Search Unity

[Tutorial] Shade More Efficiently: Taking Advantage of Multi-Compile Shaders

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by M-Palko, Jan 11, 2014.

1. M-Palko

M-Palko

colin299 and AM_1 like this.
  2. RUBILYN

RUBILYN

HELLO Mister PALKO !

THANK YOU DEEPLY SO DEEPLY MUCH FOR BUILDING THIS TUTTORIALS !

Its so much apreciated and you CANT even imagine how much you helped me in some Heavy custom inspectors work here .. Basically without Your code, i would not be able to Progress further ! Its amazing Thank you so much .

Im sorry to ask you and im sure you must be having alot more to do ...
    ( and i have some bucks left in pay pall that i can donate for your help if you want )

But i would like to extend this Amazing More easy Custom Inspectors In some ways :

1) I would like to Have Checkboxes and also Popup Menus "Inside the collapsive" CheckBoxes.
    Like what it is here in the Unity Reference : http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MaterialPropertyDrawer.html
    But the More i try I just Cant make it on my own ...
    Can you please Add to your Amazing Custom Inspectors Script Methods for us having those "checboxes" and "Popups" Toggles inside The Collapsive Ones ?
    2) Can we have also methods to Resize The Texture Thumbnails To make it Tinny or Large ?
    And can We Have also Foldouts ? In the inspector ? I attached a Thunbnail of it in the post ...
    3) PS: Im sorry But in Latest Unity Versions Your Scripts gives a Obsolete Error here
    // ShaderProperty(shader,propertyIndex);
    CustomMaterialEditor.cs(139,17): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.ShaderProperty(UnityEngine.Shader, int)' is obsolete: `Use ShaderProperty that takes MaterialProperty parameter instead.'

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AMAZING HELP THAT WAS THIS TUTTORIAL AND SCRIPT !
    Its SImplifies so much things ! Without it we would not be able to make our Custom Inspectors at all ...

Million thanks For your Time ! Best Regards !
    And the most Happy Hollidays for you and all yours There !

/3DLABS

PS: Atached some examples of the Popups and texture size and foldouts categories we are reaaly needing to do ... Thank you !

Attached Files:

3. colin299

colin299

I was copying shader code for each different behavior in the past.
    This tutorial is really saving my life!!!!
    Thanks for it!!