Search Unity

UFPS with UNET - facing big trouble

Discussion in 'UNet' started by Mikdad_Merchant, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Mikdad_Merchant

Mikdad_Merchant

Hi Guys,

I was making a multiplayer FPS game and was very excited to use the UFPS plug-in, it was awesome to setup for single player. then I tried making it network ready using unity 5.1 networking and then disaster.

Since last night have been constantly at it. but just does not work properly.
    The method I adopted was:-
    1. Converted UFPS player into remote player using wizard.
    2. At first I tried using an empty and then putting the player and remote player objects as a child and then networking the parent using player identity and using script to check whether is local player and to activate the correct child i.e player if islocalplayer is true and activate remote player if it is false. seemed like a perfectly sensible thing to do but did not work, the camera did not rotate..i don't have any idea.
    3. ok so after much tweeking around I put the remote player as a child of the normal player and put all network components on the player and use script to disable all control scripts if islocalplayer is not true i.e for remote players. This also seemed like a good solution, when I tested the old problem of the camera not rotating was solved the player moved properly but now the shooting, gun changing and third person toggle stopped working. Aggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

Now I am totally lost. Please anyone can help out here if any one has tried making UFPS work with the new unity networking.

I will highly highly appreciate it

2. p87

p87

it's not gonna be a drag and drop thing to port UFPS from photon networking to UNET. It would probably take the developers of UFPS several months to port it to UNET.