Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

uFrame 1.0 is almost here!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Michael_invertgamestudios, Mar 29, 2014.

1. eedok

eedok

is there a way to mark elements as poolable for elements like projectiles for a mobile based bullet hell shooter?

2. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

3. Lovrenc

Lovrenc

Just saw this asset 2 days ago on Youtube, presented at Unite 2014 and got immediately hyped. Went to check the asset and saw that it was little under 50€ couple about a week ago. Said, "damn, if only I saw it sooner" and then immediately thought it is very good, it has gotten recognition and the update is coming, so the price might rise and I should buy it as soon as I can. Today I logged in to buy it and I be damned, it is now 142€. I keeps evading me!

I cannot believe i'm actually going to borrow the money to buy this. It just looks that good.

4. SilentWarrior

SilentWarrior

Using this Graph : http://puu.sh/bKS4Q/90096b4f77.png how does one create a WindowTab?

The idea is simple, each window will have a tab on the bottom that you can minimize your window to and click on it to show the window again.

I started out with making a Window element, and a WindowTab element, each Window having a ref to WindowTab.

But, I was copying data fields from Window (like its title) when I felt I shouldnt be.

So i deleted the WindowTab, and created 2 views for my Window, a WindowView and a WindowTabView.

The WindowView will act as view for the actual window, while the WindowTabView will act as view for that windows tab.

Since on Controllers I cant access the InstantiateView method, for instantiating a WindowTabView when that window initialises, how does one solve this?

This feels super simple, yet, I am struggling.

PS: it is explained how to create an entity instance, but not how to delete one. I can destrou the gameobject, but thats only the View part of it. They are stored in collections, there must be a way to access that and remove the Model (and associated parts) easily no?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  5. Michael_invertgamestudios

Michael_invertgamestudios

Join our forum or irc channel, someone is always on to answer questions.
    http://answers.invertgamestudios.com

6. Deevo

Deevo

uFrame does look good.
    Does uFrame work on WP8, android, and iOS? Has every feature been tested for those platforms in terms of functionality and performance?

7. Michael_invertgamestudios

Yes and Yes, Hashbang games is an avid user of uFrame and has released multiple games on both platforms.
    If you have anymore questions hit us up on the uFrame forum.

8. Michael_invertgamestudios

9. ibyte

ibyte

Is there a demo version we can try? I beta tested uScript when it was in development and they were pretty open about timed beta's and or demo versions.

10. Michael_invertgamestudios

If your team is considering uFrame for your next game project please contact us for a live demo. We can demonstrate how uFrame will save your team countless hours of development.

Please contact:
    invertgamestudios@gmail.com

11. Kiori

Kiori

You didn't answer this question, but i would further reiterate it and go beyond. How is uFrame a better solution than iCanscript?
    I mean as far as i get it uFram pre-generates scripts and relations for you, then you fill in the details. in a direct sense ICs does the same.

12. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@invertgamestudios : I've publish the common solution for preventing icon overlapping for all third party extensions, maybe you can have a look and consider support it for the next update. Not only just icon overlapping but some other features as well, should not take you more than 5 minutes to integrate, so here is the link :

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/hierarchydraw-put-your-hierarchy-icons-under-control.319039/

I already support HierarchyDraw in my beta versions for Hierarchy2. Hopefully you will do it next ! :)

Thanks.

vidjo likes this.
  13. xclouder

xclouder

I plan to use uFrame in our new project, but I am hesitate for some reasons. After read some documents on github and do a simple demo, I doubt if it is a good idea to register xxxController in Container globally. Controller is now subclass of SystemService, if it subscribes some event, it will handle the event all over the world, that's terrible! In my opinion, Controller is a logic processor for specific scene or module, it should be destroyed or disabled in other situation.

By the way, I cannot found any UnRegister func in UFrameContainer, is that really good while anything cannot be unregistered after registering?

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  14. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I was just taking a look at uFrame ECS on GitHub. It is a complete mess. Typical Open Source project. No idea about how to get started. This project is pretty much dead.