the unity forums suck and are so confusing and dull lol.

34. Nivbot

Nivbot

Needing help. I am quite new to Unity but not programming in general. I am getting this error when trying to save a prefab.

Overwrite of prefabs not supported!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    UMA.PowerTools.UMASaveCharacters:SaveCharacterPrefabsMenuItem() (at Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAPowerTools/Scripts/Editor/SaveCharactersPrefab.cs:35)
    am I missing something? I watched the video several times but I'm not getting what the problem might be. I am using Unity 5 free version. Thanks.

P.S. The error msgbox I get when trying to actually save is that I have to save the character in the projects assets folder, which I am doing, although I tried them all. Still, cannot save.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  35. Nivbot

Nivbot

Never mind. I'm an idiot. I didn't create a prefab first.... ignore my ignorance please! Herp di derp.

36. UnLogick

UnLogick

You're using Unity 5? How? :D

The current version of power tools works with UMA 1x series, and 1x series requires you to rebuild the uma.dll manually after updating it to Unity 5 source code standard.

The save prefab code doesn't reference uma.dll and so should still work. But the threaded generator will only work if you actually upgrade your uma.dll.

UMA 2.0 is nearing a release and that means a new power tools release. So only a little while longer now. :)

37. boysenberry

boysenberry

Any ideas on release dates? I am using Unity 5 for my project and bought this asset as well as others to run with UMA.
    Knowing a timeline would help me figure out when to get the UMA portion of my game working.
    Unfortunately it would seem even though I've jumped through the hoops to get UMA 1x running in Unity 5 I getting the following error from your asset:

Unhandled Exception: Mono.CSharp.InternalErrorException: Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAPowerTools/Scripts/UMAGeneratorThreaded.cs(195,33): UMA.PowerTools.UMAGeneratorThreaded.UMAThreadedWorkJob ---> Mono.CSharp.InternalErrorException: Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAPowerTools/Scripts/UMAGeneratorThreaded.cs(201,56): UMA.PowerTools.UMAGeneratorThreaded.UMAThreadedWorkJob.meshProcess ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UMA, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'UMA, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:InternalGetType (System.Reflection.Module,string,bool,bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType (System.String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.GetTypeInAssembly (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.LookupTypeReflection (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.String name, Location loc, Boolean must_be_unique) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.LookupTypeReflection (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.String name, Location loc, Boolean must_be_unique) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Namespace.LookupType (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.String name, Location loc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Namespace.Lookup (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.String name, Location loc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.NamespaceEntry.Lookup (System.String name, Location loc, Boolean ignore_cs0104) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.NamespaceEntry.LookupNamespaceOrType (System.String name, Location loc, Boolean ignore_cs0104) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.DeclSpace.LookupNamespaceOrType (System.String name, Location loc, Boolean ignore_cs0104) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.DeclSpace.LookupNamespaceOrType (System.String name, Location loc, Boolean ignore_cs0104) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.MemberCore.LookupNamespaceOrType (System.String name, Location loc, Boolean ignore_cs0104) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.SimpleName.ResolveAsTypeStep (IMemberContext ec, Boolean silent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Expression.ResolveAsBaseTerminal (IMemberContext ec, Boolean silent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Expression.ResolveAsTypeTerminal (IMemberContext ec, Boolean silent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.MemberBase.ResolveMemberType () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.MemberBase.Define () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Field.Define () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.TypeContainer+MemberCoreArrayList.DefineContainerMembers () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Mono.CSharp.TypeContainer+MemberCoreArrayList.DefineContainerMembers () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.TypeContainer.DefineContainerMembers (Mono.CSharp.MemberCoreArrayList mcal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Class.DefineContainerMembers (Mono.CSharp.MemberCoreArrayList list) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.TypeContainer.DoDefineMembers () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Class.DoDefineMembers () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.TypeContainer.Define () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.ClassOrStruct.Define () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Class.Define () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.RootContext.PopulateTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Mono.CSharp.RootContext.PopulateTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

PS I got UMA 1x running in Unity 5 via the git repo. I might not have gotten it working completely because there were two separate folders and I only got the project folders in. I could still be missing the assemblies. I will be working more on it now.

38. UnLogick

UnLogick

If you want the uma 1 you should grab the branch uma122 from git. Copying the uma.dll and umaeditor.dll code into a Unity 4.6 project and then upgrading to Unity 5.0 will make the needed code changes to run uma 1 in Unity 5. All you have to do is copy the code back into the dll folders and build the new dlls. Jaime already did this and posted a binary that he built.
    The link to the file he posted is: UMA.u50.zip

What you did was grab the master branch which is halfway to uma2 and doesn't use the dll at all. The PowerTools currently need this dll for the bone baking feature to work.

We'll soon (hopefully) launch uma2 and then there will be almost no reason to use uma1 on Unity 5. We did so many changes in uma 2 that it could take me a couple of weeks to get the Power Tools to work with uma 2. Unless the bone baking feature is critical I recommend that go uma 2 and run without power tools until I get it updated. If your time line doesn't permit this then you should consider working with the uma122 branch and a Unity 5 compatible dll.

hopeful and boysenberry like this.
  39. boysenberry

boysenberry

I will go with the uma 2 version and be patient. Thanks for answering so quickly. This is incredibly awesome technology! Thanks for helping bring it to the masses. :)

40. UnLogick

UnLogick

We managed to get UMA 2 released this weekend, but there was simply no time to upgrade the power tools as well.

It is on the top of my priority list. Hopefully I'll get it done next weekend, but I'll rather wait a bit longer than release something that isn't quite right. We did a lot of changes in UMA 2 to make it lightning fast, it should be fast enough that you can upgrade your projects without my power tools and see it working. The power tools can benefit from those performance optimizations too and I hope to be able to use create 2-3 bone reduced chars per frame while maintaining the same frame rate as UMA 2, but that is speculation at this point.

Richardm1985 and boysenberry like this.
  41. radiantboy

radiantboy

Just a quick note to say Im eagerly awaiting the new power tools! It has come at a perfect time, I am about to make my UMA people again and try add some more variation using the various packs, will actually wait until the new power tools are out to do this, awesome work. Thanks!

PS, just checked out UMA 2, very cool, Im so happy it exists! :-D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  42. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

Hey Joen,

Is there a way to save a UMA character to use in seperate scenes whilst we wait for the powertool?

43. UnLogick

UnLogick

If you have the power tools you can just grab the two files PowerToolsRuntime.cs and SaveCharacterPrefab.cs they work independently of the rest of the power tools.

Or you can wait a bit longer, working on it right now. ;)

44. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

Thanks Joen! That was so easy! I can easily wait patiently for an update to the Power Tools now :)

45. adventurefan

adventurefan

This should work with UMA 2 to just use those two files?

Trying it now and unfortunately a lot is missing in the prefab... mesh not assigned, no capsule, no animator, no shader assigned, etc... unless I'm missing something here.

46. hopeful

hopeful

I'm going to guess you figured it out, since there was no follow-up post, but I just tried it and yeah ... the process bombs out on some errors when I run it ... but you will still find all the necessary stuff sitting there. Some assembly required. You go to the saved prefab in your project, click on it, and drag the mesh and material into the proper slots on the skinned mesh renderer and you're good to go. :)

47. hopeful

hopeful

Hmm. I seem to having some problems with the prefab, in that I can't get it to animate.

Any chance the official Power Tools U5.1 update will be coming along soon, as in actually soon and not SOON(tm) ...? :)

48. hopeful

hopeful

I have looked further into the prefab. Turns out the bones are not properly linked together. RightUp Leg is actually LeftUp Leg, and Right Leg is Left Leg ... but it's not a complete mirroring problem, because some bones are in the right place. Neck and head are way off.

(UPDATE: This occurred with one model. Another model had like 3k+ muscle clips but a correct skeleton. Another model had 500 muscle clips and a correct skeleton, but I still couldn't animate it. Not sure why all the different results.)

So ... not sure what's going on here. Maybe I did this wrong somehow, but I'm going to guess the problem is under the covers of how the prefab is generated.

@UnLogick - Help?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  49. adventurefan

adventurefan

Same issue, and I would rather have the updated version that makes the prefab all ready to go anyway so I'll just wait for the update.

hopeful likes this.
  50. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

It's been 2 months since an update? Is there an ETA on Powertools for UMA 2.0/Unity 5?