Search Unity

TypeError: Result of expression 'Kharma.assetStore' [undefined] is not an object.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MianZuhaibZahid, Oct 28, 2014.

1. MianZuhaibZahid

MianZuhaibZahid

Hello Guys !

Well I'v been trying to upload some of my assets in the Unity Asset Store, but every-time I try, I come across this error.
    TypeError: Result of expression 'Kharma.assetStore' [undefined] is not an object.

It should be noted that I tried to get rid of that error by uninstalling the Unity3d, restarted my pc, installed it again ,then tried it, but it didn't help.
    So you guys, can you help me with this..

Thanks much !!

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Hi, unfortunately I can't really help you, but I thought it's worth to let you know that you're not the only person with this problem at the moment. I do get the exact same error message when I try to preview one of my assets. Unity just displays the asset store main page, rather than the asset preview page.

I use "Asset Store Tools 3.3.2" (which is the latest version for now). Tried with Unity 4.1.2 and Unity 4.3.0, same error. I also reinstalled Asset Store Tools, restarted the PC (win7 64bit), but the error is still there.

In case the Unity asset store team is looking at this thread, I filed a bug-report regarding this issue: (Case 643420) AssetStore: Unable to preview package

MianZuhaibZahid likes this.
  3. MianZuhaibZahid

MianZuhaibZahid

Hey man, thanks for letting me know.. & It's really frustrating that the Unity team is not helping with this matter. :/

4. im

im

latest unity giving me nothing but

when i click in Open In Unity button from my browser

which makes it real pain to update assets :(

5. saratchandrakarumuri

saratchandrakarumuri

I too got same error even in Unity 4.5.5. Is there any workaround to download assets in unity

6. MianZuhaibZahid

MianZuhaibZahid

I don't think there is. But I'm not sure.. Lets wait for the Unity itself to guide us if they see this thread.. I was using 4.6 beta version, So I thought maybe it's beta version and that's why I'm seeing the error. So, I changed back to 4.5 but still the error was there.. :/

7. im

im

when i search the web it looks like the problem has been happening since like 2012... :( so i dont see like it getting resolved anytime soon...

8. radu-danciu

radu-danciu

We're seeing this as well since yesterday, tested on several machines both Mac and Windows. Hopefully it's just some temporary issue. Fingers crossed.

9. radu-danciu

radu-danciu

We've found a way to poke it back into working: it appears that going to the publisher administration page in a browser, editing the 'Version' and 'Version Changes' fields for the package, saving, then pressing 'Preview in Asset Store' flushed out the issue. The package can now be previewed from Unity's Asset Store view as well.

10. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Thanks for the info! I just gave it a try, unfortunalety it's not working for me. I really hope to get it working soon. In the past, whenever I wanted to submit a new version, something with the asset store just didn't work and waiting a few days resolved the issue magically. Hoping it's the same with this one. :confused:

11. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

yes same here! I tried it multiple times, restarted unity... does not work :(

12. 3DCWCURTO

3DCWCURTO

Had the same problem and the logging into publisher admin trick worked. I did'nt see a version field in the tool submission but its there in the web publisher admin thing.
    thanks radu

13. radu-danciu

radu-danciu

Hey, since writing the reply I've noticed that fix is finicky as well. It appears things have to happen quite specifically.

For me this is the exact sequence to get it working:
    1. Try to open the preview from Asset Store Tools Package Manager within Unity, and get the Kharma.assetStore error.
    2. Go to the publisher admin web page > packages and click "Preview in Asset Store" for the package you're interested in. I don't need to change any data in the fields, but having valid entries probably helps (and yes, there's no "Version" field in the Asset Store Tools Package Manager view in Unity, you can only find that in the web view for some reason).
    3. Once you've done this you can click "Preview" again in Unity, but be sure to not have closed the Asset Store view that was open before with the error.

Following this sequence the preview works for me. It appears to be relevant that the AssetStore view has to be open before previewing the package from the web view. Also, trying to press preview again (a third time) won't work, you have to repeat from 1.

It all seems mighty specific, and quite wide-spread, so I'm hoping the steps I listed might help somebody withing Unity fix this issue.

14. MianZuhaibZahid

MianZuhaibZahid

Great ! It works.. Thanks... But somehow the asset is not submitting. I clicked Submit button and then there was a window in which I agreed with legal stuff , and after that nothing happened.

15. im

im

ok thanks, but still hopefully they will fix it soon...

16. caitlyn

caitlyn

sorry about that, we're investigating...

17. weronika

weronika

Hi all,
    this issue has been fixed today. Please verify that everything works again.

18. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

It's working again, thanks for the quick fix!

19. MianZuhaibZahid

MianZuhaibZahid

Thanks love.. :-]

20. im

im

yes working great thanks!

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, i had the same problem too.

22. imam_raviel

imam_raviel

sorry im disturb you,,,, i have a same the problem , but im get different notice for error
    this notice :

TypeError : Result of expression 'windows.context' [undefined] is not an object.

please help me,,, :(

23. musicartslao

musicartslao

Hi !
    I am having this error:

"Unexpected error: Failed to load offline Asset Store page
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32)"

Unity version 467f1 on MBP OSX 1068

Any fix ? Thanks for any help !