Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UI UI not working 5.1.1->5.2.0b1

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by terravires, Jul 8, 2015.

1. terravires

terravires

So I took my existing 5.1.1 project and opened it up (yes I have backups) in 5.2.0b1. Everything reimported and only errors I got were some speedtree errors from sample assets that I'm not even using.

At this point I hit play and the game starts. There are no errors in console and it appears fine.

However, I cannot click on any buttons and input in my game isn't working. I've tracked this down to what appears to be problem with EventSystem.current.IsPointerOverGameObject() always returning true. Even when there is nothing under the cursor.

I put debug logs in and see it's IsPointerOverGameObject() returning true, but then currentSelectedGameObject is null. All this code was working 5.1.1 btw.

Did something else change?

Edit: Not sure if this happened before, but now EventManager debug output (in inspector while running) is showing pointerEnter for objects that are disabled. :-/

Edit2: Seems the new dropdown is also not working. Clean scene, add panel, right click panel and add dropdown = lots of nullreferenceExceptions in editor.
    Additional, having a docked animation clip tab in editor causes nullreference errors on startup. Talk about buggy. :p And yes I've already reported those with repo files attached.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Nateply and MrEsquire like this.
  2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Please specify the bug numbers here, or else they still may be overlooked.

As for the input bug, I think I saw a fix in-bound, but probably not for b2.

3. terravires

terravires

Hi Alex,

Wait, so the fix for input is not going to make it into B2 either? None of the UI system is working for me because of this.

My other bugs are # 710676 and # 710679.

But "still be overlooked" if not reported here? I do have pro, but that kind of worries me that I need to post in the forums with all my reported bugs or they won't get attention? :eek:

shkar-noori likes this.
  4. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

B2 cutoff internally passed already.

Could you post your bug # for this one too? I may be speaking out of turn, as I saw a fix related to UI events in bound, but it may be addressing something else. If it's something we have a fix for already in flight and is isolated enough, we _may_ be able to pull it forward. However, there's just the reality that there's lead time to getting our betas out. To note, Tuesdays are our cutoffs to get builds out to you all by Thurs/Fri usually.

For 710676, it looks like that was addressed here:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/pa...hparameterlist-nullreferenceexception.338875/

710679, I'll alert the UI team to though.

We need to wade through a lot of duplicates, badly written bugs, unable to repro, etc. that even with the reasonable sized QA team to handle the in-bound, still overwhelms and things get missed. So, providing the bug number lets go directly pick things up if we know to look for it.

5. JasonBricco

JasonBricco

Is this bug fixed in beta 3? If not, is there a workaround? Because I can't make much progress with my project if I can't find a way around it. (Asking because I am unable to download beta 3 until I go to a public library, due to my only internet option being under a strict data limit for the time being. And I won't waste my time if the problem isn't fixed.)

6. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

The UI is not working at all for me, a lot of null references and stencil buffer errors, waiting for b4 already

7. carking1996

carking1996

It doesn't work for me when I have the UI in panels(each separate menu). The only ones that work are the ones in the top layered panel. The ones 'behind' it, even if turned on(and the top layer turned off) don't work.

8. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

710676 and 710679 are marked as resoved / fixed in out database.

Are there any specific bug numbers related to these other issues? I need them to investigate.

9. Nateply

Nateply

Same problem persists as terravires in post #1. Menus are nonresponsive and inputs to them don't work. I sent a barebone scene consisting of the Unity Game Jam Menu Template as a repro yesterday with menus not responding to clicks. Report #713592 .
    Noticed first on 5.2.0b2 and now 5.2.0b3. Worked ok on last 5.1.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  10. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Do you have inactive objects?
    If they overlap your menu, they will get the click.
    As a temporary workaround, you have to activate and deactivate them at runtime, if they are deactivated from the start, they block it somehow.

11. Astro75

Astro75

I have the same problem in b3. Disabled elements eat all mouse events.

12. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Have you tried beta 4?

13. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

I will try out beta 4 later as it seems to have the stencil and some other fixes, great job, but what about the DropBox issue?

14. terravires

terravires

Seems B4 fixed the disabled object issue, but I have new ones posted on another thread with image fill problems. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  15. terravires

terravires

As for the dropdown errors, that is NOT fixed in B4. Someone closed my bug as a duplicate of another, but I never got a bug # and have no way of know if that is fixed or being worked on etc.

16. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It's case 705553. It's marked as resolved (as of yesterday, actually), but it's still waiting for QA to verify that it's fixed. The dev that resolved it wrote that the changes aren't merged yet, so it might miss the next beta.

17. terravires

terravires

Any chance you guys could give us the other bug numbers when closing our bugs?

Then maybe we could get a simple check for "fixed/open/etc" status so we have some kind of idea. I noticed on one release notes you had listed bug numbers! That was wonderful, but the next one seemed to miss that. :(

I'm not too thrilled with the bug system... search box doesn't work for me on firefox. And I can't share public links to my bug reports since you have all our previous bugs, including attached files, some under NDA/etc. with them. Just an easy lookup bug # XYZ status is: Fixed version 1.2.3beta1 would be so helpful.

18. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You can always reply to the email and ask QA for telling you the duplicate bug number so you could track it.

Yea, I guess we could improve on that.

As for search button not working: do you have any strange addons installed on your Firefox? The search box works just fine on mine.

19. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

I just update my unity 5.1 to the last build of 5.2.

My issue: in UI, the child doesn't move when I move the position of the parent...

Any idea?

Thanks!

20. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Bug report?