Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoTru

RoTru

w00t! Thanks! The full body awareness for new bodies doesn't seem too difficult to understand... thanks for this!

2. JWdell

JWdell

Are there any tutorials for UFPS that can show me how to trigger and object from an explosion? Basically what I'm wanting to know is if UFPS already has built in the ability to say, if I shoot an object such as a barrel, or crate or ammo pickup and it explodes, can that object target another object such as a door, or platform etc? I've looked through everything and I just cannot find something as simple as this. Is this possible out of the box? Any tutorials on how to do this?

3. topofsteel

topofsteel

From the UFPS manual under "Teleporting Player"...

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.T))
    2. {
    3.    m_Controller.SetPosition(new Vector3(-26.283f, 113.062f, -0.104f));
    4.    m_Camera.Angle = new Vector2(202.0f, 357);
    5. }
    the camera .angle is looking for Vector 2 eulerAngles, and all reference to them in Unity appear to Vector 3's. So my code below is generating an error. Also, the camera has a SetRotation function similar to the controler's SetPosition. I am trying to use that. What am I missing? Thanks.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         foreach (Transform t in locationContainer)
    2.         {
    3.             Debug.Log(t.name + " : " + t.eulerAngles);
    4.             if (t.name == l)
    5.             {
    6.                 FPcontroller.SetPosition(t.localPosition);
    7.                 FPcamera.SetRotation(t.eulerAngles);
    9.                 SetPlayerCamera("first");
    10.             }
    11.         }

4. Litwin

Litwin

I have some doubts about the network:
    - When you want to release version with the integrated network?
    - You will work with any framework specific network? If you will work with Photon, we stay with this stupid limit CCU.
    You know KBEngine (http://kbengine.org/)?

@Edit
    About bullets:
    - Have physic in bullets? Example: I want add gravity in bullet, to make like sniper in Battlefield.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  5. dbryson

dbryson

@VisionPunk: do you have access to the Unity 5 beta? I have and converted my project to Unity 5 and now my UFPS Adavanced Player is stuck to the ceiling. Any ideas? I'm going to try reimporting the UFPS asset and see what happens.

6. resequenced

resequenced

The current release of UFPS doesn't support Unity 5 (there's a reference to it in the release notes).

7. Cargh

Cargh

Any chance we could get an idea on when 5.0 will be supported? Had to ask.

8. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Cargh,
    We are currently busy with our upcoming deadlines for multiplayer, and after that mobile optimizations.
    We have no plans to support UFPS for the Unity 5 Beta. However we are currently waiting for Unity to announce the shipping date for Unity 5, once we know that , we will try to match UFPS support with that release date.

9. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Litwin,
    The UFPS Multiplayer Add-on should come out this year ( within two months ), but as always we can't promise that we will reach our deadlines. It will be using Photon, you can read more info here in our official forum: October 21

Here is the link to our roadmap for future UFPS releases:
    www.visionpunk.com/hub/assets/ufps/roadmap

Nope we don't have physics in bullets

10. Neoshiftr

Neoshiftr

Is there any attachment system for UFPS? I would like to use silencers, sights etc. I have got with my weapos.

11. Andy_

Andy_

Hi ITGeist,
    There is no such system in the UFPS base product at the moment, but some of our users may have implemented something similar.I found this post in the official UFPS forum: Weapon customization
    Perhaps it can be of some help

12. AlteredPlanets

AlteredPlanets

hello

does anyone know how to create a rotation for bipod using ufps?

13. Andy_

Andy_

Hi AlteredPlanet,
    Can you elaborate your question some more,
    do you mean that you have a bipod attachment to your weapon?

14. AlteredPlanets

AlteredPlanets

15. laurent-clave

laurent-clave

Hi,

We can easily use a bow with UFPS?

16. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Few Questions...
    I'm creating a platform that moves vertically and horizontally, along a path. I'm currently using VP_waypoint gizmos...

- After I get to 10 points, the platform starts at 0 then goes to 10, skipping the others. This doesn't happen with 9 points, just after the 10nth. any ideas?
    - I would much rather use camera path animator, Curvy, itween, simple waypoint.. for paths (my platform on a spline path), but I cannot get the player to stay on the platform using the VP_moving platform. it works great with the nodes, but not with the same object on a spline path or tween. I turn off everything BUT snap player to top. I land on it correctly, but slide right off s it leaves me behind.
    - can you recommend a compatible spline system?

thanks!!

17. orb

orb

Just a tip: You shouldn't link to a specific page in links. I view the forums with more posts per page, and that just makes it go to the top of a page ;)

I bought this asset in a sale ages ago, and I'm looking into using it for a prototype. Will there be any add-ons with different melee attacks so we could use all sorts of melee weapons we have? How about fancy spellcasting handwavey gestures? I'd buy it as an extra if necessary.

18. ZJP

ZJP

BTW, do you use a Capsule Collider in the TPS view..

19. Andy_

Andy_

20. Andy_

Andy_

Hi HeadTrip,
    If you want the player to stick to the moving object , make the object belong to the MovableObject layer
    And here is a post in our official forum that may be of help:
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1444/how-to-work-with-vp-movingplatform#latest

21. Danz112

Danz112

Sorry for the super-noobish question but I'm trying to read the manual and there's something that confuses me: what's exactly the difference between the vp_Weapon and the vp_Fp Weapon script, and the difference between vp_WeaponShooter and vp_FPWeaponShooter script? I can't grasp it =(

22. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

Ow, I'm so excited. It almost feels like someone is going to turn the whole engine upside-down. I look forward to the official multiplayer-release. You guys do a very great job!!

23. Sendatsu_Yoshimitsu

Sendatsu_Yoshimitsu

This is a great asset, I debated over buying it for months and when I finally did, I found that a lot of my problems had gone away practically overnight.

Given that, I've been having a slight problem with the third-person camera: in the webplayer demo the character moves quite smoothly, but when I either configure the system with my own model or open the webplayer's demo scene in the editor, the character sort of jitters, as if he's constantly snapping back half an inch from his current position. Do you have any idea where I should start looking to debug this?

24. Andy_

Andy_

Hello Orb,
    Unfortunately there are no such add-ons planned, we are way too busy with our multiplayer milestones.
    However Instead it's possible to animate different attacks by using the states and and the event system

Start by reading the chapter in the manual about Melee Attacks: http://bit.ly/116NF1x

Keep in mind that the Melee system is a prototype system that may not function as well as other parts

You probably also need to study, States and the Event system thoroughly in the manual. And then you can watch all the melee weapon tutorials starting with the one called UFPS - Melee Weapon

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgtYBAm7mQcg0Dq5bPgJwn9vDmycHcrni

Hormic and orb like this.
  25. Andy_

Andy_

Hello!
    The answer is: Yes

26. ZJP

ZJP

oh, good news... Thanks.

27. BHS

BHS

How would I go about using UFPS to create a shake screen effect for about 30 seconds. Nothing crazy just a nice shaking effect for an event happening in a scene.

28. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

A damage handler can be placed upon anything. That will allow, for example, a door to get blown to bits if an explosive charge goes off nearby. Setting the "health" of the door to a very low value, at the moment that the explosive detonates (which is really an effect of it's damage handler) could be accomplished by a separate script on that exploding object. Notice how multiple explosives and crates get destroyed in demo scene #3, when one explosive is targeted and others are nearby.

29. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

The earthquake effect might be a place to start. It is vp_Earthquake and it can be seen in operation in the demo scenes, I believe.

30. Danz112

Danz112

please? just in general?

31. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

The vp_Weapon is third person, and vp_FPWeapon is first person. The first person, as you may have noticed, is much more complex in it's usage of weapon positioning and rotation, shake, bob, etc. It's a bigger deal to do first person. I'm not an expert or anything, but just compare the files side-by-side and you'll see the level of complexity involved between the two.

32. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

The vp_MovingPlatform does not require that you do anything special to have the player "snap". Just leave the waypoints field blank and make a separate object that is a child of your "actual" moving thingy, the thing following your spline curves or whatever, and put your vp_MovingPlatform script on that. Your parent object will drag that child around and when your player gets onto the vp_MovingPlatform object, he/she will ride along happily. You don't need waypoints to make the vp_MovingPlatform script perform usefully. It's just a really handy way to glue your player to an object that has been designated as a moving platform.

33. Gooseman_1977

Gooseman_1977

wow, this looks great. I hope you guys can get a U5 version up soon.

34. Danz112

Danz112

thanks. This confirms my impressions, but I failed to set up an inventory for this reason (the Console asked me where files like vp_Weapon were)... gotta try again :/

35. p87

p87

upgrading to U5 isn't that hard... have to change some stuff related to the cursor's lockstate. Instead of Screen.lockCursor boolean there is now Cursor.lockState. That was the main issue with unity 5.

The only other thing I have noticed so far is the full body mesh's transparent shadow caster material is bugged and appears pink, but that's probably easy enough to fix. I haven't looked at it yet. If it's a custom shader included with UFPS they might need to look at it. Otherwise there has to be some way to rig a similar shader in Unity 5. Or just disable it for the time being, it's not a huge issue. I wouldn't use Unity 5 for production builds or anything though.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  36. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

This post on the Official Forum may help.
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1627/unity-5-and-invisibleshadowcaster/p1

p87 likes this.
  37. JWdell

JWdell

Yes this is due to damage handler and health of an object. That wasn't exactly what I'm looking for though. I'm looking for a way for the object that has a damage handler script attached and when it is destroyed (loses all health), that object triggers something.

For example, if I'm locked in a room and I must killed an enemy, when the enemy dies, how does it trigger something as in opening the door to the exit? Is this functionality in UFPS by defaut?

38. p87

p87

could place a script component on the enemy, that could get a reference to it's damage handler component and read it's current health value, or whether the enemy gameobject is active, etc. There are multiple ways you could determine whether the enemy was killed or not.

then also have a reference to the door or whatever other gameobjects you want to interact with.

39. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

The short answer to your question ... "Is this functionality in UFPS by defaut?" ... probably not ... or at least not as apparent as one would wish. But, this is easy stuff. Simple.

Okay. I'm going to make a fool of myself and assume that you are using a vp_MovingPlatform as your "door". If that is not the case, then we shall have to adapt and overcome ... which will, honestly, not be too big of a deal. This is really pretty easy stuff, as mentioned earlier.

Let us assume that we are in demo scene #3, where there are exploding cubes, it might be seen that we could place an additional little script upon those exploding cubes and simulate killing a guard.

I would suggest that you choose any of those exploding cubes found in that scene and drag one over to where the sliding door resides. And then, place this script upon that cube that you have moved.

p.s. ... Drag the "Door" (the door that has the vp_MovingPlatform script upon it), from the hierarchy, onto the appropriate slot in this little script.

public class bsn_DeadCube : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public vp_MovingPlatfo/rm Platform = null; // <-- drag your door to this slot

protected virtual void Die()
    {
    Platform.SendMessage("GoTo", Platform.TargetedWaypoint == 0 ? 1 : 0, SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    }
    }

Because this script is upon the game object that is dead, or about to be dead, it will send the same kind of message as one would send if one had pushed a button.

There are better ways to do this, using the event system that is at the core of UFPS, but this will definitely get the job done ... if you are using the nice features of the moving platform script to open and close doors. Please advise. I will be happy to show you a more complex way to achieve your ends.

40. JWdell

JWdell

I am using UFPS doors yes but I should have been more clear of what I was looking for. I just used opening a door after killing a guy as an example.

What I'm looking for is a universal basic functionality for any object. So if I kill a guy, or whatever I have the damage handler script attached to and is destroy once its health reaches 0 like it normally functions, then it can trigger any object of my choosing.

If I kill a guy, then I could have it trigger another object to play a sound, or open a door, or activate a piece of goemetry, or deactivate a piece of geometry etc. Pretty much the same basic functionality the Activate Trigger script provides when the player touches it, except this happens when something gets destroyed by ways of using the damage handler script. It can be a new script, as long as it works. I just have no idea if UFPS has this or if I would need to figure out my own way of doing it.

41. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Then what you will want to do is to use the event handling system. It is perfect for this type of thing. I was simply giving you a short-cut to the problem that you expressed. As I mentioned, "there are better ways to do this". But, if you are spinning your wheels, ... why would I throw more sand? ...

Picture it this way ... if you were to place a script upon an object that was going to be attacked or interacted with by your player, or by any other object for that matter, and if that script were to send, or receive, a message from the player event handler (after having registered with the event handler), then the event handler could broadcast that message to all interested parties that had subscribed to the event handler and that were listening for that particular message. Have you noticed how the OnMessage, CanStart, OnStart, OnStop, etc. type of things are handled? It's just that easy ... make up a name for your event, or message, or action, and then subscribe to the event handler (from what ever game object might need to track a certain message) . UFPS is based upon the event system, it is at the core of it's functionality, so all of these things that you wish to do can easily be handled by that event system. The "universal basic functionality for any object" that you are seeking is contained within the event handler system. I'll quit now, I know you'll figure it out.

42. Cargh

Cargh

I was wondering if there was any type of free look built into UFPS. I.e. hold down alt key and can fee look around independent of movement and rotation of body.

43. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Not that I am aware of.
    I found your question to be very interesting so I have thrown together a little script that you might try to use (it uses a Left-Alt toggle, not a hold-it-down, but you could easily fix that).
    Another option that occurs to me would be to attempt to swing an additional camera into action. That might be fun!

Code (csharp):
    3. /* A simple experiment to simulate looking around
    4.  * without allowing player movement. Works fairly well
    5.  * in 3rd person but not so well in first person on
    6.  * a player with a body. There is a bad, bad camera
    7.  * shake on skinned players when looking below horizontal.
    8.  * I don't know what the problem is, but I dummied up
    9.  * a little work around that puts the camera into 3rd person
    10.  * mode, if needed, and then puts it back into first person
    11.  * when done looking around.
    12.  * Works as expected, without errors, on non-skinned mesh players.
    13.  * This script should be placed upon the Player.
    14.  */
    16. using UnityEngine;
    17. using System.Collections;
    19. public class bsn_LetsLookAround : MonoBehaviour
    20. {
    21.     // make this true in the Inspector
    22.     // if the player has a body
    23.     public bool onTheHero = false;
    25.     // switched to true upon first usage
    26.     private bool controllerOnOff = false;
    28.     // work around for bad, bad camera shake
    29.     // when the player is in first person mode
    30.     private bool wasFirstPerson = false;
    32.     // track the current weapon
    33.     private int currentWep = 0;
    34.     private bool switchWep = true;
    36.     private vp_FPPlayerEventHandler m_Player = null;
    37.     private vp_FPController m_Controller = null;
    38.     private SkinnedMeshRenderer heroRenderer;
    40.     void Awake ()
    41.     {
    42.         m_Player = GetComponentInChildren<vp_FPPlayerEventHandler>();
    43.         m_Controller = GetComponentInChildren<vp_FPController>();
    45.         // only bother with this if the player has a body
    46.         if (onTheHero) heroRenderer = GetComponentInChildren<SkinnedMeshRenderer>();
    47.     }
    49.     // prepare to listen/send messages
    50.     // to the event system
    51.     protected virtual void OnEnable()
    52.     {
    53.         if (m_Player != null)
    54.             m_Player.Register(this);
    55.     }
    57.     protected virtual void OnDisable()
    58.     {
    59.         if (m_Player != null)
    60.             m_Player.Unregister(this);
    61.     }
    65.     void Start ()
    66.     {
    67.      // if on a player with a body, start in 3rd person view for kicks.
    68.     if (onTheHero) m_Player.CameraToggle3rdPerson.Send();
    69.     }
    72.     void Update ()
    73.     {
    74.         // Left-Alt key works as a toggle
    75.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.LeftAlt))
    76.         {
    77.             controllerOnOff = !controllerOnOff;
    79.             if (controllerOnOff)
    80.             {
    81.                 currentWep = m_Player.CurrentWeaponIndex.Get();
    82.                 // put away the current weapon
    83.                 m_Player.SetWeapon.TryStart(0);
    84.                 // disallow further weapon switching
    85.                 switchWep = false;
    86.                 // only use if player has a body
    87.                 if (onTheHero) heroRenderer.enabled = false;
    89.                 if (m_Player.IsFirstPerson.Get() == true)
    90.                 {
    91.                     wasFirstPerson = true;
    92.                     // if on a player with a body, do our look around
    93.                     // using the 3rd person camera position
    94.                     if (onTheHero) m_Player.CameraToggle3rdPerson.Send();
    95.                 }
    97.             }
    98.             else
    99.             {
    100.                 // allow weapon switching
    101.                 switchWep = true;
    102.                 // pull up the last weapon used
    103.                 m_Player.SetWeapon.TryStart(currentWep);
    105.                 // reset the player to first person if we switched the camera
    106.                 if (wasFirstPerson) m_Player.IsFirstPerson.Set(true);
    108.                 // only use if player has a body
    109.                 if (onTheHero)  heroRenderer.enabled = true;
    111.                                  wasFirstPerson = false;
    112.             }
    113.             // freeze/unfreeze the controller
    114.             m_Controller.SetState("Freeze", controllerOnOff);
    115.         }
    116.     }
    118.     // no playing with guns or clubs while we look around!
    119.     protected virtual bool CanStart_SetWeapon()
    120.     {
    121.         if (switchWep) return true;
    122.         return false;
    123.     }
    125.     // no crouching while we look around!
    126.     // let's share the switchWep bool.
    127.     protected virtual bool CanStart_Crouch()
    128.     {
    129.         if (switchWep) return true;
    130.         return false;
    131.     }
    133. }

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  44. Cargh

Cargh

Thank you very much, will give it a try in a few hours, cant wait :)

I have yet to try Oculus with UFPS, but was thinking about your Oculus implementation. I assumed free look would be implemented as part of that. To allow the person to look around with Oculus and then move with WASD and Mouse the player and body rotation. I'm assuming you have the Oculus 1to1 motion tracking bound to the aim atm.

45. davbar9

davbar9

You can upload a video in youtube too see how works the game with the code?

46. LoonyBen

LoonyBen

!IsPlayingOrAllowExecuteInEditMode () seems to be based around vp_PlayerInventory and constant when the SpaceLimit foldout it opened.
    _GroupContainer was visible once for me with the Dumpsters but no longer. There was a script that had a variable for Scene Groups using and older version of Unity but with 4.5.5 I don't see the _GroupContainer in the scene. Anyone find the solution yet?

47. LoonyBen

LoonyBen

I was able to get rid of the !IsPlayingOrAllowExecuteInEditMode errors by applying the ContollerDefault state to the State field under VP_FPController in Inspector for HeroHDWeapons, so far I haven't gotten the error back.

48. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Perhaps, maybe, possibly, this rather long thread on the Official Forum could lead to a solution or some peace in pursuit of this problem ...
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/6596

49. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

@Andy_

Hey there VisionPunk,

I've been following your Ultimate FPS Camera asset since around version number 1.4 and higher.
    Yesterday I just watched your upcoming plans (on the schedule) for this asset.
    But then I started to think about something.
    You have heard maybe about this asset from NSDesignGames:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/4652

As you can see; the multiplayer part of that asset, and alot of other buyable assets for Unity are starting with a Server browser system. So, I would really like to recommend you to build up a simple "lobby-system", just with a simple timer and a list shown up of the current players in the server.

I hope you can implement this feature. ..If so, I may be able (and convinced :p ) to buy your asset.
    As always, good luck on your gamedevelopment progress etc.
    ..and don't forget to reply so I know you're not just doing nothing out there! :D

50. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Smartline-Games,
    Thanks for the feedback, A lobby system is something we want to do,
    It won't be part of the first release of the multiplayer add-on though,
    but it's something we want to add further down the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.