Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Udemy course on pixelart for videogames

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by MarcoKaz, Feb 11, 2015.

1. MarcoKaz

MarcoKaz

Hello,
    My name is Marco,
    but I just published a pixelart course on udemy.
    it goes from creating lines and shapes into shading, creating a scene and character.

by the end you should have something that looks like a screenshot from a videogame.
    In the end I do go into unity and use a couple of prime31 free scripts to get out charater to move around in the scene!

you can see the video teaser here

and use this coupon to get 50% discount:

https://www.udemy.com/pixel-art-for-video-games/?couponCode=fifty

Hope to see you there!
    Marco

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. rmvmagalhaes

rmvmagalhaes

Sounds cool but i cant draw, so...

3. MarcoKaz

MarcoKaz

You don't really need to be able to draw. Its a plus, but the course teaches you the concepts of shading and line art so that you can still do it properly even with no drawing skill

4. MarcoKaz

MarcoKaz

5. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Cool! My favorite art style and since I am currently working on another 2D pixel art game this should come in handy. Just bought it and hopefully I can start the course by this weekend!

6. MarcoKaz

MarcoKaz

Please post your creations on the discussions. I'll be more than happy to provide advice and guidance.

7. Pixiro

Pixiro

This course is a great idea Marco. I love this art style I just bought your course ;-)
    so now it's learning time. I'm excited.. I will try to make a game when I'm more confident. and post some references here.
    Thanks a lot ...

8. JymWythawhy

JymWythawhy

Marco,

Do you need photoshop to get the most out of this course, or can you use GIMP or another graphics program?

Thanks

9. MarcoKaz

MarcoKaz

Hello,
    you don't specifically need photoshop to do it. I used it because I'm faster in photoshop so I can get more in a video.
    But you can use gimp or graphics gale or promotion. the concepts I show are fairly non-dependent of software. There area a few moments that I use photoshop stuff, but its, again, just to speed up. you could still manage to do it by other manual processes. I have a few studends using gimp.

10. MarcoKaz

MarcoKaz

In other news, I just reached 400 students, so I made this promotion that you can get the course 20 dollars.
    Follow this link:
    http://goo.gl/Ib4yRg

only available till the end of March, so if you are considering enrolling, use this opportunity!

11. christinanorwood

christinanorwood

Congrats on the interest in your course. I've just signed up, nice discount thanks.

12. MarcoKaz

MarcoKaz

AH! I saw your name pop up! thank you for enrolling. I try and be as helpful as i can, so if you have any doubts, I ask you to post a discussion and I'll answer as quick as I can. I sometimes provide edits/paintovers so you can see what I mean.
    Please enjoy the course
    Marco